5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results - Cholesterol dropped 70 points!
Published on November 12, 2010 by RM - Minneapolis

1.0 out of 5 stars The Photo shows the old product
Published 3 months ago by R. Perrelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results - Cholesterol dropped 70 points!, November 12, 2010
This review is from: Weider Red Yeast Rice Plus with Phytosterols 1200 mg per 2 Tablets - 180 Tablets (Health and Beauty)
On a recommendation from doctor, I started taking this supplement. She recommended both the Red Yeast Rice and the Phytosterols so I loved getting them both together. She gave me 6 months to lower my numbers or she wanted to put me on meds. I just had a new test done this week. My cholesterol went from 263 to 196 - in the normal range! My triglycerides went from 277 to 173 - still slightly higher but a drop of over 100 points. My HDL dropped and the LDL increased. I still have more HDL (the bad stuff) than I should, but my cholesterol/HDL ration is on the edge of normal range at 5. While I've also been trying to eat better, I ate pretty healthy before so only minor changes to the diet. I have not dropped any major weight in that time so the only major change was these pills. I will continue to take them and see if my numbers are even better in another 6 months!

5.0 out of 5 stars All of my cholesterol levels were elevated when i began taking this product on december 31, 2012. by the end of may, all of my, November 28, 2012
phyllis dull (horseshoe, north carolina United States) - See all my reviews
cholesterol levels were completely within normal limits. i also began to eat healthier and lost 15 pounds while taking this medicine.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS!, June 6, 2013
I did not want to take the standard prescribed medication to reduce cholesterol because of the side effects. Due to an auto accident, I already have chronic joint and muscle pain. A dear friend, who is in the medical profession, recommended Red Yeast Rice as an alternative. Prior to taking this product, my cholesterol was 268. Within a few weeks, it was lowered to 198.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Photo shows the old product, September 3, 2014
This was a very good product. You can see the label showing the tablets, which were a sort of lavender color. Weider has since changed this product to make it "easier to swallow". Apparently it is the same product, but the tablets are now a bright red. The coloring is from an ingredient called Carmine. "To prepare carmine, the powdered scale insect bodies are boiled in ammonia or a sodium carbonate solution..." (Wikipedia). It's your call, but I decided pass on any supplement colored from crushed bugs. Bon Appétit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, July 3, 2012
Fast shipping & a great product. Have been using for several years & my cholesterol is lower than its been in 20 years. We are using it with other OTC products, so not sure if this by itself is working, but at least the DR hasn't recommended taking a statin or other drug. Did a lot of research before buying a Red Yeast Rice product, but am happy with the results at this point; would be worth talking to your DR about before taking a prescription drug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weider Red Yeast Rice, July 18, 2013
My doctor recommended red yeast rice to help lower my cholesterol. I've found this product at a good price and found this seller to be reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Brand, April 16, 2013
The tablets are easy to take & for me that's perfect. I have issues with some of the other brands that are capsules.
Since I have been using the Weider brand of Red Yeast Rice, over a 6 month period of time, my cholesterol level has dropped
from 225 to 205. The prescribed cholesterol medications had some nasty side effects. I have no side effects from taking these
tablets. My doctor told me to continue doing what I'm doing because I'm doing great & blood tests were perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked for me in 90 days, August 27, 2013
In May, 2013, my cholesterol was 227, non-HDL cholesterol 177, HDL 50, Triglycerides 111, LDL 155. As of 8/27/13, cholesterol is 196, cholesterol non-HDL 146, HDL 50, Triglycerides 124, and LDL 121. So, my cholesterol is now normal and down by 31 pts.

I've been taking two tablets in the a.m. and just placed another order. Very happy I can stay clear of the nasty statins.

5.0 out of 5 stars lowers cholestral, March 31, 2014
These supplements were recommeneded by my chiropractor nephew. And within a few months really lowered our LDL. Statins starting giving us leg weakness and muscle pain. The Red Yeast Rice is taken at night and kept us healthier.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have high cholesterol this product is for you., June 17, 2014
When I chose to take Weider Yeast Rice with phytosterols 1200 mg per 2 Tablets a day my cholesterol went from 250 to 201 in just three months. I never missed a prescribed dose. My sister recommended the product to me. I researched the different name brands and Weider's appeared to be the best choice. In the past, I had used Weider's products and was impressed so I though that I would benefit from their RYR. I did not want to take a prescription drug to lower my cholesterol because of friends I knew had tried them and the side effects were terrible. Muscle cramps, etc. I have never experienced any side effects with Weider RYR only a lower cholesterol.

This is the first time I have ever written a recommendation for a supplement because, in the past, I did not believe a real person wrote it.

Weider has a great reputation so I gave it a try and it worked so if you have high cholesterol, take a chance and try it.