5.0 out of 5 stars my dream grill
I've wanted a new grill for my lake cottage for several years. It had to be of high quality & also versatile because it is our primary cooking area during the summer months. It had to be large enough to handle a crowd yet easy enough to use for just the wife & myself. The cottage is on an island, so reliability was extremely important - I didn't need to be shacking...
Published on September 18, 2007 by Richard Delhaie

1.0 out of 5 stars E-320 Disapointment
Quality grill,Looks nice,really not a good grill.

2010 model
Heats up nicely 500 + degrees, but will barely sear a hot dog let alone a strip steak
Good for slow cooking or baking.
I called Weber, telling them of the issue
hoping they may have received similar complaints and have a fix for the problem,
their suggestion was to leave the...
Published on March 25, 2012 by John Velna

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!!!, July 26, 2007
This review is from: Weber 3751001 Genesis E-320 Propane Gas Grill, Black (Lawn & Patio)
Shopping experience with AMAZON was great, fast delivery.
The grill is perfectly crafted and easy to assemble, even the box where it came in was heavy duty, nothing moves or can get scratched. Everything fits right into place. Material quality is very good and solid.
I am a novice to grilling, but I can say that from the very first piece of meat, followed by the general advice from Weber and the recipe, everything came out perfect and very tasty. We used it almost daily since, with meat, fish and seafood and I would not give it away anymore. The heat is evenly distributed, if needed, it can get very hot to meet all grilling requirements, regulating the temp works very efficient. It is very easy to clean.
I am glad we spend the extra $$$ and I would say, it's the perfect grill for up to 6 people. And besides all that it is also a very beautiful masterpiece to look at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Grill Investment you wil1 Ever Make!, August 12, 2008
Let me start by saying that my last Weber gas grill was 13 years old when I replaced it with the Genesis E-320. During that 13 years I used it 1-2 times per week. I never replaced anything on the grill. In fact, I don't even think I cleaned the flavor bars more than once during that time.

When I put together the new grill, the first thing I noticed is that there are no plastic connectors or end caps like my last one. The end pieces are heavy cast aluminum, and all of the connectors are metal. I took me and a buddy and hour and a half(and a couple of beers)to put it together. I admit you have to study the instructions, but if you follow them precisely, the grill goes together well - and talk about SOLID - no sloppiness in any of the parts or fit - this grill is built to last. Cooking on this thing is a dream. Nice, even heat and easy to control. I even smoked and cooked a huge brisket all day at 200 degrees and it was delicious!

I have to admit that I did a ton of research on gas grills before I bought this one. I was sucked in by the lure of lower priced grills with big cooking surfaces and extra features. Then I read the reviews - most of the other cheaper brands live up to the old "you get what you pay for" maxim. Then I realized I was just having a brain cramp. If my last Weber lasted that long, why would I even consider anything but another Weber? Why buy 3-4 grils over 10-12 years at $300 - $400 a throw when you can just buy one Weber? I also like the fact that the Genesis and Summit grills are still made in Indiana - that's right still made in the USA! The Spirit line and kettles are now made in China. Trust me, you will never regret buying this Weber!

5.0 out of 5 stars Built like a tank, should last a very long time, June 14, 2010
What can I say that hasn't already been said. This grill is the best of the best.

I was looking to upgrade from a cheapo $150 Kenmore grill that served me and my family well for the last 9 years. At first I was interested in the Char-Broil RED series grills on display at Home Depot, so I decided to do some research on them. I am sure glad I did - almost every review I read basically said "They work well, but they aren't built too well. Get a Weber instead." I was initially turned off by the higher prices the Webers fetched over the other brands (Char-Broil, Brinkmann, etc.) but after taking delivery of and assembling the E-320, I can see why. You definitely get what you pay for.

Every component of this grill is rock solid. Stainless steel parts are manufactured from 300 series stainless steel. All parts are manufactured with very tight, perfect tolerances so there's no pulling, pushing, or frustration when assembling - everything fit like a jigsaw puzzle and parts were secured with sturdy steel bolts and washers. Even the trim pieces on the side shelves are made out of sturdy metal and not plastic like the other brands. Honestly, the only plastic components on the entire grill are the four gas control knobs. The included assembly instructions were slightly confusing at first, but once you match all the included hardware with the enclosed hardware guide, assembling was a breeze and took a little less than 2 hours. I heartily second the advice that many here give about having a decent 7/16" socket wrench - it makes assembling this thing quicker and much less frustrating. I used a 3/8" drive socket wrench with a standard and a long 7/16" socket driver bits. You will also need a standard Philips head screwdriver. The instructions call for a standard screwdriver as well to install the doors, but I just pushed the pins in with my fingers with no problem.

After assembly, the grill fired up on the first try. You can easily reach 600 degrees with this grill in about 15 minutes. Heating is very even, no hot or cold spots. The grates are porcelain-coated cast iron, but I believe stainless steel and regular cast iron grates are available - this is purely personal preference.

The whole Amazon shopping experience wasn't terribly smooth, however. Amazon itself wasn't the problem - it was the shipping company they used (CEVA, formerly Eagle Global Logistics). The grill in the box weighs a little less than 200lb so it needs to be shipped via heavy freight. The grill took 11 days to get to my house - checking CEVA's tracking website, I noticed that the grill arrived in my area 4 days before CEVA contacted me to set up an appointment for delivery. Then they completely failed to show up on the scheduled date of delivery, so I ultimately called up Amazon Customer Service who dealt with CEVA HQ directly and also offered me an Amazon gift card for my trouble. The grill showed up at my door about 2 hours after I called Amazon. Now that's what I call service.

Weber enforces strict price controls on their authorized dealers (Amazon is one), so you won't see many Weber grills being sold at any significant discount. However, Amazon offers free shipping and no sales tax (at least to CA), so I saved a fair amount on the tax alone.

Some recommended accessories for this grill include:

- Weber #7553 Premium Grill Cover (this is almost a must-have)
- Weber #7541 Gas Grill Smoker Attachment
- upgraded third-party stainless steel flavorizer bars (you can find these on eBay). Supposed to be more durable than Weber's, but I'll let these porcelain enameled bars wear out before I worry about getting a new set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tops!, May 5, 2008
Just saw that the Weber Genesis E-320 was rated #1 in June '08 Consumer Reports. I agree 100%. Have had ours for about a month, using 2-3 times/week. I assembled myself in about 3 hours - a helper would have cut it to 2. Every part fit together perfectly. Assembly instructions are excellent. Heats quickly. Cooks quickly and evenly. It is a pleasure - my wife (our home is equal opportunity) is in grill-heaven!

5.0 out of 5 stars Weber E-320 Gas Grill, January 19, 2009
I have owned Weber grills for the last 20 years or so and still have a charcoal grill that is 9 years old and still cooks and looks great. This new Genesis E-320 propane gas grill is every thing I would expect from Weber, nylon washers between every painted part that is screwed or bolted to prevent scratching the metal so the grill dose not fall apart due to rust in a couple of years. Die cast aluminum where it counts and stainless steel parts ie: on the work surfaces, burners, drip tray and porcelain coated cast iron grill grates that resits rust and retains heat better than stainless steel.[...].

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Grill Ever, July 12, 2008
We've used this grill almost every day since it was delivered. After researching the reviews we decided on this one over a similarly priced infrared grill, and I don't think we could be happier with our purchase. The grill gets up to temp very quickly, the flavorizor bars make the food taste almost as good as it would when cooked on charcoal and it's a Weber - so I know it will last. Assembly isn't that complicated, they say you need two people to do it, but I was able to complete it by myself in a couple of hours. The only con I've seen so far is lack of shelf space on the sides - Weber really should have thought more about knob placement. There may be a valid engineering reason for this design, but it definitely cuts down on much needed workspace.

If you are looking for a new grill I'd say this is the one to go with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grill, it's a Cadillac, June 24, 2008
You really won't be disappointed if you make this purchase. After going through a Wal Mart special (Brinkmann) grill in just over 3 years, I decided to purchase the Weber I should have bought in the first place.

Pros:

1. Enamel surface is easier to keep clean than stainless steel. Despite the fad of going with stainless, my earlier stainless grill was stained and didn't look clean after a year. I expect this grill to hold up much better. If you have stainless appliances in your kitchen, multiply the challenge of keeping them clean by about 5x for a grill. You have smoke, grease, etc. from grilling.

2. Sturdy, sturdy, sturdy.

3. Cast Iron grates perform great. (I did season the grates with Crisco as recommended by the Weber site. Instructions are there.)

4. Thermometer seems extremely accurate.

5. Side burner starts easily, as has a nice low setting for simmering. (On my other grill, low was equivalent to Medium or even Medium High on a standard cooktop. The Weber side burner will no go as low as my natural gas stovetop, but it is still lower than others I've used.)

6. Knobs work great.

7. Starter is excellent.

8. Cookbook has been helpful for cooking times, methods, and understanding direct vs. indirect heat.

Cons:

1. Some assembly instructions are hard to understand. Watch out for the Black anodized screws vs. stainless screws. They use the same screw diameter and length, so I built the grill with the wrong screws and had to change them out. They provided stainless for the exterior facing screws. I think overall Weber should just provide a single type of screw (stainless) to avoid confusion. I don't believe there is a performance issue between the two, but I could be wrong.

2. As others have said, putting the knobs on the right table facing up cuts into your space quite a bit.

3. Stainless tables. As I mentioned in the pros section, I'd really rather not deal with Stainless and keeping it looking good. Overall, I think this grill will be much easier to keep clean than a full stainless model, and I appreciate the sanitary aspect of the stainless, but this is an outdoor tool and I think the Stainless is ineffective. Perhaps in future versions Weber could use Silestone (Microban would be great) or something less susceptible to staining.

4. So far I haven't figured out how to attach the tank to the gas scale. Neat idea but I tried to get the tank on it and wasn't able to. Perhaps when the tank is lighter I'll be able to figure it out.

Final Con (Not really a con at all) get ready to re-learn how to BBQ to some extent. If you are like me, you probably had certain spots on your old grill that cooked at different temperatures.... Pull the veggies to one side to get them off of the heat, etc. This grill is consistent and you have to break some bad habits, but you will be happy and the food tastes great. 100% pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars NIce, January 2, 2008
Redmen2 (NIagara Falls, NY) - See all my reviews
This is my 2nd Weber, my 5th grill. Before I bought it I did alot of research to see if I could better my weber of 10 years(I used my Weber at least 2x per week for 10 yrs, even in the winter). After many days of going to stores and searching online I saw my new e-320 and had to have it. My old weber was still kicking and would fire w/ one push of the igniter, I just out grew its size as my grilling is becoming more advanced than hotdogs. In fact my younger brother made me give it to him, and he through away his 2 year old Kenmore. It heats up quick, and the heat is very even. This grill will probably be my last, if not, Weber is the only brand for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Constructed, A Real Pain To Assemble, April 25, 2009
Michael J. Kelly (Bainbridge Island, WA) - See all my reviews
This is one of the hardest items I've ever put together. I started at 1:30 this afternoon and finished three hours later -- and I am a engineer. The grill seems very well constructed from what I could see (the tolerances on all the connections were great, and things really did meet just perfectly in almost every case; in only one instance did I have to apply a little elbow grease to force two pieces to meet up.)

The biggest problem is that Weber took a page from Ikea and cut corners on the directions. Apparently since they would have to translate written notes in the directions into three languages, they rely almost entirely on pictures. This is definitely *not* a case where a picture is worth a thousand words; in fact, it seemed like over and over, just ten or twenty words to explain what they were trying to say to avoid or do would have been very helpful. At several steps, I puzzled over a picture with a giant exclamation point and a slash through it - clearly they were trying to tell me NOT to do something. But in almost every case, I had to really stare at it for quite a while before I could figure out (a) what was different between the picture that illustrated the right way and the one that indicated very vociferously the wrong way and (b) the picture that illustrated the right way was often less than helpful. As a result, of the 24 steps in the assembly, I had to redo about four of them - including removing screws already inserted because only after I got done was it clear what they were trying to tell me with their pictures.

If you have a Masters in Ikea, you'll do fine. I wish that Weber would invest a few bucks in written directions - for such a high quality and fairly high priced item, it's really a shame that the "out of the box" experience was so frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars BG, October 18, 2007
This is a quality unit. One can tell that Weber took no short cuts in how they made this product. My husband and son assembled this BBQ themselves. Every part needed to asseble this grill was in the box. The instructions were easy to follow and logical. We have not used the side cooking element yet-will probably never get much use out of this but since this model came with free shipping and the E310 did not, (the model we wanted) this BBQ turned out to be less expensive. We have only used this BBQ a few times as we just recently got it, but already it is so much better than our old Arkla grill. Flare ups are so easy to extinquish and happen much less often. We would recommend this Weber to anyone. Customer service could not get any better and Weber was quick to send me the users guide that was not in our box. They want everything to be PERFECT and let you know they are there to help. One does not talk to a computer either but a real person-who has a smile in her voice and who sincerely wants the consumer to be happy with their purchase. The company takes pride in their employees and the employees take pride in the products their company builds. I would recommend Weber to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›