Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Webster's New World Large Print Dictionary
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on April 23, 2008
This dictionary is exactly what I needed... more complete than many of the 20,000 - word "large print" being offered today, yet very affordable. It is hard-backed; a real "use it for years" reference book. It is printed on a much better grade of paper than the bargain models (the ones that feel a bit like fine sandpaper to the touch). You can lay this book down open to any page and it stays open! This volume is a bit too much of a load to carry around with you. But if you are looking for a good desk-reference dictionary, or one for home use to check spelling or proper useage, and you require larger print; I believe this will suit your purposes.

It's also a great mental exercise once in awhile to use a dictionary rather than just a spell-check.
on February 23, 2006
unlike the webster's other large print dictionary with 3000 entries, this 6000 word dictionary is great with multip[le definitions.
on October 16, 2008
This book is big and heavy. The description does not describe that. It describes the large print but not the extremely large size of the book. It is hard to pick up. Impossible for a young child or older person to handle. More importantly, a number of words are missing. I would not recommend it at all.
on December 20, 2010
I purchased this dictionary for my husband he really likes how well and clear the definitions are written. We love it and it is easy to read with our aging eyes, it is a little heavy but placed on your desk or table for easy access should not pose a problem. Definitely not for caring around in a back pack but a beautiful addition to our home and yours as well.
on February 21, 2009
My teens have low vision and have been doing their homework with the help of lighted magnifiers. This dictionary has cut the time to search for vocabulary words by at least 2/3. I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier. It's a great reference also as all of the words they look up have been listed. I would definitely purchase this again.
on November 17, 2014
I did not do my homework on this purchase. This dictionary contains 60,000 entries, which sounds like a lot, but any serious reader will require at least twice that. However, for general use by light readers with poor eyesight it is a good purchase.
The large font is a pleasure and the book is well made. It does not have alphabetic page tabs.
on January 3, 2014
This wasn't a cheap investment, but have used it almost every day. Its big, but once you find it a 'home', you will use it. The large print makes it a pleasure to use. I date everything, so when I look up a word, I jot the date next to it. I use colored ink, so when I'm flipping through the book it refreshes my memory of any word I've looked up previously.
on September 17, 2008
This is a fabulous dictionary for school, office, or home use. The large print is helpful for finding words and definitions. The size is large but not heavy in weight. There are most words commonly used found in conversation and literature. A great buy!
on August 17, 2015
I purchased this large dictionary for homeschooling my 6th grader. Just so you know, the book is heavy. Its not too heavy, as in lifting weights at the gym (sarcasm), but heavy enough that it would be cumbersome to pick up if you have arthritis. Therefore, if you dislike lifting heavy books, don't buy this dictionary. If, on the other hand, you don't mind a little heaviness, then you may like this book. The print is so incredibly easy to read, which is why I purchased it. The font is nice and large, and the print is perfectly dark black, the way I like it. It's user-friendly for kids, and makes words easy to find. My 6th grader was easily able to navigate through this dictionary without difficulty and locate words quickly. Yes, I would recommend this dictionary.
on October 4, 2014
Was surprised this book was so big and heavy. Guess it needs to be for large print of over 60,000 entries. So far I'm enjoying the "right to the point" definitions. I would recommend this for a large print dictionary to anyone. I know lots of people don't use dictionaries anymore when they have computers but for those who like a dictionary, it's a great buy.