Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 16, 2012
This book isn't just a technical babbling, it actually lays out things in a way that's easy to understand. More than likely this is a required text book, but its just as good for anyone looking to build their own website.
on January 8, 2014
Whenever I need a used book I try Amazon. As far as books go I am still old school and hate the digital books due to their special "reader programs" that usually suck. Amazon is the first place I look then the usual online books stores. As far as content....doesn't matter it is for school. They also offer great buyback program.
on May 17, 2012
This was a good book with a lot of information, but I was looking for something that had more information on actually designing the website. This book has a lot more reading and information geared toward the research phase of a website- audience, options, color schemes, research, etc. I was looking for something that had more instruction on how to code/build the site, not thinking through target audience and general protocols. But if you are looking for a place to start this book has a lot of information and offers a whole website of extended exercises and readings for more opportunities to learn.
on November 12, 2013
I am impressed that this book uses all the new tech companies as examples in its text. I am using the book for a class and I have a high depth of Web Design knowledge, but still learned a few items from this book. It is an easy read that is separated and organized neatly.
on April 12, 2013
The book was pretty thorough in covering the subject matter. It was also easy to read and understand. I have actually enjoyed reading it more, and have gotten more out of it, than I had expected.
on January 26, 2014
My fault for not paying closer attention but thanks a bunch Cengage. Through the Google book store I'm able to view it on Android devices and the cloud, so why restrict use to to only ipad on Amazon?

Rating for the book.... the book is great, clear concise step by step progression.
on February 5, 2014
Great book to help get the layout and setup right. Has key importance steps that lead to great design. Powerful book.
on November 12, 2013
This book details some good information. However, I found that it was geared towards people with very little web experience. This is good in its own way. Who wants to read a book with a bunch of technical jargon? The main problem is that there isn't ENOUGH technical jargon. I expected this book to help me actually make a website, but this says virtually nothing about actually constructing a website. Furthermore, for it's price, it has very few pages (about 200). Overall, if this book simply were larger and actually told you how to DO anything, it would be fine.
on July 5, 2016
I don't really 'hate' it...just found out it wasn't the right book to teach html.
on September 24, 2014