5.0 out of 5 stars Best Planner Around
Published 22 months ago by Marcia Brinkley

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Design, Waayy to Big
It's a wonderful planner with space to journal, list goals, and even track your time via the hour. And customer service was fantastic. The one problem is the planner is too, too big (same size as a piece of paper), so I felt woefully awkward and conspicious carrying it. Would buy another product in a heartbeat, once they come out with a smaller size.
Published 14 months ago by LDC

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Planner Around, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Weekly Goals Planner - 12 Months - 2014-2015 Academic Year - Weekly/Daily Priorities Organizer (+) Event Calendar (+) Monthly Goals and To-Do List Journal (+) Yearly Goal Setting Planner - (Glance At A Full Year Of Planning and Reflection Pages For Personal / Office / Business / College Student / Trip / Family and Wedding Plans) - (+200 sheets / 8.5x11 Inch Spiral Notebook Size) - [By Tools4Wisdom] (Office Product)
I used this calendar to accomplish a mixed bag of goals including writing, grad school, art, exercise and family responsibilities. I've bought every type of paper and electronic planner ever made over the years but have not been completely happy with any - until I found this one. I had even made my own planner pages, color coded no less, but the time spent wasn't worth it. Geek that I am, I finally made a list of what works for me and what didn't, and came up with a list of features that I needed:
1. Paper-based - the act of writing by hand seems to help me plan my time more thoughtfully. (I used Frixion erasable pens just in case I over-plan and need to change something.)
2. Goal-oriented - I tend to fill up my time with busy work if I don't articulate my goals.
3. Separate columns for personal and work goals - helps me with balancing my life.
4. Allow me to set monthly goals first, then assign myself weekly tasks - I have long-term goals that I like to work on a bit at a time.
5. Allow me to see a full week at a time - I like to see where my available time blocks are if I need to reschedule something.
6. Space for appointments throughout the day - I like to schedule my personal time as well as work time to make sure I don't forget to exercise, run errands, watch a favorite TV shore and other activities that help me stay sane.
This planner has all of those features and and more because the paper is also nice to write on.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent planner for the goal oriented person, November 30, 2013
Length:: 2:41 Mins

I've always preferred a paper based planning calendar over any electronic/digital planner. It's just more intuitive for me to use and much easier and quicker for me to flip between weeks and months. I can scan more information more quickly in a paper based system. So I was pleased to review this new Weekly Planner from Tools4Wisdom.

This is a large format (8.5" x 11") spiral bound planner. Being spiral bound means it lies flat and that is a huge advantage over a bound planner that always seems to want to close on you or have that nasty lump in the middle that makes it hard to write close to the center margins. The planner does not quite have the "fit and finish" or polish of a planner such as a "Day-Timer. " The lines are a little thick and the paper is pretty standard.

This planner is geared to the person who is a goal oriented and task driven person. The planner has a multitude of sections to efficiently help you plot out and keep track of your goals and actions.

The beginning pages of the planner are for "Goals" and includes a generous number of pages for listing your yearly goals, then space to go into more detail about what goals you are trying to accomplish and why.

The Goals section is followed by the "Planner" section which is the bulk of the planner. Each month begins with a two-page spread of the monthly view. The bottom of each page has a section for "Notes & Ideas." Then is the weekly view, again on two facing pages. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday is on the left side, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are on the right side page. Each day is a column with hours starting at 5:00am and going to 11:00pm in half-hour increments. The line height space is pretty small however. The roughly bottom third of each weekly view page has areas for "Outcomes" and "Completion Steps." There are additional blocks on the left page for noting the major outcomes for the week and listing "...what creative ideas will help improve the overall quality of my life this week"

The final section of the planner is the "Notes Journal" and is 7 pages of space for "Notes and Reflections" and "Actions."

This is a well thought out planner that has only one strange omission... there is no indication on the cover what year the planner is for.

I was provided a sample for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't find a better planner, September 12, 2012
After attending a sales conference, my one "take away" was to ditch the gizmos and use an "old fashion paper calendar" for growing my business. This is the most logical planner you will find! We all know the power of writing our goals on paper. Having them in front of you all week long is very powerful. Goals on one side and appointments to achieve my goals on the other - it just makes sense. Even my personal life has become more organized and productive. This is a great design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent organizer, June 27, 2012
I use this planner at my work and to help organize my studies for college. I like the monthly calendar plus 15 minute increments for appointments and priority page. It helps me stay organized much better than other things I have tried.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent weekly planner for the priority focused & goal driven person, November 25, 2013
Length:: 2:15 Mins

I was provided a sample for review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Design, Waayy to Big, May 25, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Did not purchase - here's why..., September 20, 2012
I would love to purchase this, or one of Tools4Wisdom's other planners, but for two things that drive me crazy about a lot of planners.

First, the weekly sections begin on Mondays but the Monthly sections have a Sunday start. I've never understood why planners would mix the start days - admittedly, it probably doesn't lead to too much confusion when flipping between sections, but it's just one more thing to keep straight when putting reminders in both sections.

Second, the weekend sections (Saturday and Sunday) get short shrift on space. In this case, one column covers each weekday but then Saturday and Sunday have to share a column. I understand this for a work planner when M-F are the main work days, but this is a particularly glaring issue for this work/home planner because weekend planning for home use is not given enough space.

If these two items were changed, I would buy one of Tools4Wisdom's planners. I applaud them for a generally solid effort - in my opinion, these planners look to be better than 90% of the standard junk out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great organizer, May 30, 2013
I love this planner. It has space for weekly, monthly and annual goals (both personal and work related). I can plan my day by the half hour and really get organized. It even has habits to work on each week, and outcomes for each week that I want to work towards. Anyone interested in Tony Robbins style goal setting, this is an AMAZING planner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planner With a Brain (and HEART), January 6, 2013
After many years of being in business and being a Microsoft Outlook junkie/power-user, I am finally coming full circle and have decided to use a paper based planner. As several others have already commented, the act of writing things out long hand, especially wherein my desires are concerned, becomes a fuller and richer experience. I find that ideas, approaches and SOLUTIONS seem to flow more easily from my creative unconscious. That being said, the Weekly Planner by Tools4Wisdom is perfect. If you are like me and want the full enchilada of information with work and personal-life processing, this is the planner for you too. First of all, it has single page monthly calendars for the full year, followed by a two-page spread of Monthly Goals, formatted such that you are asking yourself core questions such as "why" and "how" for each monthly goal. I find that this keeps me on task and less likely to waste time on tangents. It also gets me to check in with myself and to assess whether I am keeping consistent with my inner desires or why I'm not. I like the format of the weekly calendar too: Monday thru Sat/Sun, with 15 minute increment time slots (you really understand where your time is going). The weekly format has margins of the left page (far left) and right page (far right) again for areas to jot down tasks in order of priority and a series of motivational questions that causes you to go back and do an internal check to see whether you're on the right track. Even if I am not actually writing an answer for every query, I find myself silently answering the questions or pondering how or what it is I really need to do. There is enough space to do some short journaling to add key points for an event or to highlight goals. I *love* this method: it helps me address the technical aspects of what I want to accomplish and at the same time it is helping me fulfill my true hearts desires in career/academics, family/social relationships, health and finances. If I earnestly use the weekly planner as a heart-based action planner - 2013 could be the best year yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly detailed book for those who are interested in family goal planning, September 3, 2013
Amazon Guru (Oconomowoc, Wi) - See all my reviews
This book is incredibly detailed for those who are interested in outlining their yearly goals and agenda as a family. I found that the actual book was too large for my daily use, but works great as a desk planner. Try this product-- you may find that you can accomplish more by having your goals and priorities written down in front of you! :-)

Rate and Discover Movies