Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Package Quantity: 1|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 28, 2007
I have used it several times now and it does what it says, I should mention that when you have air moving through it it acts a little like a jet engine so its not as easy to use as it would seem. Its not rocket science but it does take a bit of effort to hold it in place when you have all the extentions attached and trying to hold a blower AND trying to keep it from blowing itself off the roof :) I still would have bought it but I am wiser now, you need a break after using it.
UPDATE DECEMBER 2009: Just wanted to say I still use it and its still an armful when you get more than 2-3 of the pipes connected, BUT it still does the job I bought it to do and that is to clean out the gutters without me having to drag out a ladder and dance around on the roof. UPDATE Sept 2010: Still working great, I have learned a nasty lesson, if your gutter has been stopped up a bit and water is in the gutter, you can look like you have been attacked by a mud monster when it blows the water out of your gutter, I now wear goggles and yard clothes when I use it :) Lesson learned.
UPDATE 2011: If you purchase Weed Eater WEB160 7.5 amp 160 mph Electric Blower (available on Amazon). It is only $37 and it ALL fits perfectly and I will probably order another set now that it fits snugly so I can do my 2nd story gutters from the ground. I had been using it with a blower with turn-lock connections which would come off if I put too much pressure on the bend, problem is now solved and the $37 blower does the job great.
on December 19, 2007
I bought this gutter cleaning item several years ago and it was a lifesaver in our situation. Copper gutters on a lake house w/ LOTS trees - not an easy solution to keep gutters from clogging up but this item saved us a ton of money had we had to call in the professionals to clean our gutters multiple times per fall. We attached it to a small, 2 speed electric blower (round opening is a must.) If you have to get out a ladder to reach upper level gutters (which we don't)at least it is light weight and not too unwieldy. I am buying one today for our son. Make sure you check out the shape of opening on your blower.
on March 15, 2011
Tried the ladder and grab and found out
It was a dangerous pursuit, without a doubt
Wanted a gadget that worked with the greatest of ease
To clean the debris that dropped from my trees

Read other reviews about experiences had
Most thought these tubulars weren't too bad
Ordered them thinking perhaps this was it
Unfortunately, my ancient blower they didn't fit

So, bought a new one from the Eater of Weeds
Fit was perfect in the quickest of speeds
Flipped it on and, whoa, what a rush
Almost got knocked back on my tush

Got it under control with the nozzle in gutter
Flowed through the leaves like a knife through butter
Looked up and suddenly was so happy I had
Put on the goggles, or it might have been bad

Wore the old clothes and a sturdy ball cap
Cause this puppy kicks up a whole mess of crap
Thought I looked studly using this manly tool
My wife's hysterical laughter just wasn't cool

Easy to reach that first story height
But for the second, this wouldn't be right
Adding more tubes might make this thing seem
Like wrestling a python in a steroidal dream

One issue arose around corners and guards
Where leaf clogs and twigs, progress retards
Overall performs quite well, so this guy
Is convinced this was a rather smart buy
44 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2010
I had been cleaning my gutters by climbing onto my roof with my electric leaf blower. That worked well and quickly, but it was dangerous, especially at my age (70). The Weed Eater gutter cleaning attachment with Weed Eater electric blower is much safer, since I can do the job from the ground. However, it is a bit cumbersome to use, and it's impossible to see into the gutters from the ground, so it's difficult to know when the job is completely done. Also, the debris fell down on top of me. That was not a problem, since the gutters were dry when I tried the attachment for the first time. It will be another matter when the gutters are wet.

All in all, I'm glad I bought the product, despite the shortcomings. It's better than falling off the roof and breaking bones, or worse.
on September 20, 2004
This is in response to Mark Horton. Not sure how to get the comments to him. Maybe he will read this. I went to Lowes and they had my Model Toro Blower. They also have the Weedeater Blowers and the Gutter attachment sold separately. They had the gutter attachment pieces laying out on the display shelf and so I experimented in the store with how to hook it up to the Toro. It hooks up fine if you go to the area where they sell PVC pipe and look for a rubber 3" X 3" coupling with the metal screw clamps on each end. I brought it home, hooked it up directly to the straight lengths not using the lower elbow and adapters. I hooked it up directly to the Blower body and positioned the screw clamp on the underside where the Toro plastic safety and electric housing lines up. I connected the housing and then held it tightly in place with cord wrapped around and tied to the handle. But the rubber coupling holds the blower elements very firm and no way it will come loose if screws are tightened. Works great !!

Larry Raphael
99 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2010
I have gutters are around 20 ft high, but not too long (75ft of total linear length) and these tube extensions are good to remove the pine needles and leaves off it. There were 2 sets of these that I bought in order to reach the 20 ft of height from the ground. Initially, the tubes were looking very easy to handle but that story changed after fitting the blower. THe blower actually creates a lot of back pressure on the exit nozzle making the whole apparatus difficult to hold and move. But it can be done if you hold the tubes at an angle leaning towards the direction of the cleaning. Or if you have a helper to hold the blower while you navigate the tube then that should help. This case is only because my gutters are high and I have used two sets of tubes. The first time you use this apparatus, you are probably going to hate it. But relax, it is better than moving your ladder very 5 ft or better than you falling from the roof.

I was initially worried about my existing blower fitting the tube opening, so instead of doing a workaround, I just purchased a weed eater blower (Weed Eater WEB160 7.5 amp 160 mph Electric Blower, available on Amazon, light weight, but only one speed) for around $37 and it fit like a snap. OR you can purchase the WEB150 blower for $29 in Walmart. The air speed of this blower is of the right force and it wont blow away the attachments due to excessive pressure by the other 200mph+ gas blowers.

Considering the amount of money I spend for cleaning my gutters ($80 x twice a year) this tool is very useful and I can clean my gutters as often as it clogs up. Try to clean the gutters a day before it rains and NOT when it is raining or when the leaves are wet.
review image review image review image review image
on December 7, 2010
My gutters were so full of leaves, I live in the mountains, that I didnt know how I was going to clean them. I did not want to get on a ladder at my age (70 years old) to clean them. I bought this from Amazon at a good price and then found out that it only works with a Weed Eater blower. I had three other brand blowers that didnt fit the attachment on this device. Off to Walmart I went and bought a correct Weed Eater blower for $24.95. I attached the guttler cleaner - all the pieces were necessary to reach the front of the house gutter. I turned on the blower and commenced to discharge the leaves in the gutter. NOt only did all the leaves get blown out at hurricane force winds but so did all the water in the gutters. Needles to say I got soaked but I kept going once into the job. It took about fifteen minutes and the front gutter was clean. The back house gutter took even less since I now knew to to hold the thing. It is somewhat top heavy and I had to hold on to the tubes themselves and not the blower. The wind force causes a jet effect and you have to hold the tubes really tight to keep it in the groove. All in all, I didnt have to climb a ladder like my neighber did. It took him two days to clean his gutters, it took me less that a hald an hour to do mine - albeit I was soaked. They give you eye protection with the Gutter Cleaner and I am really glad I used it. The construction is sound and not flimsy. They tube sections can be added to increase the length if needed. I expect to be using this for many fall seasons in the future.
on April 7, 2007
Challenging to assemble and attach to blower the first time; many extra parts for differenct models of blowers.

Once together it did the job. Pretty cumbersome with just two tubes hooked up. Can't imagine what it would be like to handle with all the tubes installed.
on December 14, 2006
I ordered this thing because it said it fits all blowers. DO NOT BELIEVE IT. If the opening coming directly out of the blower is not circular, then it will not fit. My Toro electric has an ovoid opening, and none of the attachments or adapters fit. Again, it will ONLY work on a circular exit blower.

What's worse, the seller has a 15% restock fee. This is a big loser for us. It cost us about $20 just to find out it won't work.
66 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2015
Here is how I modified the GA2010 to fit the Toro model 51599 made in 2010:

Purchase a 3 in. x 3 in. PVC DWV Mechanical Flexible Coupling
Example from Amazon:

Purchase a 3 1/4 inch Steel Hose Clamp
Example from Amazon:

Cut off the smooth larger end of the Pivot tube and attach it to the end of the elbow (where it would normally attach). Attach this end to the Toro blower with the 3 in. x 3 in. PVC DWV Mechanical Flexible Coupling

Cut 2 apposing slits on the end of the pivot tube where the smooth end was cut off. Attach this end to the other side of the elbow and secure with a 3 1/4 inch Steel Hose Clamp. Assemble the rest of the tubes to the other end of the pivot tube.

See the attached pictures..

Hope this helps the Toro users.