Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Size: 20.6" L x 11" W x 4"HChange

on April 29, 2012
I've read other reviews for the brothers and cousins of this smoker. One concern was the holes at the bottom - they are not too small if you use the proper wood chips. This smoker is in my opinion pretty large and can hold large `chunks' and should hold enough wood chips to get the job done. What is great about this smoker is it is not under the grates making refilling a daunting chore should you need to refill it. It is also not a separate box that sits on the grates away from the heat requiring a hotter flame. So for slow cooking ribs or similar slow cooking food, its design and placement are terrific.
I would like the box itself to be a little heaver gauge metal
As far as other reviews about what smoker for what grill - Weber's website is not the most user friendly place I've been at and feel I had to spend a bit more time there figuring out what smoker would work for my grill than needed. I have a `new' E-330 - I chose cast iron grates so my smoker is the 7575. If you have a `new' Genesis with stainless steel grates you need the 7563 smoker. Lastly if you have an older model with the controls on the side you'll need the 7541 - which is the stainless steel grate - I did not see the model number for cast iron grates on the old model but then again I was not looking for that smoker - good luck.
One last comment / hint. Some reviewers expressed concern over the holes at the bottom - I think they are fine. However my preferred method of burning the chips is to make `cartridges' of chips. Roll up the appropriate amount of chips in heavy duty aluminum foil. Pierce with a knife and soak it. This eliminates the concern of one reviewer stating chips get in the way of closing the smoker cover at the hinge - true it could happen but if one is a little carful it won't or if you use my method - virtually impossible. Changing the chips is easy and cleanup is pretty much nonexistent because ashes do not fall through and into the grill bottom.
Lastly, smoke always improves whatever you are cooking - buy it
33 comments55 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2013
I have a very nice Weber natural gas grille. I love the fact that it can cook at high temperatures and that its nice, heavy lid retains heat like an oven. However, I missed charcoal because I missed the smokey flavor profile. I was going to buy a smoker, and when I looked at the smoker that I probably would have bought (the large Green Egg), I realized that I was about to spend another $1,000+ on a second grilling device.

When I saw this product, I felt that it was worth a shot. For $80, I couldn't believe that this product could turn my Weber BBQ into a smoker. It just seemed impossible. But, because Amazon has the greatest return policy on Earth, it was certainly worth a shot. This product blows me away. First, it comes with a smaller, replacement grate for half of the Weber grille grades that you have to get rid of (the smoker box has to go somewhere). The quality is high, just as you would expect from a Weber product.

The first time I used this box, I smoked a rack of ribs with a dry rub. Because the grill itself is so fantastic, I was able to get the temperature to a constant 250-275 degrees. So I put the ribs in there and let them sit for 5 hours. I put some hickory chips the smoker box after having soaked them in water for 20 minutes. About 1 hour later I saw a very good amount of smoke billowing out. The aroma was perfect. Don't over smoke your food. You don't have to go and replace the wood in the burner box every time the smoke stops. You can overdo it, and when you do the food is not eatable.

The only reason I did not give this product 5 stars is because the smoker box lid gets stuck too often because there is a little area that pieces of wood can get into when you're putting wood in the box. When there are shards stuck in there, the smoker box will not close or open properly. Because the grille is hot, you have to try and use tools to get the wood out to un-jam the box. It's a hassle, but it's a hassle that saved me about $1000.
11 comment14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
I've cooked with charcoal for years, but circumstances led me to switch to gas a couple of years ago (Weber E310). It has taken awhile to learn how to get the good flavor I was used to from my old kettle, but I'm getting there. Since buying the new grill I've tried a number of smoker boxes, but none have really been satisfactory. Most of them sit on the burner units, but they are a huge hassle if you need to add more chips in the middle of your cooking.

The 7575 smoker is considerably more convenient to use. It sits to the side of the cooking surface (you lose 2-3 inches of grill space), and has a flip-up like that gives you pretty good access for adding chips any time. I'm still experimenting with getting the smoke right, but so far this has let me come closer to the results I want. I've found that I don't want to over-soak the chips because if you do it takes a long time for the smoke to begin.

What I think I want is wood that is something between the thin chips, made for gas grills, and the big chunks I used to use with charcoal. The thin chips don't start smoking until they've nearly dried out, then they smoke a little while and quickly turn to ash. I have a sharp hatchet, though, so I think I'm going to try splitting the chunks down to half-inch or inch pieces by whatever length the original chunk is. I'll get this gas cooking down eventually.
on August 24, 2013
Love this smoker attachment. It takes about 30 minutes with the burner on high to get the smoke flowing, and then it will put out good smoke for another 30 minutes with a full load of chips. For more than 30 minutes of smoking time you will need to reload the box and get it going again. The materials are first rate. I've only had it about a month, but it looks like it will last for a very long time.
on October 20, 2013
If you wanted to add some excitement to grillin with your gas BBQ, then this is a perfect add on. I can easily add wood chips to the smoker box. or even charcoal briquettes to give that type of flavor to the meat. Works well and really does not take up much room.
on September 17, 2014
This thing works but it is pretty hard to use. It does take some time to figure out wood chips/chunks and temperature. The holes in the bottom of the box are a little too big for wood chips that you can buy in a store. If you soak the chips and fill them into the smoker they will take a while to dry out and then catch on fire. There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground between on fire and wet. So you need to get larger wood chunks or pallets as someone wrote here. They take longer to burn up. The problem is, the box is not very big so you have to make your own custom chunks with a hatchet that are small enough to fit into the box but bigger than chips.

Another trick, that I have not tried yet, is to wrap the bottom grate in the smoker box with foil so the chips don't get exposed to the gas flames directly. Not sure if that works but it sounds reasonable to me.

You can also add some char coal for the flavor. If you do you can pretty much use the gas burner just as a starter as the coal will generate a lot of heat.
on July 21, 2013
OK so you bought a Weber and you are now considering this for you BBQ, I was in that position but read the reviews and spoke to Weber themselves so that being said, this is one fantastic product, Well designed for your Weber and very easy to use and clean. Soak your chips ,load the box and in no-time your food will have the flavor of those chips.

I will admit that the unit is a little on the pricey side but taking into consideration the cost of lesser units and the quality of this one,well worth the investment. Mostly the flavor of your food will say it all once you have used it.

Hey you splurged on a Weber,this is worth the extra cost for ease and convenience.
on August 12, 2013
There are no instructions which tell you how the loose plate with holes is to be placed in the smoker. It doesn't sit evenly on the burners and it tilts. There is no water trough as in the old model which was discontinued. If the burner is set on low, the chips will not ignite and smoke but then flame up towards the end of the cooking.
on July 15, 2015
I've only used it twice - or attempted to anyway. First time I ran myself out of gas before I could start cooking. Total rookie mistake.
Second time I followed all directions and couldn't get the chips to smolder inside the box so they ended up catching on fire. It provided a lot of nice smoke, but made it nearly impossible to control the heat. I did soak the chips for about 5 hours before I placed them in the grill, and I initially put the burner underneath them on low-medium, but after an hour or more they weren't smoking. I turned the heat up to about 3/4 and came back 10 minutes later and they were all on fire so I added some more chips that had been soaking for 6 hours at that point and turned the heat down to half, but it didn't do anything but burn those chips as well. I'm sure all i did was dry up what moisture the chips had absorbed when I had them on low and then turning the heat up just caused them to combust. My fault, I know.

I'm not a big fan of the removable bottom on the smoker box either though. I'm not sure why it's made this way as I would think a heavier bottom would work better to make the wood smolder without catching fire, and I'm not so sure if the holes on the bottom hurt or help either. I think next time I'm going to wrap the bottom up in some heavy duty foil and see how that works out for me.

The grill plate that comes with this is GREAT though. I like the design of it MUCH better than the standard grill plates that came with the grill. The cross support beams are UNDERNEATH the raised triangular vertical bars so you can actually get a nice pretty sear mark on a good size cut of meat w/out having it rest on a surface that is tiered like you have to with the stock grill surfaces (or turn the grills over and get 1/3" thick flat grill lines - either way I would prefer the horizontal support be on the bottom side).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2015
I really like this product from Weber, but even though I am giving it 5 stars you should know its limitations. First, if you are adding this to your Weber grill, you have to understand that you still don't have a smoker. What this does is, it gives you the opportunity to add smoke flavor and this works for some foods.

First - it's important to get the wood chips smoking before you add your food. This mean you have to have the element turned up to high that is next to the smoke to get things going. Once the wood is smoking, add your food and close the grill cover, replacing wood chips as they burn out.
Second - this is the limitation; even on the lowest setting my grill's minimum temperature is still above 300 degrees, even in the shade. So, using this to smoke a brisket or ribs for hours is not possible. This is not the fault of this smoker but rather the combination of using it in a tradition grill.

The build quality is very good but as others have notes, some wood chips can get stuck in the small crevice of the lid when it is opened, making it difficult to close until you remove them.

Conclusion: for true smoking this won't fit the bill but for some foods it can help add a great smoky flavor.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse