Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 18, 1999
I really liked this book. Although thin on written content, it has 96 glossy pages of beautifully designed web sites. This book gives me relief from creative blocks, and I find it a good index of a few URLs to visit and test for myself. Some useful tips on colour are present, but it's really a visual reference rather than anything overly informative. Good value for the low price.
on September 24, 2000
This book delivers exactly what the title implies: inspiring examples of attractive website design, focusing on the use of color. I originally checked the book out of my local library, but after looking at it for an hour, had to jump onto Amazon.com to order my own copy to keep.
The book does not promise to be a "how-to" book, and it does not provide step-by-step instructions on how to achieve results similar to those shown ... there are many other books that do that. Instead, it offers beautiful full color pictures of well designed pages, along with brief comments to help the reader understand why each design works so well.
I'm finding this book to be a great source of inspiration to do some new and exciting things with color. For under $20, this book is a great bargain. I just ordered the other 2 books in this series, on typography and navigation. If they are even half as good as this book, I'll consider the money well spent!
on June 4, 2001
I was foolish enough to have bought their "...: Color" and "...: Navigation" at the same time. What a big mistake. The authors even had the audacity to use many of the same examples in *both* books! There is no way I'm going to try their Typography" one. I hate being cheated. Buy them used (and thus at a much lower price) if you must buy them at all. They might be a little helpful if you are suffering from a creative block. They weren't helpful for me, but I'm already artistic so maybe that's why.