Most helpful critical review
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Easy to read, but lackluster content.
on April 2, 2012
I ordered this dictionary for my son who is in the fifth grade.
1. Large print is easy to read
2. Less words per page makes finding the one you're searching for easier
1. One of my son's spelling words was not in this dictionary (e.g. polyhedron)
2. The definitions are very short and not what I'd expect from "Webster's"
3. The description does not specify that the definitions will be so short
I will have to order my son the collegiate edition of Webster's Dictionary because this one fails to provide a long enough definition and does not contain all of the words a fifth grader will need to look up for school. This dictionary is a waste of money if your purchase is for a STUDENT of any age. It is best suited for someone who is unfamiliar with "spell check." I do not recommend.