5.0 out of 5 stars Great emphasis on topics other books skip over!
What I really loved about this book is the emphasis on topics most other web design books skip over such as planning, researching, getting content together to create a successful website. I'd recommend this to people just getting started learning web design or a seasoned professionals that just want to get more value out of their own website projects.
Published on July 12, 2009 by Jeff Noble

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a book on HOW to build websites.
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great emphasis on topics other books skip over!, July 12, 2009
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful book for a website owner, December 20, 2009
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is perfect for someone like me. I'm a photographer, and have a website which was designed and built by someone else. I do my own updating, and would eventually like to be able to do more of the design tweaks by myself.

The last section on publishing and site maintenance is especially helpful for my needs. It's got step by step directions that easily walk me through how to upload new files to the site. In addition to the step by step directions, all of the background information - like how ftp programs work - is written in such an engaging manner that I keep wanting to know more.

I'm sure I'll end up reading every page - especially the section on designing for the web, which will be helpful in assessing whether the website is accomplishing all of my goals. I'll also be pouring over the section on search engine optimization.

I think Web Design All-in-One is a great book for anybody who owns a website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners, February 3, 2010
K. Deonaraine (Lasalle, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
I consider myself a beginner and this book really helped me get me up and running on designing web sites. Each section is to the point and doesn't assume too much, which is perfect for me. The chapters about HTML and CSS were invaluable. The parts about designing web graphics (Photoshop, etc...) were a bit above my head, I just use GRSites for that, but the search engine optimization tips were a real eye opener. I found going thru the book for hours, and learning new things in an enjoyable and organized way, the author definitely writes well. Great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, hands-on reference, July 20, 2010
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
This easy-to-follow, well-written reference is a must-have for anyone looking to develop a website, especially for those with experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, but not in Dreamweaver or other web software programs. I've owned this book for just over three weeks and it looks like it's been around for years with how much I've already used it to develop my own website. The chapters are invaluable to helping me understand the essential elements creating and launching a website, including CSS, testing pages, and announcing your website to the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all inclusive book, January 18, 2013
Kerri L. Terwilliger (Hartland, VT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
this is just what I was looking for as a beginner web designer. It builds the foundation and builds from there, I know I will refer to this book over and over.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a book on HOW to build websites., February 22, 2013
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
When I saw the title "Web Design all-in-one" I assumed, incorrectly, that this was the book that would tell me how to build a website. Wrong. This book explains in great detail the WHAT's and WHY's of building a website, but is usually silent on the HOW's of actually getting it done. Maybe this is a good resource for someone who knows HTML inside and out but doesn't understand the process of getting "thought to paper," so to speak; but, for the novice (like me) who wanted to understand how to build a website, this book is worthless. As an example, the book clearly tells you in detail that a webpage must include a "Doctype." It even tells you there are six different kinds of Doctypes. It tells you in detail what a doctype is. It then promptly skips to adding meta-data, without ever telling you what the six kinds of Doctypes are, or how to actually apply them to your webpage. Utter rubbish.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, August 21, 2013
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
The book was a great selection. It made it very easy to learn learn design. I totally recommend this book to any beginner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
So far it seems to be easily understood, which is what I was looking for. Haven't finished it yet. Received the book very quick. Excellent service and book was in outstanding condition. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Can Help!, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
Gots lots of info. Can help you plan the layout of the website. Has example forms to assist in planning the website to have good organization. You can also learn how to diplay the desired and the required information with an arrangement that is pleasing to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good condition and helpful book, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Web Design All-in-One For Dummies (Paperback)
This product arrived quickly and the book was very helpful. Excellent resource for someone wanting to do web design from scratch or using Dreamweaver.

Web Design All-in-One For Dummies
Web Design All-in-One For Dummies by Sue Jenkins (Paperback - May 11, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.45