Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on May 13, 2013
When I first saw this in the theatre, I was a little disappointed. Now more years than I care to calculate later, I find this to be a worthy successor to Weekend at Bernie's.

What happened to change my mind?

I recently showed Weekend at Bernie's to my grandson and mentioned that there was a sequel to it. He wanted to know how, since Bernie was dead. I told him it involved zombies.

He was hooked. What he didn't know was the zombie was of the Voodoo variety and not the brain eaters he was familiar with. Needless to say he was lost during the first part when the film set-up the Voodoo aspect of the movie as well as the use of a pigeon instead of a chicken. I do have to say this was a minor point but also an important one in the movie.

The movie while weaker than the other with the expected gags, was more entertaining than I remember and had more laughs. But, what I really enjoyed was akin to HAWMPS, where the movie was a set-up for the last line, was Bernie marching in a Carnival parade.

Like many good comedies, this movie has many layers which is funny to different people at different times. What I thought was funny my grandson didn't and what I once thought was funny, while now, not so much. Unlike the first time I saw this, I did not think I wasted the time I spent watching this. If you didn't like this movie the first time, you should probably take another look at it, it is worth a second look.
on March 26, 1999
This movie was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! I think Andrew McCarthy is very good actor and he backs it up with his performance in this movie. Buy both of the Weekend at Bernies movies if you can. IT's Worth it from all the laughs you will get from it!
on April 11, 2016
Haven't seen this movie in forever! Still a funny rainy day movie.
Simple story line, recommend seeing the 1st movie to have all the details, but can still manage to piece the plot together if you haven't seen the 1st.
The original---of course---was a trend-setting movie. This sequel adds onto that...
zombies... arrows through the head...
and that old stand-by: greediness.
It was a three to lovers of the first movie, and probably a 2.5 to the UN-innitiated.
on June 17, 2015
I loved the first, you'll love the sequel... I was concerned it wouldn't be as good as the original, but it is at least as good, maybe even better. The item arrived quickly and was as described! This is one movie I will enjoy watching many times!
on September 29, 2005
This is a movie that you won't want to miss a second of. I think it's actually better than the first one. It's hilariously funny and is a necessary film for a well selected collection.
on November 28, 2014
Absolutely love this movie! It is so darn funny, this is and has been one of my favorite movies for many years now! Hysterical! Trust me, you'll laugh so hard that it'll make you cry. If you are In a bad mood, it will definitely take you out of your bad mood
on October 12, 2005
I didn't think another "Bernie" movie could be any better than the first but Bernie II was more hilarious than the first from the first sceen to the last one. Most people don't get a trip to the Virgin Islands "alive" but Bernie got there "dead" (and starting to stink, I might add). The VooDo spell on Bernie really added more hilarity to the movie. I laughed the whole time.
on January 10, 2015
A lot of people didn't particularly like the sequel, but I loved it. I think it's a great addition to my collection and I have watched it several times since I bought it. For comedy lovers it is what I consider to be a "must have" for your collection.
on August 14, 2013
Weekend at Bernies 1 was goofy , corny but clean laughable movie. Great to watch with family and kids without worry of having to cover your eyes. Silly clean movie making , it also takes you back to some actors in their early career movie making. The things that we watched and to compare it with what we watch now. You can tell they got a lot out of a low budget and earned some laughs. Great locations , and reminders of lifestyles during those years . Making an original then a Bernies 2 it is fun goofy viewing.