"Catherine presents her delicious kid-friendly recipes in such a straightforward, fun, and friendly way, and Weelicious really is a one-stop shop for anyone who has little mouths to feed. Parents will love every page!" -Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman
"I can't get enough of Catherine McCord's new book, 'Weelicious.' It has great, healthy recipes that your kids will love!"- Heidi Klum
"Catherine McCord, food blogger and author of Weelicious: One Family, One Meal, wants to make kids great eaters from an early age - and make life in the kitchen easier for parents. Her book gives parents advice on how to give kids the necessary balance in their diet."- Dr. Manny, FOX News
"Turns out you don't have to be cooking for little kiddos to enjoy this lovely book. Catherine McCord did such a lovely job. It transcends kid food..." -Joy Wilson, Joy the Baker
"Creamy, crunchy, sweet, or savory, these healthy munchies from food blogger Catherine McCord's new cookbook, Weelicious: 140 Fast, Fresh, and Easy Recipes, will match any kid's mood." -Parents Magazine
“Nothing makes my kids happier than Catherine’s Weelicious creations brought to life, and I’m so grateful to have the question ‘What do I cook for . . .?’ answered in such delicious style. Weelicious is a godsend—every mom needs this book!” -Jennifer Garner
From the Back Cover
Our kids can be great eaters!
After her son was born in 2007, Catherine McCord sought out resources to teach her how to prepare fresh, healthy, appealing meals for young kids—but she came up empty. With culinary school under her belt and a hungry baby to feed, Catherine started Weelicious.com, a website that has since grown into a comprehensive offering of kid-friendly family meals.
Complete with beautiful color photos, tips and tools, lists of pantry staples, feeding plans, and more than seventy new recipes never before seen on Weelicious .com, Weelicious makes it easy to get kids eating healthy foods from their first bite. Catherine teaches parents how to turn their kids into great eaters who appreciate food and are open to exciting new flavors. With Weelicious you will:
• Stop being a short-order cook—whip up unique, delicious, and healthy recipes that everyone in your family, no matter what their age, will love.
• Inspire your kids to eat healthfully without resorting to sneaking or trickery—discover a wealth of great tips for getting kids to eat just by paying attention to how their food is prepared and presented.
• Get kids in the kitchen from day one—introduce kids to a variety of foods and include them in the cooking process to set them up for years of positive eating habits.
• Shop effectively (and make it fun)—bring your kids to the farmers’ market or grocery store for a hands-on learning experience when it comes to meal planning.
• Give kids some choice—strategically allow them to have more input and control over what goes into their bodies so they can “own” their choices.
From first-food favorites such as Sweet Potato-Coconut Puree and The Teething Cookie to family-friendly Veggie Nuggets, Rice Cooker Mac and Cheese, Chicken on a Stick, Shrimp Tacos, and Cheesy Chicken Taquitos to treats like Banana Bread Cake, Raspberry-Cream Cheese Heart Tarts, and Chocolate Velvet Beet Cupcakes, these recipes are perfect for little taste buds and sophisticated adult palates alike—and best of all, every single recipe has been created with health and wholesomeness in mind.
More than just a cookbook, Weelicious is the ultimate cooking bible for families—a resource that will stand the test of time as the family grows!