Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Weber 7519 Gas Grill Rotisserie
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on November 26, 2014
I received my rotisserie kit last week. Based upon other reviews with bad motors I decided to test it out before anything else. Low and behold the motor was DOA.
I called Weber and after only 5 minutes on the phone they had a tested replacement in the mail via overnight FedEx. Installation was very easy on the grill.
I used my rotisserie for the first time today on a 6.5 lb chicken. I've never trussed or put a chicken on a spit before. YouTube had some helpful videos to guide me through it.
After about 2 1/2 hours I had the most juicy chicken I've ever eaten. The chicken came off the spit fairly easily. The spit and forks were a bit tricky to clean by hand as I don't believe they're dishwasher safe. I soaked the forks in hot, soapy water for about 20 minutes and used an old baby bottle brush to clean the nooks and crannies.
I would have given this more than 5 stars on the ease of use, customer service and quality of the chicken. I only gave 4 stars because of the broken motor and difficulty cleaning.
If you buy this please make sure to plug in the motor and test it before you unpack the rest of the box. If you get a bad motor, don't worry - just give Weber a call and they'll quickly remedy the issue. I'm glad I waited to buy a chicken until after I was sure I had a working motor.
One more thing, some sites suggested using only one burner on low indirect heat. I needed to use both outside burners on medium to keep the temp about 325° on my genesis.
review image review image
on November 14, 2009
I purchased the 7519 rotisserie unit for my Weber Genesis E-310. I've cooked quite a few chickens, pork loin roasts, etc using this the 7519. Everything has been extremely moist and tasty. Consequently, I noticed we are using the rotisserie unit than grill stuff on the Genesis. It does seem to be able to support quite a bit of weight, I've cooked 2 chickens on the grill using this unit.

The only problems is that the spit gets really hot. Make sure to use a heavy pot holder. And for those clean freaks, you won't get the rotisserie forks to get that brand spanking new look. There will be a crust forming in the nooks and crannies after a couple of uses. The other thing I've noticed is the inner chamber and the inside part of the lid get dirtier from using the rotisserie, I am suppose as the meat turns, there is a bit more splatter.
on October 29, 2014
Kind of tricky to use the first time, but well worth it. The hardest part for me was learning how to truss a chicken. Trussing is when you tie the chicken up with butchers twine, so it wont flop all over the place when it's spinning on the rotisserie. There is literature available and 'How To' video's on YouTube, but it's not as easy as it looks! I still need more practice for sure. And in case you don't get a book, put a shallow tray underneath your chicken to catch the grease. Trust me you want to use one! And make sure the meat does not hit the pan and move it. I just pushed the sides down to allow for more coverage underneath.

Rotisserie cooking gives you some excellent results, the chicken is tender and moist. You can cook other things beside chicken, only your imagination limits you. In the book I bought, the author gives you instruction how to cook all meats. Such as rib eye roast, turkey, pork.

As I mentioned, there is a really good book out there, the one I bought was Rotisserie Grilling by Mike Vrobel. This book is available as a kindle or paperback. Just a note, the Kindle version has color photo's and the paperback is black and white. This book really helped me out a lot. Not even the Weber cookbook gives you much information on rotisserie cooking. Another good paperback book is How To Grill by Steven Raichlen, this is a very extensive book on grilling including rotisserie cooking. Both books are excellent.

I'm looking forward to many dinners on the spit, you cant help but be captivated by this method of cooking.
on June 24, 2010
Rotisserie works as advertised. I prefer the old design with the wooden handle on the end. The wood didn't get hot but you need a hot pad to get this rotisserie off the grill. Other than that....good.
on April 12, 2010
Recently purchased this Rotisserie to go with my new Weber Genesis E-320 natural gas grill. It was very easy to attach and to set up for use. I have made two attempts to cook with the Rotisserie. After emailing Weber, I learned that the motor could handle 20lbs so I decided to try a 14lb turkey that I had left over from Thanksgiving.

First, I had a lot of trouble trussing such a large bird properly. I had never trussed anything before so perhaps this was not the place to start. No matter how well trussed, however, the bird continually made contact with the thin drip pan I had in place. I had to remove it from the Rotisserie and put it in the oven to finish cooking.

For my next attempt, I got a smaller chicken like the ones most grocery stores sell for cheap. This one was much easier to truss and it worked great. I think I cooked it a bit too long and didn't use any sort of marinade (just some olive oil and salt and pepper), but it was still good and enjoyed by everyone in the family. (Just one tip, remove the cooking grates BEFORE pre-heating the grill. Those things are not fun to move when they are at 600 degrees.)

In short, I wish there was another inch between the spit and the flavorizer bars, but other than that physical limitation (more of a grill limitation than an issue with the Rotisserie, I guess, but as both are Weber products, it does kind of fit this review), the motor worked flawlessly with both attempts.
on December 18, 2012
I have used in now several times, along with my smoker box (7575). I will never eat dull chicken or Turkey again (as long as I am cooking)! Works great. Forks are easy to use and remove (remember to use an apple to keep the chicken or turkey from sliding while cooking). Motor struggled with the 16lbs Turkey, but pulled through like a champ (any bigger would not have fit on the grill anyway... burner clearance). Power cord does not reach without an extension cord.
Pros: Good Price; easy to use; Forks fit and stay put; Easy install
Cons: Cord a bit short; Motor struggles with 16lbs turkey.
on June 11, 2011
Weber's rotisserie for the Genesis grill is okay but would say several things - that were a problem the first time I tried it. It fits low to the grates so you need to take the grates off before using. Second, it isn't weighted on the end that fits into the motor - so you are better moving the food off center towards the motor end i.e. if you are only grilling one chicken instead of two. Burnt my first chicken - second came out great.
on April 9, 2013
I used this rotiserie for the first time on Thanksgiving '12. I did a 10 lb turkey. Sure the grates had to be removed and I also removed a flavorizor bar but it worked like a charm.

For all of you complaining about the handle, you must not have the Genesis 320 or 330. These models have a side burner on them. If you had a wood handle or if it was rotated the other way around, the motor or wood handle would be hanging out over the side burner making it impossible to open the lid on the burner nor use it since the motor or handle would be cooked over it.

This is the best way to have the handle. I used it as a counterballance when putting meat on it. Now, if you did not spring for the side burner, I can understand your complaint but understand that this product was made for more than one Weber grill and this solved the problem best.

Any other arrangement would not permit Genesis grills with a side burner from having a rotiserie.

Motor appears to be strong and did not bog down while turning the turkey.

My only complaint is I wish I had more room between the rotiserie and the grates so I can cook more items of a larger size but then again, this is a smaller grill and a larger grill would be better, BTU and size wise.

Very happy with the unit. Have cooked several chickens with it and all turned out great.
on March 24, 2011
If you a have a Weber, you cant cheaper out on the rotisserie! It has a great little handle to hold the spit with and two food spears with set screws to hold the meat anywhere on the spit you want it. The motor switch has a plastic cover/protector to keep dust or water from getting in it as well. The motor rack is Stainless steel. It is very quiet as well. I have made several leg of lamb with this and they turn out perfect after 2 hours on low heat with 2 burners on my new Genesis.

My only complaint is the power cord is a tad short. Luckily, i have an a plug in right by where my grill is so its not an issue for me. But it does make storage easy as well.
on June 18, 2013
Tynes are far apart so you have to have a big chunk to impale; cornish game hens do not fit, even a five lbs chicken is hard to fully catch on these tynes.