5.0 out of 5 stars wow, all I can say is wow, February 10, 2012
Karen (Beautiful Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weber Genesis EP-330 Grill - Black - 6631301 - Natural Gas (Kitchen)
My husband has had weber grills since way before I met him. He started gas grilling with an old RED genesis. Anyone remember the red ones? with the teak sideboards? He still used that one till last year. But his 2002 genesis "C" was in need of a new set of burners. It had a hot spot in there, that makes it interesting to grill stuff. So we looked at this one. We found it locally for $849. No shipping, and the tax is less than the cost of shipping by far. He specifically wanted the "EP" series, which is only available through a Premier dealership. The Premier models have stainless grills, and flavorizor bars. You can't get them at Home Depot, or Lowe's. They have told me they can, but thier catalogs don't have the premier pages in them. The catalogs actually are different for a premier dealership. Trust me, I have been looking for a long time.
I bought it locally, and got free assembly. That is a major deal too. They would have delivered to too, but we have a truck, and it is only around the corner.

Okay, this thing gets hot. I mean really hot. It was well over 700 degrees in just a few minutes. The sear station is just another burner. Right between two regular burners. However, it is a slightly smaller BTU burner. Why? I don't know. But it does work great. The three inch rib eye steak was perfectly seared (grill marks are for more than just looks people). The Beer can chicken was a lot easier to move to a cooler area in this grill than the '02 model, because of the burners orientation of N-S instead of E-W. So we (he) can get it started, and move it aside, to get another one going. Believe me, this thing is BAD @$$. But, look locally to see if there is a premier dealership, before you look online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, April 18, 2013
Natural gas is what sets this one apart from all the lp users. Cheap and convenient to use. We use it almost as frequently as our kitchen range.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's Weber and there's everything else, April 21, 2012
I bought this EP-330 in black from a local store, like previous reviews have stated, the price points for Weber products are tightly controlled (the margins are plus/minus $50) meaning you won't find this grill for $600, period. Although I love Amazon and buy everything I can here, I wanted the grill already assembled and thus I used a brick and mortar store to facilitate that process. This Grill is amazing, there's really nothing to think about, just buy it (unless you need additional real estate in that case buy a larger Weber) The heat it generates will surprise you, the sizzling station works, if you want to put some serious grill marks on a porterhouse, rib eye or NY Strip, trust me you can. I have a built in charcoal/wood burning brick and stone grill in my yard and although nothing can really match the flavor and temperature level of that type of grilling, this grill is most certainly the next best thing. Buy the cover or make the store you buy the grill from give it to you for free (I did), I also got the Weber Apron, Glove and grilling tools, all very reasonably priced. The Apron is Cool, it comes with a built in beer opener and completely matches the color of the black and silver grill :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural Gas Grill is the way to go, July 29, 2013
So happy with our Weber Genesis Natural Gas Grill. It would be nice if it came in other colors, but that's Weber's doing not Amazon's. Natural Gas is so handy, and cleaner than messing with refilling propane tanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grill, June 30, 2013
Purchased this from Ace Hardware at lower price than posted on Amazon Purchase included free setup and delivery. I also bought the rotisserie attachment. In the few weeks I've had this grill I've made burgers, steaks, rotisserie chicken, and lots of roasted vegetables. Everything has come out as I hoped.

This is an excellent grill that is even better than the very good Vermont Castings one it replaced after 8 years of use. The EP300 heats up very quickly and the temperature is easy to control. I wasn't sure that the searing bar (really just another burner) would matter, but it does. It allows you to sear meat very quickly. I then turn that burner off, lower the heat on the remaining burners and cook food the right temperature. The side burner works very well and is handy for making sauces, keeping liquids warm, or boiling water while using the rest of the grill.

The grill seems very solid and uses high quality materials. The stainless steel grate is already losing its luster with use, but that was to be expected given the very high heat generated by the burners. They are, however, easy to keep clean and oil. I much prefer them to the enameled cast iron grate of my previous grill.

The only minor deficiency is built in propane tank gauge is a good idea, but it's not really particularly accurate, but it does give a general indication of how much gas remains.

Lastly, it looks great!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't see myself ever buying another grill, February 11, 2012
My dad, who is on his third Weber, told me he had finally hit the jackpot with the Genesis EP-330. I decided to save up and buy myself one. I bought from a locally owned dealership here in Texas, paid $869 plus $125 for delivery and set up to my natural gas line. I used it that same night on steaks, eager to try out the sear station. 1.5 minutes on each side plus another 2 minutes each side on medium heat and I had perfectly done NY striploins.

the next night we grilled pizza, made from scratch. I LOVE my Weber, it is as simple and reliable as you can get. I am glad I go the EP series and not the "E" which is available at Lowes, we went in and checked them out today, definitely a cheaper model. I intend this to be the last grill I ever buy and I think I have found it. A definite 5 star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trying Once More, April 9, 2012
Careful Buyer (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
We had natural gas extended to the rear patio years ago when our house was built. Whatever grill it was that I bought then went belly up within 3 years. I capped the gas line and gave up outdoor grilling. But all our friends and neighbors have gas grills, many of them Webers, and it finally got pretty lame serving them oven food and hibachi kebabs while they served glorious grilled salmon and steaks. At long last I set out on the obligatory tour of Home Depot and Lowe's, among others, and also browsed the internet. So many brands, so many features: Infrared, led lights, reverse osmosis -- who's to know what's best? But at least to price comparison shop for Webers is straightforward in the sense that, like Apple and Carmax, prices are pretty much standardized for the model you want. Sites offering "Up to 40% off" on outdoor grills ain't talking about Webers. Anyway, whatever the grill selected, it had to be already assembled. I don't need the aggravation anymore. That meant going local, so I picked a nearby back yard specialty store for a natural gas EP-330. Some color other than black porcelain would have been nice, but that would have meant going with an LP tank. In the end I had finally closed my mind to all those wonderful looking, feature-laden grills costing only $300, $500, $700 and shelled out $869, plus $49 for an "official" Weber cover, plus tax. But that net $991.21 did include a professionally assembled unit, delivered and set in a place of honor on my patio (that is, next to the gas outlet). The store did also throw in a generic cover that I will use as a beater when things "shut down" in the rainy season and the patio is rarely visited. But when it's grillin'season, the "official" cover goes on (when the grill's not in use, of course). It has a big "Weber" emblazoned on the front so guests don't think I'm hiding some funky cheapo under wraps. I have been re-learnng the joys of grilling for a couple of weeks now. I can report that I have no reason to naysay what all of the reviews about the Genesis Webers say here and elsewhere in the internet. Now I just hope all my friends and neighbors don't start buying Ferraris.

ARRAY(0xa422e63c)