Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wedding Crashers (R-Rated Widescreen Edition)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on November 12, 2005
There were other funny movies this year and this summer. Both "Batman Begins" and "Serenity" were extremely funny and well written in their own witty manners. "Wedding Crashers," however, was written to be a comedy, and I have to say that it takes funny to an entirely new level. Both Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson have been hilarious before, but the roles they nab in this flick seem to say they were born to star in this movie.

"Wedding Crashers" is that rare movie that combines the comedic excellence of the cast with a very strong, intelligent, hilarious script, and directing that executes the necessary direction flawlessly. Too often lately, I feel as though movie studios have shyed away from "R" rated comedies for many reasons. The "R" rating of course threatens who will actually see a movie, so I understand why studios often create "R" rated movies with caution. What I do not understand, however, is why, until "Wedding Crashers," intelligent, witty, adult-oriented "R" rated comedies seemed to have fallen completely off the radar. For the past 5 years or so, any comedy with an "R" rating (or often a PG-13 rating for that matter) had the rating because of disgusting, gross-out gags that forced laughs because of awkwardness and shock value. "Wedding Crashers" was a sigh of relief because it forced nothing. There were no unnecessary bodily function gags, there were no horribly moronically stupid characters. The movie worked because for the most part, everything seems believable. The characters come off as very real people in an improbable, but still possible situation, and interwined with a "cooky" love story, the comedy works really really well.

I cannot say enough about this film. I was laughing so hard the first 3 times I saw it that tears were streaming down my face. Time #4 I had to restrain myself so I could actually hear the punchlines to the jokes so I couldn't tear-up too much. This movie is great. The characters are great. They are funny, they are sweet, but somehow, they are real. And that is why this movie was so successful. We all have either been, or could see ourselves being Owen and Vince, and they were great. So were Isla and Rachel and Christopher and everyone really. This movie is awesome!
on August 8, 2005
John (Owen Wilson) & Jeremy (Vince Vaughn) are best buds. They've known each other for 17 years, work together, and in there spare time crash wedding parties; where they drink like sailors, mingle with unsuspecting relatives, and hit on single and willing brides maids every chance they get. They have a whole science to their crashing ( rules and all), and have become quite adept at the sport.

That all changes when they attend a wedding held by Secretary Cleary (Christopher Walken), whose daughter is getting hitched. During the lavish formal affair, Jeremy makes headway with Cleary's physcopath daughter Gloria ( a hilarious Isla Fisher), while John slowly maneuvers his way into the life of the Secretary's other daughter Claire (Rachel McAdams), who just happens to have a steady bo' of her own.

Eventually, after all the formalities-- the two are privately invited back to the Secretary's estate, where they play touch football with the family, have formal dinners, sail out on the boat, & get hit on by the Secretary's sex starved wife (Jane Seymour) & his homosexual son Todd (Keir O'Donnell).

Its all very funny and silly- but the great chemistry by Wilson and Vaughn helps the film move at a steady pace. The supporting roles of McAdams and Fishler are nicely fleshed out as well. While no means a great movie, "The Wedding Crashers" is quite funny at times, and overall enjoyable.

Some people have called this a raunchy, gross-out comedy; although I noticed nothing of the sort. Besides the dialogue and a few breast shots, theres really nothing raunchy or gross-out about "Wedding Crashers" at all. It certainly wouldnt fall into the category of "Something About Mary" or the "American Pie" movies.

Vaughn and Wilson definitley shine throughout and appear to be having the time of their lives here....

Recommended.
0Comment|95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2013
Can I join Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as they crash weddings for their own gain? Or could Will Ferrell just teach me the rules of wedding crashing so I can go out and do it on my own? I'd certainly be up for an invitation for a weekend at Rachel McAdams's family compound. No matter what I'd get, I'd watch (and have done so) this film over and over again. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are living a dream of having fun without regard for the consequences (at least for a while) and viewers will soon be clammering to join them on their wild escapades. But what this duo truely manages to accomplish is to restrain their antics to the point where they don't become absolutely ubsird (just plain ubsird is reached and that's just fine) while making it look like they are making no such effort. I can't quite figure out whether to think of Christopher Walken as creepy, menacing, clueless, or what, and that's part of his charm in the film. Though they share few, if any, scenes, Jane Seymour nicely plays off this characterization to make herself the relentless cougar who has given up on any actual meaning to her marriage to Walken's character. Rachael McAdams shines in this film and you'll find yourself hoping for her and Wilson's characters to get together the moment he targets her for his (at the time) plans for a one-night-stand (in case you're concerned, those plans seem to go out the window with a cinderblock tied to them before the reception's over, so you can relax...there's already a desire for something more.) In my mind, Isla Fisher is forever type-cast in this role as McAdams's somewhat nutty and certainly manipulative sister (not a bad thing for this film but it might be a hinderence for future projects.) Bradley Cooper may be playing a stereotypical villainous jock-type boyfriend to McAdams who's more interested in himself than her or anyone else, but he plays it so well that you can't help but want him gone...and Owen Wilson takes us in that direction with an eyedropper. Ellen Albertini Dow (there's a mouthful) and Keir O'Donnell round out this nutty family as the foul-mouthed grandmother and artistic homosexual brother who develops feelings for Vince Vaughn. Is it just me or is Jenny Alden the only sane member of that family? Well, whether sane or insane, the family, Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, and the rest of the cast come together to make a movie that will leave you laughing and wanting to watch them again for more laughs. Enjoy.
on August 5, 2005
Wedding Crashers is the story of John (Owen Wilson) and Jeremy (Vince Vaughn), who work as arbitrators, mediating in difficult divorce cases. Each year these two lifelong best friends take the month of June off to infiltrate weddings of every description.

John and Jeremy are natural born shape-shifters, adapting to any circumstance. Armed only with vast quantities of bravado and an ethnically appropriate back-story, these guys are in search of an endless party and beautiful women. As a woman, I felt I should probably be offended on behalf of my sex at their "let's get in, seduce a lot of women and get out" mentality. However, they are so likeable and their tactics are so over-the-top and so shamelessly manipulative, you just can't help laughing. They are also the life of any party. Dancing with the flower girls, tying balloon animals for the kids and schmoozing with the elderly guests, they are also the first ones up for a vigorous hora or polka, pulling the more reticent guests up with them as they go.

As the wedding season closes out, John starts to lose some of his enthusiasm for the enterprise. These "one afternoon stands" are a bit like only eating dessert - it might sound really good on paper but it will leave you feeling pretty lousy after a while. He's also beginning to feel that they are a little too old to be doing this sort of thing. Jeremy soon convinces John to crash just one more wedding - the wedding of the daughter of U.S. Treasury Secretary, William Cleary (Christopher Walken).

Posing as venture capital high-rollers, John and Jeremy sneak past the Secret Service. John is immediately attracted to Claire (Rachel McAdams), one of the bride's sisters. Saving her from an embarrassingly dismal wedding toast, the two immediately click, but bad timing in the arrival of Sack (Bradley Cooper), Claire's ivy league, horse's rump of a boyfriend, prevent them from getting better acquainted.

Jeremy meanwhile more than meets his match in the form of the bride's other sister, Gloria (the delightfully demented Isla Fisher). After closing the deal (ahem) with Gloria, Jeremy finds himself unable to shake her off. Jeremy describes her to John as "completely off the reservation" and he's not wrong. She is the poster child for clingy and inappropriate behavior. It is interesting to see the 6'5" Vaughn equally attracted to and afraid of this tiny woman.

Jeremy is able to wangle a weekend invitation to the Cleary estate for John to spend more time with the woman of his dreams. The Cleary Clan are one strange bunch: a racist elderly matriarch, Grandma Mary Cleary (Ellen Albertini Dow), Secretary Cleary's sexually inappropriate wife, Kathleen (Jane Seymour), and his wound-way-too-tight artistic son, Todd (Keir O'Donnell).

John and Jeremy survive a game of homicidal touch football and one of the more wildly loony dinner parties ever put on film. You have to admire Jeremy. He is ready to leave almost immediately and endures the brunt of the Cleary Clan's unwholesome attention, but he hangs in there for his friend. After suffering a series of late night, unwelcome and increasingly abusive visits from the various deranged Cleary family members, Vaughn's hyper-verbal panic attacks are some of the funniest scenes in the movie.

Others have covered in great detail the lowbrow nature of the comedy. It is very politically incorrect. It may have you rolling your eyes or even groaning at times. (I suppose I am not that easily offended.) I didn't expect too much going in and was very pleasantly surprised. I found it to be a good natured, high octane romp. If you are willing to adjust your expectations accordingly, you may as well. Vaughn and Owens have a great chemistry. Vaughn's manic energy is a perfect counter to Owens' more laidback, wry style.

Will John be able to woo Claire away from Sack? Has Jeremy found the perfect woman in Gloria? Will they be exposed as the totally lying horndogs they are? (I don't want to spoil the movie for you.) I give it a solid 4-1/2 stars. It loses half a point for a slightly weak and tacked on feeling to the ending. I've never had this much fun at a wedding, and I didn't even have to buy a present.
on May 1, 2016
Funny all the way through, I love Christopher Walken, Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell. I just can't get past how freakin awful Owen Wilson's nose looks. They try so hard to shade it, makeup, angles you name it. Nothing can stop my eyes from stairing at his weird penis shaped nose. It's just awful. Takes away from the whole movie
on August 7, 2015
I've seen this hilarious movie several times. I love the interaction between Vince Vaughan and Owen Wilson. Their facial expressions are so subtle and funny. Some parts are crass, but the humor over rides it. I generally don't like slapstick, but I did here.
on March 8, 2006
This movie had me laughing till my stomach was aching and I still couldn't stop. I thought this was just going to be one of your ordinary production line comedies they turn out these days from Hollywood. The situations that Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn get into are pretty outrageous. Ultimately the film takes a curious twist toward the bizarre. As the film establishes these two guys, they crash weddings with their incredibly witty and irresistible charm and have women literally falling into to bead with them. The film begins to enter the realm of the surreal once our two protagonists end up with Christopher Walken and his family and entourage who are just very strange people and that is where the film goes wild. You never know what is going to happen next and that's what makes this film so hilarious and also very witty. I found this movie very amusing and downright funny. I haven't laughed like this in years. To give too much of the plot away would ruin this film's impact. I think the general public has overlooked this film to an extent. The trailer for this film was totally misleading. I went in to see this movie reluctantly but came out laughing all the way home.

This video is outstanding. The numerous scenes of these two womanizers with women in various stages of nudity are incredibly erotic. However, this just sets you up for more unexpected and flat out outrageous scenes. The film gets your natural instincts up to fever pitch and then the floor drops out from under you. The entire cast is perfect and you still never really know what's around the bend in this well scripted romp. Particularly, Vince Vaughn shows an incredible depth of talent I never knew he had. He just about steals this film away in a very subtle way that you just have to see. If you like outrageous humor and want unexpected laughs I highly recommend this film.
on March 1, 2015
What is there to say... If you've never seen it and have an open mind to what the directors view points are, and aren't afraid to say
it's good... then watch it! Post this... I am against Jews and Isreals supporters but not this group of Only Good Jewish-Hollywood actors... hopefully-they are not the same!
on October 13, 2014
Only the first 30 minutes are worth watching because they're actually very funny and about wedding crashing. The story gets soooo boring once they get to the house. I recommend watching it up until the end of the shout montage then saving your time doing other things like watching paint dry, counting the grains of rice in a box, tightening the screws on your table, clearing out bookmarked websites you no longer frequent, etc...
on November 29, 2013
I did not really get a lot out of this movie. A few laughs with very little effort (either by me or apparently its creators and actors). Thinking back? I do not regret watching it, particularly commercial and fee free (thanks Amazon Prime!), but I am sure I would not watch it again. If you like the two main actors do it! If you like sappy simple love stories do it. If you yourself make a practice of crashing weddings - do people do such things? - do it. If you're like me and have any interest in this movie but cannot imagine paying for it (and you have Amazon Prime) do it. Otherwise, it was just okay to me.