5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful first step for aspiring part-time entrepreneurs
This book lives up to its title. It's a nice introduction to the topic of part-time (weekend) and home-based entrepreneurship, and should be a very helpful guide to anyone who is just starting out and simply needs an easy read with lots of ideas and some business basics. If that's what you're looking for, this book delivers.

As a serial entrepreneur who has...
Published on January 19, 2007 by Steven K. Gold

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners
Published on December 3, 2010 by Elise

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful first step for aspiring part-time entrepreneurs, January 19, 2007
This review is from: Weekend Entrepreneur: 101 Great Ways to Earn Extra Cash (Paperback)

As a serial entrepreneur who has started several ventures, both small and large, I really admire individuals who don't have a lot of time on their hands yet are motivated to take the first steps towards some extra cash -- and even the possibility of financial independence. It takes courage, especially for those with a full-time job and family obligations.

This book introduces the concept of part-time entrepreneurship, provides lots of part-time and home-based business ideas, and also some advice about marketing, etc. In some ways, the most valuable part of this book are the ideas that it presents (a page or two dedicated to each concept). Most of the ideas are within the reach of an entrepreneur who doesn't have a lot of start-up capital, and all are achieveable to varying degrees depending on how much time one can dedicate to them. Also, I really like the fact that this book takes the family into consideration and even discusses how to get the kids involved. For a mother or father trying to make a go of an entrepreneurial business after work or on the weekends, involving the kids can make all the difference in the world. It's nice to see this aspect of home-based entrepreneurship addressed.

The bottom line is that this book is for people who are just starting out and interested in a part-time, home-based business. It provides lots of ideas. If you use one of their ideas, great. And if not, it's still likely that the ideas presented in this books could inspire you and lead you to your own business concept. After you launch your business there are many other resources that will be helpful to you, but the key is to get going, and on that front this book is a good place to start.

Steven K. Gold
Author, Entrepreneur's Notebook: Practical Advice for Starting a New Business Venture

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers As Promised, August 5, 2006
Debra (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This book delivered what was promised. I bought the book Thursday evening and it's already looking a bit used. There was a guy in the section of the book store where this book was supposed to be located. He asked what I was looking for and then he questioned the sense of the title. It's funny how some people take themselves out of the loop of opportunity by making snap judgments.

I like the title. I work during the week and sometimes don't have much energy for other things. So to me, the title is right up my alley. By the time I finished talking about the book he seemed pretty interested too. The book was in a different section and he ended up over there too!

My head is about to explode. I've read several books of this type, but none of them has caused my mind to work the way that this book has. There's something about this book that causes the mind to open up about possibilities that I haven't come across before. Must be the spirit in which it was written.

While the book is written in an easy to read and understand format, it is chock full of information. I need a week off of work just to absorb everything. I read quickly, but I've slowed my pace because I don't want to miss anything.

I've got a few business ideas that I'd like to do some research on and this book gives easy to understand starting points. I like the inserts of extra information and resources that are provided. I could hardly sit still at work. Couldn't wait until break time and lunch so that I could get back to the book.

I just like the book period. I'm getting together with a couple of people this weekend to go over certain sections that deal with things we've wanted to do.

Thanks to you and Jennifer for writing this book!

Debra

5.0 out of 5 stars down-to-earth and doable ideas, June 12, 2006
Jennifer and Michelle write like your long-time good friends who really want your weekend business to succeed. It is inspiring to read by the how to and the real life success stories of others who DO want more money - but not with a business that will take over their live. When I speak to audiences where people are thinking of moonlighting, semi-retiring or becoming self-employed I recommend both this book and Jennifer's "Niche" book. - Kare Anderson, author, SmartPartnering

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED it, March 20, 2006
This book contains a world of information. It is packed with excellent ideas on businesses to start. We all dream about being our own boss and this book can spark an idea in anyone who has the desire. The very first step in any sucessful business is the idea. I highly recomend this book for those that wish to pursue their dream.

4.0 out of 5 stars A real gem!, March 29, 2006
Who ever has enough money? Let's face it, even Oprah and Bill Gates are still working.

In the Weekend Entrepreneur: 101 Ways to Earn Extra Cash, authors Michelle Anton and Jennifer Basye Sander, TV producers and consummate professionals, have amassed this 234-page compilation of creative, weekend moneymaking ideas. These ideas range from maintenance/repair projects, to face painting, foraging and design.

The book begins with sage advice to look for opportunities that are all around us. Investigate opportunities to fill a need or, after doing adequate research, create a product/service. The authors encourage a conservative approach to business building and offer some inexpensive resources and even step-by-step instructions for beginners.

The pages are filled with many excellent ideas, and Dr. Laura Schlessinger's foreword contributes inspirational, practical insights. She shares how she organized her life so that her family was the priority, while pursuing a side business and cultivating her broadcasting career.

What distinguishes this book from other moneymaking editions is the volume of suggestions and the numerous research resources.

Armchair Interviews says: The real gem is that this book gets us thinking creatively and while earning extra cash, engaging in personal growth opportunities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ideas for Cash, August 28, 2006
WEEKEND ENTREPRENEUR: 101 GREAT WAYS TO EARN EXTRA CASH BYMICHELLE ANTON AND JENNIFER BASSYE SANDER . This little book ischock full of great ideas for turning extra time and energy into extra cash or even a full time job or career. The authors have endlessly excellent and imaginative ways you can take what you are skilled at doing, what you spend your free time doing anyway, or what you most enjoy into a lucrative pastime of business . The book is divided into sections which inspire you to get started and what to do before you actually announce your business. It teaches business basics and how to promote your business in up to the minute ways that work and cost almost nothing. There are several sections giving you creative job ideas from being a personal concierge to manure sales. There are many suggestions for products you can make or create, a section on making money via a website, and ways to sell your knowledge of your favorite hobbies. With their excellent strategies for success the authors are sure to make you lots of money and fun while you are doing it. The book is geared for any age, so get your kids started on their own summer business!

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not groundbreaking, January 9, 2007
Good book, but the ideas for work are not totally new and groundbreaking. All the things you have probably already thought of... There are good ideas on HOW to make the ideas happen, though, and that is the best part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Filled with great ideas for starting a small business, November 22, 2007
This is a great book, just full of business ideas that you can start without sinking your savings and way too much time into. Don't quit your job, spend a ton of money and then find out you hate it--ease into business ownership by starting a weekend business first.

There are tons of ideas to explore and they are well organized according to what kind of "work" you need to do in order to run them--businesses you use your own labor for, online businesses, businesses where you make and sell products or services, and a great section on information sales businesses.

You'll also find tons of tips on running your business successfully, too--although you will need to educate yourself beyond this book as to business administration. But, this book will get you started and that is often the hardest part.

Anton and Sander also include a great appendix with business resources.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners, December 3, 2010
This is a great book for beginners that are looking for any possible way to make extra money. There are, as stated in the title, 101 ways to make extra money, anything from washing windows to starting your own consulting business. While it gives a number of ideas, there is nothing I found in this book that I didn't already know. I've been self employed working from home on and off for the last few years, and everything in this book is something I learned for free on the internet. I don't know if this post will be removed for spam after I say the following, but for any beginner your first stop should be […] (work at home moms). I am not a mother, but found this website extremely helpful from the start. I rated it 3 starts because I think it will help others that are just starting out, but unfortunately for me it was a waste of $10 for the kindle version.

2.0 out of 5 stars Manure Sales ?, December 23, 2013
I must admit that I had high expectations about this book after reading some of the reviews on Amazon. And after reading the back cover of the book (Live the Lifestyle of Your Dreams!), I was convinced that this was indeed the book that I had been searching for all these years. I was wrong. Quite frankly I don`t know how this book received so many four star and above ratings. Here is a list of a few of the "great ideas" for businesses that can be found in the book : Manure Sales, Personal Concierge, Pet Sitter, Rain Gutter Cleaning, Beekeeping, Beeswax Candles, Sewing Instructor, and last but not least, Dog Doo Removal. Maybe I`m being negative, but I just don`t see the thrill of removing dog poo for $5 an hour. I expected so much more from this author.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Weekend Entrepreneur: 101 Great Ways to Earn Extra Cash
Weekend Entrepreneur: 101 Great Ways to Earn Extra Cash by Jennifer Basye Sander (Paperback - February 27, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.01