Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 4, 2005
There are so many reasons to love this pregnancy planner! To start with, it's the perfect size (no huge album-sized book to lug around - it fits right into my purse). It's also stylish - no goofy baby graphics - just simple and sophisticated. When I take it out, it does not scream "Look at me, I'm a pregancy planner!" like so many of the others available.

Moving on to the inside: what I really like about this planner is that the informational text is kept to a minimum (I have seen so many planners go overboard on informational text - it's like they can't decide whether they want to be a BOOK about pregnancy or a pregnancy planner, and some even seem to have more text than spaces for filling things in). 40 Weeks+ has a page of helpful text at the beginning of each section which explains where in the section you can find things, but other than that, this book is about YOU and YOUR BABY.

There are dozens of fantastic charts, checklists, and questions to get you thinking, jog your memory, and record every detail of your pregnancy. There are even sections to record memories and place photos, (as well as to record those first weeks and months after baby is born - weight, feeding schedules, etc.) which turns this very useful planner into a keepsake album at the end of the 40 weeks+!

The checklists for what to buy for baby, divided into "basics" and "helpful extras" are great, especially with all the Things To Buy there are at baby superstores - I'm not a big gadgets person, and it's nice to have a book that's NOT telling me that I MUST HAVE every last baby thing for sale in the world, but lets me know, as a first time mom, what's essential and what's a "helpful extra". And the resources section lists dozens of books and websites especially helpful to me as a first-time mom-to-be who knows NOTHING about where to go for all that baby-related information she craves.

Nothing has been missed with this pregnancy planner. I'm three months pregnant with my first baby and I've already used the midwife interview (which really helped me have a terrfic dialog with my potential midwife) placed my first ultrasound picture in the designated area, filled in some memories about the early days of my pregancy, and started to think about the questions on the birth plan. I can see this little book becoming my constant companion as my pregnancy progresses. 40 Weeks+ comes to you highly recommended!
0Comment| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2005
I just want to add how useful this planner is for dads-to-be. Prior to delivery, it was highly functional, helping us organize and prepare in so many ways. There was even a section dedicated exclusively to helping the coach (that's you, pop) get everything in order. However, when the big day arrived and the contractions started coming fast and furious, the planner moved from functional to absolutely indispensable.

The last thing I wanted to do was scramble around, pulling together phone lists, contraction charts, etc., and 40 Weeks + solved that problem wonderfully. All the notes and lists my wife was counting on me to bring to our birthing center were in one convenient place. I just grabbed our bags, our birth plan, and this planner, and off we went.

After delivery, the planner never left my side. I was able to track feedings and diaper changes, take notes on all the once-in-a-lifetime moments we experienced, and work through our call list without missing anyone. Believe me, if your experience is like mine, your partner's not going to want to deal with these details post-partum, and 40 Weeks + can definitely help you help her.

As a new dad, I heartily recommend it.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2006
I looked at many pregnancy organizers and journals before deciding on this one. What I wanted most was a calendar that I could start at anytime (nothing too structured), a place to track prenatal visits & questions, a place for class notes, and pertinant lists & charts & timelines. This one fits the bill for the most part, but it was really the fact that it wasn't pink with pictures of ducks & puppies that I bought it. What I would like to see is some pockets to hold all the info sheets I get at my appointments (I only found 2 with this feature) and more space for notes.
on December 14, 2006
This is an excellent gift for parents-to-be! I received it as a gift and used it every day of my pregnancy and during my newborn's first weeks at home. There are so many little details to keep track of during a pregnancy and this organizer really helped to put my mind at ease. It lays out a suggested timeline for preparing for a baby without being overwhelming. My husband also found it extremely helpful during my labor and it has become a nice little keepsake to look back on our pregnancy since there are pages to record details of pregnancy and baby's arrival.
on February 5, 2007
I wish I had this from the first doctor's appt after I found out I was pregnant. The overwhelming amount of questions, dates and information can be quickly kept in this 1 book.
on October 18, 2007
This pregnancy organizer is one of the best that I've seen. It has a really great layout and lots of space if you're into interviewing ob's and pediatricians. Gives a calendar for 10 months. Lists questions you can ask your doctor, the peditrician, and your insurance company. I give this a 10 out of 10. THE BEST!!
on July 5, 2007
I LOVE THIS ORGANIZER. Every new mommy should have it. I've used it to keep track of my pre-natal appointments as far as my weight, BP and fetal heart rate and questions I need to remember to ask and any suggestions from the OB. I used it for questions to ask the childcare provider, pediatrican, everyone..It's great. The pouch in the back I use to hold my birth plan and labor/delivery records. I love this organizer. It even has a checklist for what to pack for you and your labor coach. What to get for your nursery and a checklist for thank you notes. It's great!! I would advise any new mom to get this. It has helped me so so much. And it's cute and stylish...
on January 29, 2014
I was looking for an all-in-one organizer for my pregnancy since I was feeling disorganized with a number of resources on healthy eating, healthy weight, what to buy, when to buy, questions to ask doctors, etc. I have found this to be a great organizer and carry with me everywhere I go. It does contain a few pages for memories and a place for an ultrasound picture but it is NOT a journal, so please be aware of this if you are looking for something that is strictly a journal.

What I really love about this organizer: weekly checklist, calendar, weight gain chart, prenatal visit notes, fetal movement chart, class notes, contraction chart, feeding and diapering record, phone lists and lists of essential versus nice-to-have "shopping for baby" items. I love that it lists questions to ask/consider when looking for an OB, midwife and pediatrician as well as questions to ask your insurance company on what they cover.

There is a nice list of resources in the back with books and websites for each section of the organizer as well as a quick summary of what to expect in each section. There is a small plastic pocket in the back that can be used to hold miscellaneous things. I use it to hold copay invoices, prescription information and notes I jotted down on other scrap pieces of paper. It's not a big pocket but it works for me.

I would recommend this organizer to anyone looking for an all-in-one resource, again, not a journal, to help them plan the various stages of pregnancy.
on December 19, 2008
This book is very very very informative considering I am a 'first-timer'! It has everything you can think of from 'a healthy start' to 'at home with baby'. There are calenders, healthy diet charts, fetal movement charts-the works. If you want a book that has EVERYTHING than this book is for you. It's not a scrap book but more of a data entry type book. It was a little overwhelming at first but I've got it under control now.
on September 15, 2005
Being a mom for the first time, I started experiencing several areas of anxiety over my decisions. The same decisions, I thought I had decided on before I became PREGNANT. But as time went by and my belly got bigger-the advice started flowing from all sorts of directions (other mothers, co-workers, friends, family, strangers in line at the grocery stores.)It's amazing all the different views and ideas that are out there. I was left feeling confused, scared, and not sure who to trust for the reminder of my pregnancy through the toddler stages.

My daughter is now 3 and we did survive, but now coming across this planner- makes me ponder how my life would have been so different. Every question I would have asked myself, things I should have asked..A guideline, hence a tool to organize those thoughts, helpful hints, advice from everyone who cared so deeply to give me their "tricks of success". Being a working mother, trying to stabilize a home, and husband-but yet being responsible for all the day to day things-This organizational tool would have been wonderful. I purchased this book for a working, soon to be mother, friend and found myself tearing through the wrapper to get a better peek. Needless to say, I had to purchase another book in order to give it as a gift. It's stylish cover and handy size makes it a perfect tool for the new mom to be. The resources this dandy organizer will hold is essential to being prepared for the new chapter in a families life.