Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on August 7, 2013
As a Spanish teacher, this dictionary is mediocre (but fitting to the price). You aren't going to get much, but for those who want a quick list of words, this is just fine. Most words only give 1 or 2 translations... Ex.) "to move = mudar, mover". No explanation is given as to specific meanings of each, however. (mudar = to move to a new place/house) Another problem is that the dictionary does not indicate whether each noun is masculine or feminine, so this would be a problem for beginning level students since they aren't strong on patterns corresponding to gender.
on October 26, 2010
I purchased this dictionary to assist in my beginners Spanish course and surprisingly many basic words were not included in these pages.
Quite often, words that were included were misleading in explanation as well. Luckily, I have a language translation application on my phone which helped more often than this book ever could.
on February 25, 2014
I had my principal find me some money to buy a classroom set. There are so many basic words that are not in there. My students use apps to find more words. Problem is that not all of my students have smart phones. Find a $5 dictionary that offers more.
on April 10, 2016
This book I give a Dunce Hat to the writer. they have the word graveyard,but not funeral.They have the word rape, but not the word stranger, they don't have the word court, they have the word verdict but not the word guilty. they don't have the word suspect. they have holidays but they don't have easter. they don't have forensics, they don't have advance or retreat, they don't have spy, they don't have attorney, or autumn, orassistant, or ballif,or found, or frozen,or freezing, or full moom, or glasses, or happiness, or gun, or heard, or heartbeat, or haunt, or headboard, or homeless, or ice cream, or icy, or inventor, or jewish, or barefoot, or bathroom, or bedroom, or blood pressure, or pocketbook, or briefcase, or breaking and entering, or consistently, or coward, or coprit, or computer, or computer operator, or Christmas tree, or Christ, or cruise ship, or lease, or living room or lightning, or loan, or license, or lock, or lottery, or lover, or linguist, they have machete and machine gun, they don't have teddy bear, no missing, no motion, no moonlight, no nightstand, no other definition for news, no decective, no dying, no dolphin, or discriminate, or other defiant.for doll, or dove, or dryer, or enter, or everywhere, or eyelash, or eyebrow, or feet, or other defin,for fish, no fishing boat, or flamingo, no forever,no foggy,no strong,no nomad,no northerner, no not guilty, no nurse, no owner, no ownership, no pillow, no rain storm, no receptionist, no rooster, no room, no replay, no reporter, no replica, no robbery, no rob, no run, no row boat, no rug, no roof, no scared,no seashell, no seahorse, no sleeping, no soft, and many many more, I would like a refund. Cynthia Lynn Reyes 8 Green SpringLane Fairview NC
on August 7, 2013
I found I needed a much more "basic" Spanish/English dictionary for use on my mission trip so did not use this one, but am keeping it for future reference. I probably needed a pocket one, nut did not want super small print. Next time I will find out more specific information of my needs before ordering.
on March 12, 2016
I started volunteering for an ESL class and found that they were sorely lacking an English/Spanish Dictionary. The classes were predominantly Hispanic. These dictionaries are simple, large print, easy to carry around and cost about the same as rummaging through thrift stores. They were greeted with enthusiasm and the students still use them from their beginners class onto intermediate, to refer to.
on November 22, 2013
I bought this dictionary to complement the spanish learning system I bought. I use it more now to look up words that come to my mind that I would like find in Spanish. Pretty straight forward and easy to use.
on September 26, 2015
Very handy! Pretty good, though a small number of translations do not match common usage, they are still correct. Very easy to go back and forth, the first half of the dictionary is Spanish to English words and the second half is English to Spanish, making it very useful.
on August 10, 2015
My son's school requires Spanish instruction that goes along with the reading/writing curriculum. Since he's only going into 2nd grade I didn't feel the need to buy him an expensive dictionary. This one is cheap, basic, and small enough for him to carry in his backpack with all his other things.
on June 4, 2014
This is purely a dictionary; for phrases one would have to go to one of the "Spanish for Dummies" books, or something of that nature. However, This book has just about every word you would need in the Spanish language.

I use it quite frequently in communicating with people in Austin, and it has been extremely helpful to me. I do intend to eventually study Spanish at the local Community College; however, in the meantime, this book does facilitate my communication with non-English speaking people.

Recommend this for anyone interested in learning Spanish as an adjunct to other books!