on June 1, 2011
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
I love , love this baking book! There were not that many reviews for it on this amazon site, so i had a little look over on the UK one. Every review had 5 stars, so i just had to get it! I'm so glad i did!

Up to now I've made 5 things from here. The peanut butter and maple cookies, the cherry streusel cake (which combined my favourite flavours), the fruit cake (which was amazing), vanilla cupcakes with raspberry frosting and the choc chip cookies. Everything turned out perfect. I even used substitutes. I'm a gluten free cook and i basically subbed all the flours. I used combinations of spelt flour and brown rice flour and whenever it calls for milk, i will use almond milk with a teaspoon or so of olive oil to help with the fat content. Instead of cherry jam i would use raspberry or any really! For fruit cake i even ommited the nuts and i used a selection of figs, dried apricots and dried cherries and topped the cake with warm apricot jam. It wass a huge hit with the family!!

My husband loved the peanut butter cookies and basically ate them all! I loved the fact that i could make them and store them in the fridge pre-rolled and then you just slice them up when needed and pop them in the oven for 12mins.

My next thing I want to make is the muesli bars and the date bars. Oh, and also the almond cake!!!

Nevermind "weekend baking", i've been absorbed baking all week!! If it wasn't for all the other stuff i have going on, i would be baking something out of this everyday. In fact, i nearly am, lol.

The layout is great, she uses the same selection of pans the whole way throughout, so you dont need to buy a bunch of things. The measurements are in cups, so it's good for the US bakers. Pictures are gorgeous and the recipes are so simple yet different and not too out there. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THERE IS A PICTURE FOR EVERY RECIPE , YAY!!!!

Buy the book, you will be pleased you did!!
on December 20, 2014
Format: HardcoverVerified Purchase
not as innovative as I had hoped or the preview online seemed to indicate.
on October 14, 2010
Format: Hardcover
Simple, easy and such clear instructions. The recipes really do work and make baking such a relaxing pleasure! Great results, which my family and friends love. The perfect baking reference book and definitely a great present for any lover of good home baked food. Thank you Sarah Randell.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations