Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

For years I've been struggling with the whole barbecue sauce application process while grilling. Putting the sauce in a bowl or measuring cup and brushing it on with a brush was the best system I could come up with. I've been using a brush with silicone bristles for a few years, and that was a huge improvement. But I still had the problem of the brush falling out of the bowl or cup of sauce. What a mess! This Weber Saucing System finally solves that problem!! The container is sturdy plastic and dishwasher safe. The basting brush is high quality, heavy stainless steel with silicone bristles. It holds the sauce very well and is long enough to make applying the sauce very easy. And, of course, the best part: The brush rests perfectly across the sauce container, and any sauce left in the brush drains back into the container. No more brush falling out of a bowl full of sauce and onto the ground. No more mess. No more worries!! This Weber product is a must for anyone who grills and uses barbecue sauce while doing so. Great product, sleek design!!
on February 14, 2010
I've had this for a couple of years and it's very practical. It does everything it claims to and you can pour out the leftover easily if you want to save. It has measurement increments on the side if you want to make your own sauce. The one thing I want to stress is that I didn't read the packaging and I've always washed the cup and the brush in the dishwasher and never had any problems.
on May 19, 2009
Construction is excellent and its very nice that the brush just sits on the pitcher. Only complaint about this item is that once I received it, I noticed that it states it is NOT dishwasher safe. I have not been able to figure out why it cannot be placed in the dishwasher. Everything seems to be of top quality. However this one bad quality keeps it from being the perfect addition.
on July 17, 2009
I bought this for my husband for fathers day. It works great, handle is nice and long without the brush being too heavy and the container is big enough to hold quite a bit of sauce without taking up too much room in the cupboard. Downsides are that the brush doesn't 'click' on to the container, it simply rests there, so I have to store the two pieces seperately. The cup is dishwasher safe but the instructions (as with most silicone brushes) state that the brush is not dishwasher safe. It definitely prevents messes as the brush never flips out of the bowl and it doesn't tip too easily either. My husband loves it!
on June 7, 2010
If you look up the Weber 6432 brush, which IMO is the same brush I am pretty sure, it says it is "dishwasher safe"
I believe the cup is not as it appears to have some rubber-like material on it which would render it not safe for the high heat dishwasher environment.
I am ordering this right now but just wanted to point that out. I highly doubt Weber made a different brush for the set and it makes sense as the brush alone is model 6432 and this set is model 6433 (+1). Wouldn't you think?
Anyway, I look forward to getting my set soon with Amazon Prime.
Hope this helps.
on July 7, 2010
I'm pretty much a cheapskate so I really didn't want to get this premium priced sauce kit but I really was tired of cheap brushes that rust and the bristles fall off and onto my food. So since I was buying a new Weber grill, I just decided to get this because Amazon offered a dealio if you bought this together.

Wow! I love this "saucing system" as they like to call it. The cup feels substantial and is a great shape. It balances the brush perfectly so I don't have to worry about it tipping over. In addition, the extra sauce on the brush falls right back into the cup.

But the most important thing is that the brush feels so good to hold! The bristles are silicon so it can handle heat and lasts forever. I know this sounds crazy but it just feels nice in the hand. It is a cold aluminum (not cheap plastic that looks like metal). If they put an APPLE logo on this thing, they can sell it for hundreds!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS BUT I WANT ONE!! Ha Ha!!

I bought this last summer and it still looks like new. Get this thing. It's a bargain at any price!!
on June 28, 2011
I Seriously Can't believe no one else thought of this along time ago .. The Brush fits perfectly on top of the cup and extra sauce drips back into the cup

The Brush is high quality stainless steel and the brush head is high quality silicone , i think this will last a lifetime of grilling

Like all Weber style products this looks great and functions just as well
on October 18, 2011
Container is smaller than I anticipated. While it is certainly large enough for everyday saucing needs of the normal amount of feedings, larger parties with a loaded grill need something bigger. Words of caution, not negative remarks.

Secondly, I think a glass container would have been much nicer and have more longevity. I often use a Pyrex measuring cup for saucing purposes. What they lack is place to lay down the utensil without making a mess or risking a tip over. This Weber container picks up on the Pyrex's shortcomings. Just a suggestion.

The silicone basting brush is nice. Not too long and touristy looking but not too short that your burn your arms.

I would purchase again. Quality of the brush itself makes it worth a solo purchase to have a few on hand for other duties besides the grill basting.
I received this as a gift recently, and decided to christen it with some baby back ribs on my Weber Style Rib Rack. With that specific rack, being able to "paint" all the areas is an important, but often difficult task. Not so with the awesome brush in this kit.

The brush could probably be used to club someone, if the need ever arose. It's extremely heavy, which I happened to like a lot. And the silicone brush itself did a respectable job of holding (and letting go of) the sauce... but more importantly... didn't shed all over my ribs like a normal brush would.

The brush holder on the sauce cup is a brilliant design that lets you keep every last bit of your sauce as it drips from the brush, and keeps your grill clean. My only gripe (and the reason I didn't give this five stars) is that the instructions explicitly say that it isn't dishwasher safe.

My guess is that the brush probably corrodes with dishwasher detergent and that the cup really is dishwasher safe, but both are easy enough to clean, it isn't an "I'm not going to use this" kind of problem. But it really would have been nice to be able to toss it in the dishwasher.
on July 7, 2011
My review is strictly based on description and arrival, as it was a gift for someone (whose birthday is today, actually). Weber is a great brand, the packaging looks nice, it seems sturdy, and it arrived quickly. I have no doubts it will be the perfect addition to my bbq-ers collection