Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Size: 20.6"L x 11"W x 4"H|Change
Price:$89.99+ $10.11 shipping

on March 18, 2009
I have the Weber Genesis grill Weber 3741001 Genesis E-310 Propane Gas Grill, Black and wanted a smoker. I had a generic smoker box and it sits on top of the flavor bars and never got very hot so very little smoke. The Weber Smoker puts the wood chips directly on the flavor bars getting them hot very fast and producing a lot of smoke. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is they say to clean the ash out after each use but much of it tends to fall into the bottom of the grill due to the large openings of the bars. I still highly recommend this product.
on March 22, 2011
This smoke box will not work with the burner redesign of the genesis for 2011. This new design has the burners oriented perpendicular with the front of the grill instead of horizontally as in years prior. You will have use a small aluminum pan with your chips and water directly on the flavorizor bars on the left or right burner for smoking until Weber redesigns this part.
55 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2011
This works extremely well for any of the Genesis 310/320 grills that have the knobs on the tray. It will not work on any of the models that have the knobs on the front. The difference is the earlier models have burners that run side-to-side and the new models have burners that go front-to-back. My Genesis came with stainless steel grates so this is a perfect match. I keep the other grate for parties when I need maximum cooking area. But 90% of the time this replacement grate and smoker box stay on the grill. I no longer bother soaking chips since it makes no difference at all in flavor or time. Just toss them in the box a couple minutes before the meat goes on.
on June 21, 2009
Unit sits directly on the flavor bars so it heats up fast and creates very good smoke. I did have a couple of flare ups but that was easily handled with some water.

Pros:
- Good fit, works well as designed.
- Gets hot fast and creates good smoke.
- Looks like it will last.

Cons:
- The grill it comes with is a steel grill that replaces your left grill panel. I would give it 5 stars if it would have come with a matching grill for the Genesis. Grill is good quality so it's not really an issue.
- Be careful when placing the chips in the box, if you get them behind the door, the door will not close. Easily taken care of with tongs.
77 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2009
I purchased a Genesis E-310 Propane Gas Grill in June 2008 and have been looking for a way to add wood smoke flavor when cooking chicken or pork steaks. I saw this smoker advertised last year but wasn't sure if I was willing to take a chance and purchase it until I read some reviews about it. Based on the above reviews I went ahead and bought it and have been extremely pleased with how well it works. It fits perfectly on the grill and creates a lot of smoke flavor. I highly recommend it!
on September 17, 2009
The smoker works pretty well. If you soak your wood chips, you need to start the grill, get it hot, and let the chips sit in the smoker for a while before you will get lots of smoke. Once smoking, it works great. The only problem with the smoker is that after you are done grilling and want to empty the chips out, it is messy due to the holes at the bottom of the smoker where it contacts the grill flavorizer bars.
on May 11, 2009
This smoker works excellent and was so easy to install. Vendor sent it out immediately. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to upgrade there weber to a smoker without spending another $1000 for a grill with a preinstalled smoker.
on June 29, 2015
Smoked some ribs on my Weber Genesis yesterday for the first time. This is a quality product, which I've grown to expect from Weber. It fits on the grill like it was made on it. There are a few things I've learned that will help me. Since you smoke at such a low temp, I had to turn two of the three burners off to keep it that low, I found that the wood chips only burned up over the working burner. So smoke is slow to start and I know to pile it up on there instead of spreading the chips out over the whole length of the smoker.

The higher end Weber's have a dedicated Smoker burner which I'm sure it better. If I knew this, I would have bought one of those instead, but since my grill is 4 years old, and still works like new, I'm not about to replace it just because of that.

This smoker produces a LOT of smoke, and the ribs had a nice flavor, and I can't wait to smoke again!
on January 4, 2015
Great accessory for the Genesis 300 gas grill. The older model with the gas control valves on the right. I used the Weber wood chips. The key is to soak some overnight for a nice slow lasting burn. I placed them inside the smoker in a limp formation in the middle as for the burners/flavor bar creating indirect heat. They burned for a good hour with some still left unburned. The smoker gave off a nice slow steady smoke...perfect flavor. I am sure if I wanted a stronger smoke, I could add more wood chips to the smoker or just stirred up the burning chips. The possibilities are endless for using it and with different types of wood for that special flavoring.

Easy to check the burning of the wood chips and to add extra if needed. Just be careful not drop a chip in the hinge area...or you will have to push it out to close the lid.
on February 25, 2014
I have the iron grill so the stainless steel grill included here looks funny. Also the stainless grill does not maintain the heat as well as the iron ones.

For the smoke, it is okay, but you need to keep the grill pretty hot to keep the wood chips smoking, so it is not too usefull if you want to cook at low heat ( less than 300 deg ). If you want to cook with indirect heat, then a large portion of the smoker will not be useful since there will be no heat to keep the wood burning.