Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on August 7, 2013
As a Spanish teacher, this dictionary is mediocre (but fitting to the price). You aren't going to get much, but for those who want a quick list of words, this is just fine. Most words only give 1 or 2 translations... Ex.) "to move = mudar, mover". No explanation is given as to specific meanings of each, however. (mudar = to move to a new place/house) Another problem is that the dictionary does not indicate whether each noun is masculine or feminine, so this would be a problem for beginning level students since they aren't strong on patterns corresponding to gender.
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2010
I purchased this dictionary to assist in my beginners Spanish course and surprisingly many basic words were not included in these pages.
Quite often, words that were included were misleading in explanation as well. Luckily, I have a language translation application on my phone which helped more often than this book ever could.
11 comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2014
I had my principal find me some money to buy a classroom set. There are so many basic words that are not in there. My students use apps to find more words. Problem is that not all of my students have smart phones. Find a $5 dictionary that offers more.
on November 9, 2015
This has got to be one of the most God-awful purchases I've made as a teacher.

This dictionary doesn't even have the verb IR! It only has ir(se). There are a few verbs like that. It doesn't have hacer, but hacer(se). It is missing LL words, so no lluvia, llorar, ni nada!

So many common words are given uncommon meanings.
La bota = wine bag (means boot too)
Cámara = room, chamber (camera is the most common meaning! recámara means room in modern American Spanish)

There are more examples.
Suffice to say, I cannot use this dictionary in my class without giving students words or having to look up every word myself.

Can't stand this dictionary.
on November 23, 2013
Bought this for my 12yr old for spanish class. Its been very helpful in aiding him in completing his assignments.
on August 7, 2013
I found I needed a much more "basic" Spanish/English dictionary for use on my mission trip so did not use this one, but am keeping it for future reference. I probably needed a pocket one, nut did not want super small print. Next time I will find out more specific information of my needs before ordering.
on October 28, 2013
This dictionary helps me with all my Spanish homework, so I don't have to use the internet's translator. Plus, those translators are sometimes not accurate, so when I use them for Spanish homework, my teacher takes off points for the ones that are wrong.
on February 9, 2012
I don't know where they got some of their information. Several of the words don't match those I know to be correct. There are lots of common words that I need that are not in this book. Words are easy to find and book was in good condition.
on November 22, 2013
I bought this dictionary to complement the spanish learning system I bought. I use it more now to look up words that come to my mind that I would like find in Spanish. Pretty straight forward and easy to use.
on July 10, 2014
This is a waste of money because it has so few words in it. I bought it with Rosetta Stone Spanish, but it's far easier to find words online than to look in here. Common words aren't even listed.