Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on June 15, 2011
Prior to this I was an avid Kaspersky user. Recently I had noticed some odd things on my computer. After running a scan with Kaspersky (which was supposed to be protecting me real time) a trojan was found. I let Kas. take care of it and thought nothing more about it.

It was coming up for renewal, so I searched reviews on PCMag and other places. The Webroot was rated very well compared with Kaspersky. The price at Amazon was too good to beat, so I took the plunge. After installing and running through the update, I ran the first scan. It found several cookies and another trojan that Kaspersky failed to protect me from.

I have noticed that the Webroot Security Essentials blocks alot of suspicious javascript and css files when visiting red district websites. I would highly recommend this over Kaspersky. The interface is seamless and pretty well hands off unless you want to tweak the settings. I decided to let the program handle the recommended settings and I feel much safer than I did with my old antivirus software.
on April 22, 2011
I have used Webroot's spyware program for years and always found it to be top notch and reasonably priced. As Comcast Cable subscribers we have access to free AV software which was originally Mcafee until they switched to Norton a while back. Both did their job fairly well and except for one instance where something was able to slip through, I found them to be adequate for my needs. Lately, I started to experience some lock-ups and sluggishness while on the net and after doing all of the typical diagnostic procedures I realized that the Norton AV was running a little more "heavier" in the background than I would like, and though this was being done for my benefit, was causing me problems in day to day use. As I said, I always found Webroot SpySweeper to be a great product and decided to take a look into their AV offerings. After learning that they do not produce their own AV program, I checked out the company who they collaborate with and found them to be a big player in the commercial AV field with their software being used by many large corporations. I also checked them out on the sites of the organizations who do professional AV testing and found them to always be at the top or near the top in every test. That pretty much sealed the deal for me and gave me the confidence that the AV component of the suite was able to meet the challenge. So far I have not been disappointed, I have found that the program runs extremely "quieter" than my previous AV programs and the lock-ups and sluggishness have pretty much disappeared. The interface is easy to use and the program does a great job in both blocking and alerting you about suspicious sites. I also like the fact that when doing a search on Google a check mark is placed next to all of the sites that the software considers safe. All in all a very good product at a very reasonable cost. I paid about $21. bucks for the three user version which is less than $7. bucks a machine for an extremely competent program. Free you say!! My feelings on this are that if I go out and invest hundreds of dollars in a decent laptop or desktop, I would have to be pretty much either a fool, or one cheap SOB not to invest another $7.00 to protect that machine from those who are trying to render it useless. One more thing, it is not recommended that you run 2 competing AV programs at once, so if you purchase this one be sure to uninstall your current AV program.
on December 15, 2010
I'm generally pleased with WISE since it does not slow my computer down. The only complaints I have is that WISE'S antivirus and spyware protection is slow to get switched on after my computer is turned on. Also, security scans take about an hour; I would prefer 30-40 minutes to do a scan. I would recommend Webroot to other computer users.
on April 11, 2011
I've had WR for 3 years now. It has intercepted every virus/trojan that I've inconviniently gotten my computer exposed to. It even wipes out spyware and adware that gets on the system when you go to internet pages. Even when the virus is taking down my computer, Webroot finds it, extracts it and deletes it and my computer is back to normal. I don't know how many times I have thanked my Webroot for it's services! I'm buying it every year.
on February 13, 2013
I bought this product for two reasons. The first and main reason was for Window Washer. I had it on a previous computer and it was great for cleaning up my computer and speeding up things and the second was the great reviews. What am I missing here? I downloaded it and it has gummed up my computer so bad it is slowerer than before and I keep getting popups trying to sell me upgrades that I can't get rid of unless I buy them and then the codes don't work after I make the purchase which make them useless. This all happened over the holidays and I didn't have time to mess with figuring it all out so I took it all off my computer to deal with later. I reloaded the software and still haven't figured it out so I contacted the company for a refund and am informed that it is too late to get all but 29.95 of my almost $130 it forced me into spending so in short I am SOL for almost $100. I am so happy for the rest of you but buyer beware if all you want is a simple solution to a problem. You may get a big, expensive problem. Hard lesson learned I guess.

Update 2/14/12. Since posting this review, my complaint to the company which resulted in a reply saying it was too late to get a refund has changed to them changing their mind and they have decided to refund all of the money I paid. I am quite happy about this. I am sorry the product didn't work and gave me so many problems but am glad I'm not out nearly $130. I appreciate their honesty.
on February 27, 2011
Enough have been written on Webroot's ability to detect harmful code and my experience seems to concur.

However, think twice before accepting Webroot's automatic renewal option. Thirty days before expiring, a large warning box opens on your screen. The only options are to "Renew Now" or "Learn More." Clicking on Renew Now leads to a screen where the price is almost double, what you would pay for the product on various on-line stores. There is no option to ignore the reminder and get rid of the warning box (short of dragging it mostly off the screen) while you explore your options. From "Learn More" you can opt out of the automatic renewal function, but certainly a long way around to getting the reminder off your screen.

Good software, tarnished by a strong-armed policy for renewal.
on April 8, 2011
I installed Essentials via the CD on a Gateway laptop with 4 gb of ram, an Intel Duo Core CPU (2ghz), with Windows 7 (32 bit). I've had it on the laptop for nearly a year now and have not encountered any unusual slowdowns or installation issues some of the other users have encountered. I have not received any viruses or malware (I do check with other software now and then just to make sure) since installing Essentials. I do not use the backup feature.

Pros: Works as promised. Has kept my system clean for nearly a year. No slowdowns.
Cons: It costs money. There may be free programs out there, but I was willing to pay $35 for software that actually works.
on May 9, 2012
I have been using Webroot for several years and when I ordered this I didn't realize it was a 2011 version, and so I couldn't use it as I needed a 2012 version. The seller was very gracious in letting me send it back.
on February 8, 2011
I used to like webroot back in their very early days when spysweeper was their main product and it worked well. After so many years the quality has dropped off dramatically in their products. The firewall is a joke and has hardly any usable controls. The scanner was a huge resource hog even more so then other products on the market. I thought that the "eraser" would act like webroots other standalone window washer product, I was wrong and their is not a way to change how many times it overwrites data. I am disappointed with this product, if you have someone in your family who finds using different products to manage their security difficult this may be a solution for you. However, for anyone who is used to having separate software applications that handles your firewall, privacy, and data protection needs you should probably stick to that.

I would not recommend this product nor will I buy another webroot product.
on October 18, 2012
I got this due to some reviews out there. I wanted something small to install and would not disrupt communication while having it turned on. For a 10MB install it has a lot of bang for the buck really.

See 1 answered question