on July 16, 2011
How comfortable is this trailer? My five-year-old daughter, who isn't fully off of training wheels and never felt safe on a traditional trail-a-bike, went on a two-day 204 mile ride from Seattle to Portland on the Weehoo just weeks after we bought it. My two-year-old fits and has pedaled on it without any of the stability concerns my five-year-old had on traditional trail-a-bikes. The ride is amazingly stable, the thick mountain bike wheel and recumbent seat make bumps "fun", and the handlebar-free design leaves kids' hands free to grab drinks or to play on a mobile phone during breaks from pedaling.

There are lots of nice little features that show a lot of thought has been put into the design. There are two cupholders, and the second comes in handy for snacks or electronics. The built-in panniers are well designed and quite handy, though it takes some learning to get back there during a ride while balancing everything. Metal tubes cover the chain so that your child's legs or clothes won't get hurt or greasy from rubbing up against it. The pedals have straps to hold your kids' feet so that they can use the pull stroke in addition to the push stroke. The seatbelt is secure and easy to put on.

There are some downsides. At 35 pounds, the Weehoo is much heavier than most trail-a-bikes and even most adult bikes. Transporting it by car can be a challenge because it doesn't fit easily on many bicycle carriers, though it will fit on carriers that support bikes from the bottom (the Yakima hold-up works perfectly) and it can be crammed into most cars width-wise. It doesn't have multiple gears, though the single gear is fairly low so kids can help on the uphills when the rider in front most needs the help. The rear tires use schrader valves, whereas most road bikes use presta valves, so be sure to have a pump that supports the schrader valves (and a spare tube!). Fortunately, since it uses a thick mountain-bike tire, you're much more likely to get a flat in your road bike than your Weehoo.
on April 22, 2013
I agree with many of the positive reviews, and my kids have a great time when we get moving, but here are a few things that I think need improvement:

(1) My biggest issue is that attaching the Weehoo to my bike and getting my child secure is a VERY awkward process. It's a long, heavy device with 1 wheel, so it wants to flop over and take my bike with it. Once attached I can stand in the middle, prop up my bike and the weehoo with my hip and secure my son, but the process is awkward. We then get to the park and this fun process starts all over again as I look for a place to lean my bike and try to get my son out of the weehoo. Adding some sort of kickstand to the weehoo or giving it 2 wheels instead of 1 would help this quite a bit. But perhaps I'm not doing it right - it would be helpful if the company website had videos of people attaching the weehoo and putting a child in the seat.

(2) The pedals do not move on their own when the weehoo moves forward (unless the child pedals), but when you back it up the pedals must move backwards on their own. This seems harmless, but I was not aware of this movement and when I backed it up in my driveway the backward movement of the pedal injured my son's foot. It was not a serious injury, but please take extra care when backing up with the weehoo. I would suggest the company fix this by allowing the pedal to stay in place when it moved backward.

(3) The 3-point harness should be more secure on small children. It's fine for my 5 year old, but does not feel tight enough on my 3 year old.

(4) I don't really feel any difference when my son pedals, do other owners notice a difference?

(5) Heavier children make it feel less stable. My 3 year old feels totally fine, but it feels less stable with my 5 year old - his movements can cause my bike to "jerk" to the side. It would be great to hear from parents of 7 or 8 year olds on how they feel about stability. I wonder if attaching it to a lower part of the bicycle would add some stability.

But, my kids love it, and it's a lot of fun to go on rides with them, but with a few small changes it could be even better.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
After about four weeks with the Weehoo, we LOVE LOVE LOVE it! We have a 4-year-old, tall daughter, who has outgrown a Burley-type trailer (we have a double Burley and use it for our 2-year-old), and the Weehoo is absolutely the best way to keep biking with her. Here's what we love about it:

- Safe & stable. The Weehoo is super strong (somewhat heavy, but the stability is worth it), and we feel 100% safe with our daughter in it. We've ridden both on family-friendly trails, as well as along busy roads (in the SF Bay Area, as well as around Lake Tahoe), and it is solid as a rock. We like that the children are strapped in with a 3-point harness, and the feet are velcroed to the pedals. Both our daughter and her cousin have even fallen asleep while riding- a clear plus on longer rides, where a traditional trail-a-bike would not work at all with tired children.
- FUN! Both our daughter, and her 4-year-old cousin can't get enough of riding in the Weehoo. We just finished a 13-mile one-way ride today, with each child taking one leg, and both thoroughly enjoyed it. The kids can pedal and feel part of the action. They can talk with us. They can look around, and really enjoy riding, not just being pulled in a trailer.
- Great age range. We haven't had our 2-year-old in the Weehoo yet - but it won't be long (he's asking for it already) - and because the seat adjusts forward and back by so much, the Weehoo will still do good duty even when the kids are several years older.

We've gotten numerous questions about the Weehoo, especially this week on vacation. It's a concept that just makes so much sense - a great transition from the safe, but passive Burley-type trailer, to a ride-along that still provides much more safety and comfort for long rides than a traditional trail-a-bike.

Our German relatives who are visiting and have tried out the Weehoo for their child are just now investigating how to buy one for their family once they get back to Germany - and we're already discussing a second one, so we can take both kids along on longer rides.
on March 31, 2013
Review of Weehoo Igo Pedal Trailer

We bought the Weehoo Igo when our daughter was 3 and she had outgrown the Hamax Siesta child seat, and looked to use it to take our daughter too and from the nursery as well as weekend rides.

So far it's worked reasonable well for both tasks, though it took some time for the little one to get used to being "lower down" and not being able to see as much, she quickly fell in love with it and enjoys every time we go out.

The nursery commute is about 1 mile, and the longest we've gone on is about 40km's in one day.

The reason for choosing the weehoo over a trailer was due to the fact that it is "in-line" with the rest of the bike, and I don't have to worry about it's footprint being wider than my bike, as well as the fact that the weehoo allows the child to get involved.

The reason for choosing the weehoo over a trailer bike, was largely down to the fact that at the time our daughter was still young, and I did not think she'd be up to the longer bike rides without having a snooze, and the main reason for the attachment on the back of the bike, was to enable us as a family to go out and enjoy medium to long rides as much as shorter ones.

So, to summarise the pro's and con's.

Pro's
-----
First and foremost, makes longer cycling outings accessible to families with younger children.
1) 3 year old took to it instantly.
2) Thought has been put in to the storage facilities, "cup" holders on either side (currently used to store an assortment of pebbles), and the panniers over the back wheel are of a decent size.
3) Chain guard ensures that in no way can the child's clothes get caught in the chain, or get dirty.
4) Nice thick beefy wheel (up to 65psi) at the back, so bumps are softened before being sent to the child's rump.
5) General build quality is overall very solid and sturdy, you do not feel at all as though it's going to fail.

Con's
-----
1) It is very very heavy, 30lbs/13.5kg is 50% heavier than my bike, and when the child isn't pedalling you can really feel it on the hill's (on the bright side, the kid pedalling *DOES* really help on the hills).
2) We have 3 bikes, unfortunately the attachment to the seat post on two of the bikes is "loose" and requires frequent re-application of tape to make up the difference, this is just a pain.
3) In a similar vain to the above, the attachment to the bike though "solid" has some play, in addition to that there is a joint further down the weehoo that also has some play in it., and the movement in those two joints results in significant amount of jerking/flopping from side to side, I don't mind it too much, however it makes my wife feel very uncomfortable, to the point of not wanting to use it, riding behind, I could see that changes in direction often resulting in a slight sudden "flop" of the weehoo from one side or another, resulting in a jolt being sent back up to the bike.
4) Though there is a 3 point harness, the top strap (across the chest) is pretty much useless, in that the strap should be thicker, in it's current form it opens far too easily.
5) Not really avoidable, but being so low down in traffic can't be great.

Area's for improvement (weehoo 2, or a more expensive version)

1) Make a much lighter version.
2) Improve the manner in which it attaches to the saddle post using a form of restricted ball and socket.
3) An attachable side head rest, so that as a young child, if they fall asleep their head is not lolling from side to side.
4) Again, for the younger children, if it could be reclined (in a similar way to the hamax siesta), it would be far more comfortable for a young child to fall asleep.
5) Make the flag slightly higher, in traffic i don't think it is as obvious as it could be for slightly bigger vehicles, if there was a way to get a light attached that would be even better (I have a thing about lights and bikes!).
6) Very minor, but reflective strips all over the back and sides would be good for visibility.
7) Considering this is meant to be going up to almost 9, I think some way of introduces gears would be useful especially towards the later years.
on June 11, 2013
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our Wee Hoo. I saw the Wee Hoo for the first time on Father's Day 2012 during a trail ride. I went to Bike World and bought one the next day. Biking took on a whole new meaning for my three-year-old. He's now part of the action as opposed to being towed from one stop to the next. He asks to go ride "HIS" bike nearly every day. He's now four and 40 pounds and loving every ride we go on. We turn heads everywhere we ride. A family at school saw us biking to school and purchased theirs the next day! When asked about the ride, stability, drag, safety, enjoyment, etc. I have nothing but rave reviews. Every aspect of safety is addressed on this trailer; velcro pedal straps, covered chain, five-point harness, covered back tire and adjustable seat so it grows with the child. On long rides my husband and I can easily take turns trailing our son as it is so easy to switch the attachment from one bike post to the other.

I misplaced the pannier and called just today (Tuesday) for a replacement. I must have called before the CO store opened, so planned to call back later. Geoff called ME back and asked what he could do to help. I explained how I misplaced my pannier and needed a replacement. We're headed to MN Friday (in three days!) and plan to ride some trails. He reminded me that the pannier is a safety piece so kids don't put their hand in the tire. Yikes! Geoff had packaged a new pannier during our friendly conversation and is shipping it priority. Talk about service. I'm impressed, but not surprised. This is a great company with kids and families in mind.

Don't hesitate to purchase the WEE HOO. You will enjoy hours of family fun over several seasons.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
We LOVE our Weehoo iGo trailer!! I hooked it up to my boxcycles cargo bike so that I can go riding with all 5 of my kids. My 7 year olds LOVES riding on the weehoo and I can feel when she helps to pedal up a hill. I barely notice the extra weight except on a hill and then she helps pedal. I do take wider turns, but with the cargo bike and 4 kids in the box I already take wide turns.

I reccomend this bike trailer to everyone!!!
review image review image
on June 27, 2012
We love our Weehoo, it's the perfect ride solution for my family. My daughter can pedal and "race" me from her seat without feeling unstable. The bike stem connection means my husband can pull it with his carbon fiber frame with a simple seat post swap. This makes us all much happier than an attachment that would have required me to pull with my aluminum frame. My husband gets his power workout while my daughter periodically holds her hands up and yells "wee", pedaling her little heart out. It really is the perfect solution for complaint free riding for all of us.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 7, 2014
I bought this bike for my son who has autism and doesn't know how to ride a regular bike. He is 4 1/2 and fits with room to grow. He love sitting in it and is even begging to pedal.
As for me pulling the trailer, I hardly feel it. When I had my son on the back of my bike in one of those toddler seats I could feel his weight when I turned or started off on the bike. I have gotten lots of compliments and questions about this trailer.

I highly recommend this trailer to anyone who has a child with special needs and cannot ride a regular bike.
we ride a lot of trails and its nice to know that I can still take my son on them with my niece and nephew.
on September 30, 2012
Comparison of all Weehoo bicycle trailers (skip to 1:20 for the weehoo iGo).
on September 15, 2012
We have a 6 yr old son with moderate to severe autism and LOVE the WeeHoo iGo bike trailer for him. It's an excellent value. The recumbant seat and safety harness holds him comfortably yet securely in the seat- no risk of him trying to get off while riding. Pockets on the seat allow for drinks and snacks without stopping and allows him to access his communication device with ease. The most important thing is that our son, who is non verbal, requests rides by SAYING "iGO- iGo"or sometimes he calls it the "WeGo". Either way, we are just thrilled to have found something he so clearly enjoys and is willing to ask for.