Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Weelicious Lunches: Think Outside the Lunch Box with More Than 160 Happier Meals
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 10, 2013
The Pros:
It's a gorgeous book. Lots of photos, lovely to look at.
There are many helpful tips on packing lunches.
The recipes are all fairly easy and are well written.
The food is tasty!

The Cons:
A lot of the sandwich ideas are for grilled sandwiches, which honestly don't pack well in my opinion. Melted cheese resolidifies and crispy exteriors get soggy. Your kids may not care about that, though. Mine, unfortunately for me, do.
The advice can seem a bit overwhelming; making all that stuff for lunches every day is a LOT of work. And yes, making extra and freezing it is a GREAT idea. IF you have a much bigger freezer than I do.

Overall, it's a great book, and I'd recommend it to those who are looking for new ideas, or those who are just starting to pack lunches for (or better yet WITH their kids.) Those who have been doing it for a while might not get quite as much out of it, but it does contain some solid advice and some great recipes.
on November 8, 2013
I thought I would know everything included in this book -- I was wrong! This has some really wonderful, inspirational ideas that are easy to implement so I can give my kids a healthy, fun lunch every single day without having to stress about it.

Other books I have about kids lunches that I use all the time are:
Kids Lunch Boxes: 101 Tasty, Fresh, Fun and Healthy School Lunch Box Ideas and Recipes Your Kids Will Love To Eat!
and
The Lunch Box: Packed with Fun, Healthy Meals that Keep them Smiling
on March 4, 2014
I love the Weelicious blog and was really hoping for some lunchbox inspiration - especially with vegetables.

While there are some good lunch ideas in this book, they definitely are not things to put in the lunchbox. Lots of wheat and dairy, in the form of melted cheese sandwiches - which don't pack well for sure. And the veggie section has a whopping 7 recipes, including one for roasted carrots. Seriously?
on October 16, 2013
Every lunch we have made out of this book has been a hit - this is my second Catherine McCord book & not only does it have great, easy & deliciously healthy recipes - but acts as a springboard of creativity for future meals! Our household is a huge fan of healthy eating!!
on October 12, 2013
This has very creative, fun food ideas! A lot of the recipes are still too "advanced" for my super picky eater, but I love the nutritional, healthy focused meals and the presentations are always cute! I'm now hooked on Bento boxes and every time I pack lunch for my pre-schooler, I glance through this for ideas to persuade him to eat more! Love it!
on October 13, 2013
My kids are excited about lunch again! They tell me that their friends enjoy seeing what they have, too. We've been making our own snacks together, and my kids love that there aren't yucky chemicals in ours.
on September 4, 2013
Weelicious Lunches has brightened up my kids' boring lunch boxes. The first thing in the morning or the last thing at night, is when I make my daughter's lunch and I am always too tired to be inspired. I've loved having Catherine's fun, creative ideas to help me out and make my little girl's day a bit brighter!
on March 20, 2015
Not what I expected. Would have been nice to have pictures of every recipe in the book instead of pictures of her kids and random junk. Too much jibberish in the introduction which took pages and pages..just get right to it.
on September 10, 2013
I have purchased both books of the author. The first one was the kindle addition and this one was the hard cover. I wasn't too impressed with the first one because I am a person that LOVES a lot of pictures with recipes.. the more the better. I was hoping (knowing that she posts so many pictures on facebook about the lunchboxes) that this book would contain lots of pictures. But I was greatly disappointed. I will still try out the recipes and the sushi bread roll is a big HIT with my daughter. But still wished there were more pictures. If you are like me I would recommend "Beating the lunch box blues" by J.M. Hirsch! I am absolutely in love with that one! tons of pictures and creative ideas!
on December 9, 2013
This is a great cookbook. I was stuck in a lunch rut with my family & this has bounced us right out of it! We have made numerous recipes from this book (and her website) and have yet to be disappointed.

I feel Catherine is really truly in touch with today's parents & the struggle to feed your kids as healthy as possible and still have it taste good and not be terribly hard to cook/bake.

This was the best cookbook I have bought & is my go-to. I can't say enough good things about it.