4.0 out of 5 stars confusing but works
In today's age of luggage fees, everyone needs to travel with a luggage scale.

This one is not tiny, but reasonably small and comfortable to lift with, and extremely light. The buttons are confusing at first, but read the instructions, as the features (ie locking on the max weight) are handy.

We had two 50.0 pound bags coming back from our last trip...
Published on January 22, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, broke within a week
Published on April 5, 2010 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars confusing but works, January 22, 2010
This review is from: Air Weigh LS-300 Portable Digital Luggage Scale (Automotive)
In today's age of luggage fees, everyone needs to travel with a luggage scale.

We had two 50.0 pound bags coming back from our last trip - the rest in backpacks. Money or pain of opening your suitcase at the airport avoided.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, broke within a week, April 5, 2010
I was preparing for an international trip and didn't want the hassle of overweight bags at the checkin counter so I bought this. I weighed 5 bags with it, all under 30 pounds and on the 6th it snapped a screw. It wasn't being handled rough, just used as it was designed to be and not near its max either. I don't know if it was a lemon but it soured my experience, I won't use this company again (the one that made the product)

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable measurements., February 17, 2011
I have used this luggage scale for three different trips now and each time my luggage has been close enough to the weight limit of 50 lbs that I've needed a precise, reliable measurement. All three times it's given me different measurements when I re-weigh just to be sure. None of the measurements are even close, ranging between 48 and 56 lbs. This is obviously the difference between being charged and not charged for extra weight, so the inconsistency makes the scale useless. I've gone back to using my clunky non-digital scale, which is basic and more difficult to use, but at least consistent. A waste of money and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Aid!, March 10, 2010
Marcia Jeans (Wichita, KS USA) - See all my reviews
Air Weigh LS-300 Portable Digital Luggage Scale Best portable luggage scale I've ever purchased! Extremely accurate, lightweight and easy to use. Packs well too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, easy to use, May 24, 2009
Amazon Customer (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I compare this scale with my bathroom scale, and I'm happy to say that it's accurate. I will be keeping this in one of my luggages from now on to avoid last-minute scrambling to re-arrange my luggage at the airport.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, July 29, 2012
This scale is really bad. You need to hold the luggage much longer than other scales to register a weight. About 15 seconds. Does not sound like a lot, but with a 50lb bag it is a lifetime. Also, since the display is verticle, someone else needs to read it. When you put the scae down, it resets to 0.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay far away - broke after 2 trips!, April 4, 2012
molsonds (Lilburn, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I received this luggage scale as a gift via Amazon. I had asked for it based on all the positive reviews, and the fact it came with a 5-year manufacturer warranty. The luggage scale worked beautifully on an overseas trip (both going and coming back), and it worked great on my next trip just a few months later without issue - going to my destination. When I went to check the weights of my bags for my return trip, the scale would flash three zeros (000) and beep, then give me a random weight (without a bag even attached, this was happening when I tried to turn it on to use it)! I thought perhaps the battery was just going dead because it had been in my carry-on bag, so I thought maybe the on button kept getting bumped on and drained the battery. However, since putting in a fresh battery, it still does the same thing - can't weigh anything and it is now useless! Something has clearly gone haywire in the scale itself - must be totally broken & can't find any info. on the internet for the company or to get any warranty service - all I can find is that it is MADE IN CHINA. Figures - cheap stuff made in China that doesn't work. I'm no longer surprised. The quality of this product is very poor - I RECOMMEND YOU PICK ANY OTHER LUGGAGE SCALE ON THE MARKET INSTEAD OF THIS ONE. I've seen several complaints in the reviews stating the scales quit working within a few days to a year, and this one was the same - broke after just 3 uses and in just a few months of getting it. BAD PRODUCT!

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes very loud beeps. Other than that, it's awesome., February 27, 2011
theshonen8899 (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I fly Southwest Airlines a lot and we get to check in two free bags as long as they weight less than 50 pounds. I've had to pay $50 because my baggage has gone over, and not wanting to have to go through that again I bought this.

So what you do is you press the button nearest to the center first (without anything pulling on the bottom) and put the strap on the bottom and clip it over the handle of your luggage. You lift the luggage up by pulling on the scale (very nice ergonomic shape) and it'll beep (very loudly) when it has determined the weight. Actually, it'll beep more than once. It'll beep a lot until you put it down, because the weight keeps changing and it keep determining a new weight. It's not too bad, but I wish it would just do away with the beeping completely, as it's loud and irritating. But it's simple to use and now I can weight my luggage and ever packages I want to ship from the post office. Handy and worth the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, August 3, 2011
I purchased this before a trip, hoping to avoid the hassles of my checked luggage being slightly over-weight at check in. However, every time I picked up a suitcase with this device, I got a different weight. The spread wasn't just a few ounces either. The same suitcase weighed 5 times within a couple of minutes gave 5 different readings with a range of 4.5 pounds.

1.0 out of 5 stars This scale sucks...!, January 16, 2013
It did not work. It started from 35.0 LB and did not measure. Also, it was very noisy. When i tried to weigh my bags, which one of the bags was even empty, the scale did not show me the weight of the bag and made very noisy sounds! I refunded it!.

Air Weigh LS-300 Portable Digital Luggage Scale