From the Back Cover
Introductory Guide to WebSphere Business Integration from IBM
Using WebSphere Business Integration (WBI) technology, you can build an enterprise-wide Business Integration (BI) infrastructure that makes it easier to connect any business resources and functions, so you can adapt more quickly to the demands of customers and partners. Now there's an introductory guide to creating standards-based process and data integration solutions with WBI.
WebSphere Business Integration Primerthoroughly explains Service Component Architecture (SCA), basic business processes, and complex long-running business flows, and guides you to choose the right process integration architecture for your requirements. Next, it introduces the key components of a WBI solution and shows how to make them work together rapidly and efficiently. This book will help developers, technical professionals, or managers understand today's key BI issues and technologies, and streamline business processes by combining BI with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Linking BI, business process management (BPM), and SOA
- BI scenarios, architecture, patterns, and the IBM Business Object Framework
- Business orchestration utilizing WS-BPEL and other industry standards
- BI development with WebSphere Integration Developer (WID) and the SCA programming model
- WebSphere Process Server (WPS): a runtime for service-oriented applications
- Defining business maps, rules, business state machines, and human tasks
- Managing BI services: security, auditing, and more
- Integrating third-party and legacy systems with WebSphere adapters
- Utilizing WebSphere Business Modeler and WebSphere Business Monitor
- Using WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus (WESB) to integrate services
About the Author
Ashok Iyengar is a member of the WebSphere Enablement Team based in San Diego. He has worked extensively with the WebSphere software platform, and for the past four years, has concentrated on the WebSphere Business Integration suite. He also coauthored IBM WebSphere Portal Primer.
Vinod Jessani is a senior software engineer with the IBM WebSphere Enablement Team in San Diego. He has more than 15 years’ experience in distributed systems and online transaction processing systems.
Michele Chilanti is a consulting IT specialist with IBM Software Services, where he consults daily with IBM customers worldwide, supporting their J2EE and WebSphere Business Integration development and deployment projects.