Weber 7516 Grill Out Handle Light
|Price:||$24.31 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$3.68 (13%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Grill handle light for barbecuing at night from Weber
- Turns on and off manually or with tilt sensor activation
- LED bulbs illuminate for up to 10,000 hours; 3 separately purchased AAA batteries power for up to 20 hours
- Resists heat and moisture damage with glass-reinforced nylon construction
- Mounting hardware provided; light accommodates circular and round handle styles only
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There is a plastic cap on the side that holds the three batteries inside. This little cap turns and twists in place. The contacts for the batteries are located on the other side of this cap. When the cap is properly twisted in place, it will make good contact with the batteries and the light will work. However; the cap tends to somehow work itself loose if you don't have it fully tightened. When this happens, the light won't work. You will then have to go back and twist tighten that cap again and the light will work fine. Ever since I figured out that this was the problem, I have never experienced a single problem with this light and I have had two of them on my grill for years.
There have also been complaints about the light not turning completely off when the lid is closed in the down position. People have complained that when the lid is closed, the light still remains on the least little bit. The light isn't supposed to turn off completely when the lid is closed, it is only supposed to dim. This is so you can find the handle in the dark as you approach the grill. If you want to turn it off completely, you're suppose to use the on/off switch on the front of the light box. Henceforth, this is not a design defect or flaw, but was intentionally designed this way for a specific reason.
As for the light not being bright enough?Read more ›
It will light up the entire grill with a natural colored light. The light does not distort color. This is very nice for checking how well done the food is.
I highly recommend this to light.
As far as the position switch working, mine works fine - every time and guests think it is VERY cool. I find myself putting off cooking until after dark because this thing is a fun little accessory! It also has a great big soft switch to turn it off and on - ya can't miss the switch. It is true that when the lid is down, the LEDS glow ever so dimly by reflected light so that one can see the light switch is still in the on position. I think that is a very handy feature and has saved me battery life - too bad some didn't "get it".
The light pattern is square like the grill box so it illuminates the grates much like a museum portrait light only illuminates the painting. Another very nice design feature. As far as replacing batteries, turn the round battery cover one quarter turn (righty tighty, lefty loosey), take out the old batteries and put in the new ones. If you need help with that you had better not be around hot grills or sharp objects.
All in all, this is much better than the generic gooseneck grill light I used to use. Also, I expect this new light to last forever just like other Weber products I have owned.
1) It just barely has enough light for a three burner Weber 320. For $25 I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the thing to light up my grill clearly. I can see why so many people here have installed two of them on their grills but then that's $50 just for flashlights! Weber should have at least two more LED's on this puppy so one unit is enough even if that means $10 more on the price.
2) The instructions are horrid. I am usually very good with cryptic instructions but it took quite a bit of fooling around for me to determine that I needed to ignore what the instructions appeared to say and use brackets A1 and A2 to mount on my Weber 320.
3) If you don't turn off the light it says in semi-on mode until your battery dies. Stupid plan. When the lid is down it should go all the way off, and when the lid is up it should turn on; it shouldn't even have a power button for water to get inside. I think the semi-on mode is so you can find it in the dark, but I still say it is a bad design. That or they should have added a small LED on the front to let you easily see when it is powered on from a distance.
All that said, once installed it does work okay and it looks good. The auto on/off when you move the lid is a nice touch and the way it mounts it stays out of the way when the lid is closed so you can put a cover on your grill without an issue.
The minimal light is my major gripe and if you have a grill with 4 or more burners you may as well just buy two of these from the get go as I may even end up buying a second one with my three burner grill...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This item arrived defective and doesn't fit. I would like to exchange for a better one but the return window has been closed for 9 days. Can an exception be made?Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Did not receice what was pictured received older model. Will return.Published 4 days ago by Jery Zuko
Nice the have a light at night..turns off and on on its own which is nice, a must havePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
I grill in the winter so it gets dark early and this light is helpful when making dinner on the patio!Published 7 days ago by S. Sims