5.0 out of 5 stars Should have done this a year ago...
Published on November 14, 2009 by IAMSLICK

3.0 out of 5 stars 1 year review
Published on October 25, 2011 by Pierce

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have done this a year ago..., November 14, 2009
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
I have a 2001 Weber Genesis Silver B, and last year it started being reluctant to heat quickly and all the way to 600. Last week the grill never got hotter than about 400, so I knew something was wrong. I took the grill apart and looked at the flame, and it was fairly yellow. Also, the bar that connects the three main burners wasn't working to transfer the flame from one bar to another.

I bought this set from Amazon and installed it today. You have to take the grill apart, including taking the control panel off, the manifold off, disconnect the gas, take the flavor bars and grates out, etc. After I had everything uninstalled I elected to drag mine out in the yard and pressure wash it. After it dried I installed the new burners, new flavor bars, new grates, etc. I went all stainless this time. The flame coming out of the new burners is blue, and is very hot. I also put a new starter in, and the grill starts so nice and easy and the bar that connects the three burners transfered the flame from one burner to another. It reminded me of when I first bought it. The grill heated up to 500 in about 5 minutes...a night and day difference from before.

You might think I'm crazy for investing $160 in grill parts, after all some grills only cost $160 for the entire grill. I know that my Silver B is good for another 5 years at least, and I LOVE this grill. Who knows when they'll stop making parts for these grills?

Anyway, my advice to you is if you have a Weber gas grill that is more than 6 years old and you haven't replaced the burners yet, and you are experiencing any of the symptoms I described, don't hesitate to put in new burners. It's relatively easy, and it makes a huge difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Fast Shipping, May 17, 2008
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
I was very impressed how easy it was to install the new burners in my Weber Grill. I've had the grill for probably 10 years and decided to replace the burners, flavor bars and grates. All were reasonably priced on Amazon with fast shipping even using the free Super Saver Shipping. Getting the burners out would have been easier if I would have waited to get the new ones first before trying to figure out how to remove them myself. I made the removal much harder than it should have been and the instructions were great. With the replacement of the grates, flavor bars and burners it is like I have a new grill for about $100 total.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like New Again, March 23, 2009
R. Moreno (Santa Rosa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
Great! Burners were easy to install - Just follow the included directions. All you need is a Phillips Screwdriver. I also purchased a new push button ignitor at a later time. If you get the igniter with the burner set you will only have to remove the side control knob plate once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save the grill, June 28, 2011
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
I will manage to get another season or three out of my Weber by installing this Burner Tube set - installation was a little difficult, but once done the grill works great! Be aware that these burner tubes are bolted down in the grill - the bolt is typically very corroded and likely impossible to remove. Grinding or cutting it off helps remove the old tubes, then just lay the new tubes on the support. Once the cross-tube is installed and the three burner tubes attached to the fuel supply, they are sturdy enough not to need the corner bolts.
Quickie install instructions:
- think safety! Safety glasses, turn off gas, don't run with scissors!
- remove grills, burner guards
- remove bits and pieces of corroded tubes
- Unbolt (or grind/cut off) corners (left front and rear)
- pull tubes away from fuel valves, twist to get through opening (this can be a little difficult)
- take a moment to brush out burned crud in bottom of grill
- insert center tube, push firmly onto fuel supply tube (under knobs); orient with perforations up
- insert cross tube, perforations toward center of grill (right)
- insert front or rear tube, fit onto fuel tube then cross tube;perforations toward center - push firmly onto fuel tube
- put bolts back in place if removed, otherwise burner tubes should sit squarely on corners
- replace guards/grills
- fire that baby up!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Weber means quality, March 31, 2009
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
I am finally taking the time to replace the original set of burners on a grill that I purchased 7 years ago. The previous grill I owned did not even last 5.

The burners I am replacing are lightly rusted and still produce a nice flame but more yellow is appearing now than before even after a good cleaning so it is time for a replacement though I could wait to replace them for a few more years. Unlike other brands which claim to have stainless burners that will disintegrate within a matter of 2-3 years Weber makes there burners from a high grade stainless that will easily last for a decade before needing replacement. Take it from me that these are fantastic as I live in a high humidity environment where cheaper grills will rust within just a couple of years.

These burners produce a quality flame that puts out a nice even heat. These are easy to light.

Simple thing to remember, if you are buying a grill buy a Weber. Weber is the highest name in grills, their customer service is fantastic, and you can always find replacement parts (even small parts that are no longer used on current models and have not been used for several years). No other brand comes close to the quality, customer service, and availability of old parts as Weber.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, September 24, 2012
C. M. Fussell (manheim, pa, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
Easy to install and works perfectly. Renovated my 2001 silver genesis with burners and ignition switch. Everything worked perfectly and I saved the cost of a new Weber. I'm a 67 yr old woman so if I can do it.....!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Having a Brand New Grill on My Patio, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
Pros: Light weight; easy to install, somewhat

Cons: None

Bottom-Line: Brought new life to my aging Weber

I own a 10-year Weber Genesis Silver that I love, however the burner tubes were starting to rust, and clog; this despite the fact that I cover the grill at all times when not using it. I was going to purchase a brand new grill, but daunted by price I decided to rebuild the one I already owned, so I purchased the "Weber 7508 Stainless Steel Replacement Burner Tube Set" along with the Weber 7527 Stainless Steel Replacement Cooking Grates (see separate review).

I had read that one has to virtually take the grill apart in order to install the replacement Tube Set, and that is not far from the truth. Plan on spending at least an hour taking apart the current tube set along with the right hand side of the grill. Once I removed the tube set, the new "Weber 7508 Stainless Steel Replacement Burner Tube Set" slid in place without issue.

Once I has re-assembled the grill and tested for leak, I fired her up and grilled two racks of ribs; the grill worked flawlessly and it was like having a brand new grill. First thing I noticed: the grill heated up much quicker than before and together with the Weber 7527 Stainless Steel Replacement Cooking Grates, heat is more evenly distributed; no more cold spots!

The "Weber 7508 Stainless Steel Replacement Burner Tube Set" get a big thumbs up from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
I asked my husband to install this, but he looked at the 2 sets of instructions that were in the box and said it was very complicated and he would have to do it later. I waited until he scurried off to the golf course, used the shorter instructions (which were very clear), and installed it in 12 minutes with just a screwdriver to loosen the old tubes. I had already replaced the flavorizer bars, so now the grill runs almost like new and is cooking evenly again. I am very happy with this.

3.0 out of 5 stars 1 year review, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
I bought this product a little over a year ago to replace the original burners for my Gensis Silver B. The problem is the fuel rail connecting the burners has already corroded to the point where it can no longer carry the flame to the 2nd and 3rd burners. Not sure what it's made of but it's not the same quality as burners themselves. I'll be contacting Weber to complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars weber is american made and the best grill made, September 1, 2012
This review is from: Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set (Lawn & Patio)
if your grill is not over 10 years old weber will replace these burners for free i did not know that and went a year with flames flaring up and burning food so when i checked it had been 14 months but still worth the money replacing the burners for a perfect cookout that you dont have to stand over to make sure your meat doesnt catch on fire...great amercian make product

Weber 7508 Stainless-Steel Burner Tube Set