5.0 out of 5 stars This is one great vest!
Published on December 20, 2010 by The Still Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Lightweight
Published 18 months ago by Crusty Critic

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one great vest!, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Weekender Traveler Air Vest - m020090 (Apparel)
This is a very good buy. The vest is made of quality material, and came very well packaged. The jacket has just the right amount of pockets--not so many that you will be asking yourself what you are going to put in them, and not so few that you will have to load up your pants pockets. Most of the outside pockets have velcro fasteners rather than buttons or snaps, and there is a "hidden" inside zippered pocket. I like the small outside left breast pocket, which is perfect for an mp3 player, or sunglasses. The large bottom outside pockets are adequate for many things like a small book, maps, etc, and there are two elongated pockets on the right breast that will house sunglasses, pencils, flashlight, etc. The bottom back section has two pockets: one large and one small, which are adequate for a water bottle or a light rain jacket. It also has inside pockets for wallet, digital camera, etc. The vest hangs well and even when fully loaded is very comfortable to wear. This vest will be great in the summer months, because the entire upper back panel of the vest is mesh material, so it will breathe easily. The collar is also slightly raised to pad your neck from a camera strap, and will keep the vest from digging into your neck when full. Overall, this jacket is very functional and well thought-out; it is everything I had hoped it would be. I am very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but Sturdy, May 7, 2010
Christopher (Atlantic Beach, NC) - See all my reviews
After much research I decided on this photography vest. My criteria was lightweight, sturdy with lots of options. Of course it's not possible to know if it is exactly what you want until you get it. And I'm glad I got it! I had a trip planned for the Florida Keys in April and wanted to try and carry everything I needed in a vest as opposed to lugging around a camera bag as I did before. The vest was loaded up for each outing with those items I needed. The temperatures in the Keys were pleasant but at times pretty warm, however the vest has enough ventilation to make it comfortable.

There were times I really had it filled up with photography gear. I took it off once to try a shirt on and handed it to my wife to hold. She couldn't believe how heavy it was with the lenses, filters, etc.! Sometimes I even hung my lightweight carbon travel tripod on it. Bottom line - the vest will be traveling with me everywhere. Plan on using it for local outings too.

I'd recommend it if one's requirements were similar to mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel vest, August 31, 2010
This review is from: Weekender Traveler Air Vest - m020090 (Apparel)
I loved this vest it made going through airport security a breeze. It has plenty of pockets and is comfortable to wear. I wore it to Haiti and it was extremely hot there temps were 98 to 105 and I was still able to wear it when I needed it. Don't get me wrong in that kind of heat you do not want to wear any more than you have to. But when I needed to wear it, it was ok because the back is well vented and the rest of the vest is made of light weight material.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Great "InVESTment", September 19, 2011
Lucy R. Watson (Field Hospital--somewhere back in time...) - See all my reviews
I bought this through Amazon specifically for my trip to Israel this August. About the best decision concerning the minutia. Its super light-weight on arrival spooked me a bit, but then I really went over the stitching and construction and felt it a safe bet for my hands-free adventure.
'Delighted!! Light weight for touring in August; perfect number of pockets. Security pockets for cash, passport, personal ID, water, trail mix, tissues/wet wipes, little notebook n pen, hand sanitizer, disposable camera (backup!), [take a breath], cerces to share with new friends, trauma shears, zip bags for priceless tokens along the paths ....space for everything you'd possibly need/want. Sounds heavy? Not. Weight and convenience is even over body. Airport--USA and TelAviv--not even a slowdown.
Laundry: cool wash (I packed a little bag of Oxyclean--perspiration out w/o useless suds); hung to dry...back to perfect...Oh, for another trip....right now, today! I did order a size larger for loose comfort -- maintains shape and size is true.
Get one; experiment; smile at your wisdom expressed!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great vest, but absorbs perspiration in humid weather, February 8, 2013
I have owned this vest in the khaki color since September 2010 and have worn it on several trips. In fact I wore it almost every day last month on a 2 week trip to Sicily during January 2013. In my opinion, hotels in Europe tend to be overheated. This vest is light and extremely comfortable to wear. You barely notice you are wearing it. In warm weather it does not retain body heat because of the mesh panels. I have 6 travel vests (including 3 different models of the Columbia Silver Ridge vests) and this is one of my favorites because of its many pockets and comfortable fit.

However there is one problem that I have never seen mentioned in a review. The vest material is a light cloth-like nylon that absorbs perspiration in humid climates. I learned that in August 2011 on a trip to China. I wore this vest in hot and muggy weather in Beijing at the beginning of my trip. After a few hours it was soaked with perspiration like a wet rag. I washed the vest in the hotel bathroom sink. After the vest dried, it was packed away and never worn again for the duration of the trip. Because of this perspiration absorbtion problem I give the vest 4 stars. When I travel to a region where I know I will encounter humid weather, I pack a cheap mesh vest with fewer pockets that I bought at a market in Vietnam.

Nonetheless, I still highly recommend this vest. Even though the fabric is light, it is very durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for birding, November 13, 2012
I wanted a lightweight versatile vest to carry my birding stuff. This one works. I can carry two birding books, lens cleaner kit, bug spray, snacks, pen, toilet paper and bunch of other small items. I keep it in the car so I am ready at all times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice vest, April 11, 2007
I saw a guy with one of these at a fly-in. I did a search and found it online. This item shipped very quickly. I love it. I ordered the medium and it fits, but I would caution you. If you are not sure if you will need a large you probably need a large.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for casual use, August 7, 2012
John Osborn (TAcoma Washington, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weekender Traveler Air Vest - m020090 (Apparel)
Item arrived early, which was a plus in this rating. Well packaged and ready to use. Good colour, light material, pockets everywhere, including two closable pockets inside,great for keeping valuables secure. Bought it as a budget-minded photog vest. First used it at an air show, carried extra lense for dslr, batteries etc. Water bottle in back pocket, small vidoe camera. Weight was easy to distribute evenly, still comfortable after 8 hours and in direct sun. Good ventilation. Only minus I would mention is the material is light and the stitching appears single stitch. While this has caused no problem so far, you can't help but worry how long it will all stay intact. But at the cost, a very good buy for light to medium use.
Items carried comfortably : Extra dslr lense, battery pack, small vidoe camera, gps-locater, digi-voice recorder, small note pad, cell phone, water bottle. Still had many pockets left to use, weight balance reamined good, at least until the water bottle was empty. Pockets in the back would be great for maps, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars No better vest., April 9, 2009
I have been bying vests for years, and this Vest is without a doubt the best I've ever wron. Comfortable, plety of space, and well laced pockets.

Wonderfull, period.

Raymond Rand Barron

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Lightweight, June 28, 2013
The vest is well made and does have a zillion pockets. It is also light enough for very hot weather. On a minor note, I don't like being a walking ad for the maker, who stuck their name on the back and on an outside pocket, as well as on the inside. On another minor note, I don't feel a made in China item should cost as much as it does. The major issue is that it is so light that the pockets bulge and sag when you put stuff in them, which of course you want to do because that's why you bought it, right? I have an LL Bean light weight vest whose pockets don't bulge and sag, although I admit it doesn't have as many pockets as this one.