5.0 out of 5 stars You'll love it !!
This is a movie that you won't want to miss a second of. I think it's actually better than the first one. It's hilariously funny and is a necessary film for a well selected collection.
Published on September 29, 2005 by Macaw Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Abra-cadaver!!!
Published on May 5, 2002 by cousinpaco

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll love it !!, September 29, 2005
Macaw Mom (South Florida USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall, A GOOD MOVIE!, March 26, 1999
By A Customer
This movie was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! I think Andrew McCarthy is very good actor and he backs it up with his performance in this movie. Buy both of the Weekend at Bernies movies if you can. IT's Worth it from all the laughs you will get from it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Abra-cadaver!!!, May 5, 2002
cousinpaco (Cincinnati, OH United States) - See all my reviews
WAB2 was not quite as enjoyable as the classic original. This is mainly due to the fact that Bernie, being a corpse for the entire film, is a cipher--little more than a prop. The physical comedy is still there (keeping WAB2 from being a total waste), but I wish we could have had more of Bernie BEFORE he died (perhaps a flashback sequence). His cantankerous (pre-death) behavior in the first WAB cracked me up. Terry Kisor is a talented actor (see his performance in "Friday the 13th Part VII, the New Blood"), so I can only hope they would consider making "Weekend at Bernie's: Episode One" which would expand on what Bernie was like when he was still alive. They obviously can't make another sequel; Bernie would be pretty decomposed by now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bernie, August 10, 2011
J. Gregg (SW Minnesota) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weekend at Bernie's II (DVD)
funny movie for a dead guy he is funny I think the first one was better but not by much. would have wished they would have made more great seller shipped and rec on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, September 23, 2007
This review is from: Weekend at Bernie's II (DVD)
This is a movie that I've seen at least ten times, if not more, and I still laugh throughout the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weekend at Bernie's II, October 12, 2005
BLT (Rio Rancho, NM) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weekend at Bernie's II (DVD)
I didn't think another "Bernie" movie could be any better than the first but Bernie II was more hilarious than the first from the first sceen to the last one. Most people don't get a trip to the Virgin Islands "alive" but Bernie got there "dead" (and starting to stink, I might add). The VooDo spell on Bernie really added more hilarity to the movie. I laughed the whole time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spend the Weekend with Bernie .. AGAIN :), November 18, 1999
By A Customer
I don;t know how to say this in an un-bised way. I am a huge fan of both of these movies. ILOVED THIS ONE it is JUST AS GOOD as the first one! How can I put this. This movie is awesome. I had so much fun laughing at ALL FOUR main charaters get in trouble yet again, because of BERNIE. and he's dead. Or is he? This movie is genius and I wish I could watch both movies every day! You gotta love WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S 2!

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst movies ever made, April 11, 2002
I'm stunned that someone actually green-lighted this movie. I'm even more stunned at the fact that I paid real money to see this movie in a theater when it first came out. They try to breathe life (pardon the pun) into the already played-out premise of carting a dead body around, by giving Dead Bernie the power to walk via voodoo. The ENTIRE move is hung on that premise, with predictably lame results. Man, where do I start? The silly, repetitive "island" music that plays every time Bernie shuffles into a scene? The amazingly stupid, pop-eyed expression Andrew McCarthy wears throughout the film, like he's auditioning for the white-boy Mantan Moreland role (hard to believe that just a few years earlier, he put in a sensitive, complex performance in "Pretty In Pink". This movie buried him in Hollywood)? The seemingly tacked-on "Jamaican Princess" love interest scenes, a woman who in reality would never have anything to do with those two idiots? I laughed out loud exactly ONCE during this film: near the beginning, when two vacationing soul brothers wander into a voodoo ceremony, mistaking it for a party. One of them walks up to a worshiper in the throes of a voodoo spell, and yells, "Yo, Homes, where's the Scotch?" Other than that, this movie is a yawn festival. Avoid at all costs, and definitely don't pay to see it, like I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weekend at Bernies II, December 1, 1999
By A Customer
Equivalent to the quality of the first, WAB2 could have been an extension of it. If you took out the end credits of the 1st and the beginning credits of the 2nd, it could be one long movie. Together they are my 4th favorite movie (Trial and Error, The Matrix, NL Christmas Vacation). Silverman and McCarthy should have done more together. If you want the best movie you don't have to think about at all and will not change you at all it is either WAB or WAB2.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Ratings ? lol, May 2, 2007
Jim "Pimmy" (LINDENHURST, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weekend at Bernie's II (DVD)
A witch doctor makes it that Bernie's dead body can move when music is played which is probably the only slightly funny thing about this movie. That's all you really need to know about this bad and uneeded sequel to the stupid and cheesey but pretty damn funny original. This movie is just stupid without the laughs. I'm surprised so many people here liked it. I like that in How I Met Your Mother how when they try to get a friend to get over a girl. They say "she laughed during Weekend at Bernies 2!". Yeah there is something wrong with someone if they actually laugh during this entirely awful movie lol. I admit that Terry Kiser is sorta brilliant yet again as a dead body though. He's about all this movie has going for it.

Weekend at Bernie's II
Weekend at Bernie's II by Robert Klane (DVD - 2001)
$9.99 $6.22