4.0 out of 5 stars not what I needed
I found I needed a much more "basic" Spanish/English dictionary for use on my mission trip so did not use this one, but am keeping it for future reference. I probably needed a pocket one, nut did not want super small print. Next time I will find out more specific information of my needs before ordering.
Published 19 months ago by Denise L.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressive
I purchased this dictionary to assist in my beginners Spanish course and surprisingly many basic words were not included in these pages.
Quite often, words that were included were misleading in explanation as well. Luckily, I have a language translation application on my phone which helped more often than this book ever could.
Published on October 26, 2010 by Jake

3.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressive, October 26, 2010
Jake (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars An Okay Quick-List, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary (Paperback)
As a Spanish teacher, this dictionary is mediocre (but fitting to the price). You aren't going to get much, but for those who want a quick list of words, this is just fine. Most words only give 1 or 2 translations... Ex.) "to move = mudar, mover". No explanation is given as to specific meanings of each, however. (mudar = to move to a new place/house) Another problem is that the dictionary does not indicate whether each noun is masculine or feminine, so this would be a problem for beginning level students since they aren't strong on patterns corresponding to gender.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, February 25, 2014
This review is from: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary (Paperback)
I had my principal find me some money to buy a classroom set. There are so many basic words that are not in there. My students use apps to find more words. Problem is that not all of my students have smart phones. Find a $5 dictionary that offers more.

4.0 out of 5 stars not what I needed, August 7, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for Juv., May 3, 2014
This review is from: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary (Paperback)
This was given to a special facilities for both the teacher and student to use. Nice size and easy to read and understand. Would recommend it for a beginner of the Spanish language. I believe if a student used this often while taking a course in the Spanish Language he/she would gain more understanding .

5.0 out of 5 stars This dictionary is the best!, October 28, 2013
This review is from: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary (Paperback)
This dictionary helps me with all my Spanish homework, so I don't have to use the internet's translator. Plus, those translators are sometimes not accurate, so when I use them for Spanish homework, my teacher takes off points for the ones that are wrong.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eng.-Sp. Dictionary, February 9, 2012
Naomi Hubbard (DES MOINES, IA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary (Paperback)
I don't know where they got some of their information. Several of the words don't match those I know to be correct. There are lots of common words that I need that are not in this book. Words are easy to find and book was in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic is Good, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary (Paperback)
I bought this dictionary to complement the spanish learning system I bought. I use it more now to look up words that come to my mind that I would like find in Spanish. Pretty straight forward and easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little dictionary, October 18, 2014
This review is from: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary (Paperback)
Great little dictionary.. it's a good dictionary to carry with you. I prefer a larger hardback for home use with pictures if l e warning a new language...

2.0 out of 5 stars Woefully limited vocab list, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary (Paperback)
I suppose this is one of those instances where you get what you pay for. I started learning Spanish a few months ago, and bought this dictionary when I embarked upon my first full length book in Spanish -- a translation of the first Harry Potter. Being so new to the language, I knew I would encounter the occasional word with which I was unfamiliar and wanted a fast, easy, cheap dictionary I could keep right beside me while I read. I tried using an app on my iPad, but it kept going into sleep mode, so an old-fashioned dictionary seemed like a better option. I thought this would fit the bill, but it does not contain at least 60% of the words I try to look up in it. Remember, it's not a translation of War and Peace I'm trying to read! It never occurred to me that any dictionary, even the cheapest one, would be so inadequate as to be lacking the vocabulary of a book written for 12 year olds.

Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary
Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary by American Education Publishing (Paperback - August 1, 2000)
$1.99