5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and engaging
Published on September 15, 2012 by J. Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars SWEET.
Published 5 months ago by breelynne g.b.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and engaging, September 15, 2012
This review is from: The Wedding Wager (Colorado Billionaires Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I love books like this, with good character arcs that show the evolution of the characters in response to the events of the story and their interactions with each other. And I love books like this where you can meet characters you would actually want to know in the real world, people who feel like friends. The result is a story in which I became invested in the characters and cared about what ended up happening to them. I loved seeing the interesting approaches that Megan took to solving problems going on with Kevin's siblings that had previously stymied Kevin's parents. And I liked the way the complications in the plot served to alter the relationship between Kevin and Megan, pulling them rapidly out of the superficial levels of interaction that are common at the beginnings of relationships. so if you are looking for something interesting to while away an afternoon, I highly recommend this fun and heart-warming romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read!, September 22, 2012
I really enjoyed this book. It's a fun, light read with likeable characters and an interesting plot. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys romance novels, especially those ones that heavier on feelings and lighter on steaminess.

3.0 out of 5 stars SWEET., July 7, 2014
This was a sweet book. First couple of pages were slow-going for me, but the story picked up for me after that. And really, it's just difficult for me to understand what I feel are archaic traditions. Kevin must marry before his 25th birthday, or lose his inheritance of the family ranch. Enter Megan, sweet, moralistic, and laden with medical bills from a terrible car accident that left her financially broke. They meet through a want ad Kevin takes out, searching for a personal secretary (fake fiance) that Megan applies for & go from there. I liked all of the characters, including Kevin's somewhat difficult younger siblings. Their antics made me smile more than once. Kevin's father, (the villain) only succeeded in bringing Kevin & Megan closer together in the end. Personally, I could have used a little, shall we say, "heat". So, it's a sweet read sans heat. Either way though, I feel it was well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read, October 8, 2013
I really enjoyed this book, actually, I had a hard time putting it down. It flowed well and was fairly believable. The sex was not explicit and was not over done. A fun read. I'm going to get another of her books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, April 4, 2013
Pure escapism. Well written and edited. Improbable plot, but it drew me into its charm. I'm retired and graduate school is a dim memory. Am allowed to enjoy light reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Read, May 23, 2014
This book is really good and I enjoyed reading it. The storyline was easy to follow and the characters and story flowed well.

Kevin needed to get married and fast. His father was looking to sell off his mothers ranch that had been in her family forever. Kevin knew that if he didn't marry by his 25th birthday, his father would be in control of his, his 14yr old sister Karla and his 8yr old brother Keegan's inheritance. If this happened, his they would never see any of the money and he was concerned for his younger siblings. He needed to find a bride quick or all would be lost.

Megan was just released from the hospital with $40 to her name and no where to go. She had been there for 6 months after being in a serious car accident and now, she didn't know what she was going to do. After looking in the want ads, she finds an ad for a Gentleman's Personal Secretary. Lodging and Transportation included in a Generous Salary, must be willing to relocate. Megan thought that this job could be the answers to all of her problems until Kevin tells her that he needs her to be his wife so he could get his inheritance. She is hesitant but, eventually takes the job.

Kevin's father Douglas will stop at nothing to get his hands on the land and the money that belongs to his children and Kevin will never stop trying to fight his father for what rightfully belongs to him and his siblings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, September 21, 2012
Okay so this is my first review but I must say i really enjoyed reading this book. It's a typical love story in which you figure out the story on your own but a great read non the less. This book will have you smiling and laughing and almost made me tear up a bit at one point. I loved the main characters and especially the sister. I'm glad I picked this one up while it was free but definitely worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Reads like a Christian romance novel, August 28, 2014
There's zero heat or attraction between the leads, not a single sex scene and they say "I love you" out of nowhere. There's no build up, and barely any awareness of the other person as anything but a practical means to solve each of their problems...until they suddenly love each other. Completely boring.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just Okay, October 24, 2012
I really wanted to love this book. I just couldn't. It was okay, the characters were interesting but could have been much more. I felt that the book needed to have more content from when they met and the beginning to them (spoiler) saying we are in love and the end. It was so quick which made it even more unbelivable of a story. That said, it was an entertaining read but not something that I can rave about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marry a Stranger to Pay the Bills, June 16, 2014
What does one do after a five month stay in the hospital? Marry a man she's never met before who's pretending to be rich so that he can get rich to foil his father and help his vampire-wanna-be sister and his video game addicted brother, of course. Naturally it will be a marriage of love because it's got 5 days to bind them together and because they have so much in common; both have loud, overbearing fathers, though his is worse than hers.
Despite the convoluted plot, the story is good, due mostly to some of the unique characters, like the sister who surprises them at the airport in full vampire regalia. The people in this book are a unique mix of messed up to unredeemable. The humor in the way the main couple interacts is well written. This is a pleasant read.