1,013 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy
its accurate and price is right. when ever you purchase a scale put a penny in it and you should get 2.5 grams. just a pre-test worth performing.
Published on January 26, 2010 by david

3.0 out of 5 stars good price, a few problems
I purchased this scale to weigh chemicals for amature rocketry. The biggest problem that I have run into is that the power save feature turns off the scale while I am still adding chemicals to the weight dish. When you turn the scale back on, it zeros itself out. It slows me down alot. Other than that, it has worked fine so far. For the price, I'd say it's a good deal.
Published on November 29, 2008 by Nathan

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, January 26, 2010
This review is from: Fast Weigh MS-500-BLK Digital Pocket Scale, 500 by 0.1 G (Kitchen)

4.0 out of 5 stars good scale for the price, September 3, 2009
Mike (Nashville) - See all my reviews
It's accurate and would be good for a wide variety of uses. It's nice that it takes 2 AAA batteries instead of the expensive flat round ones that die out very quick. For some reason the expensive scales (over $20) always seem to use these batteries.

It's definitly a good scale at $8...if you want something nicer with a stainless steel weigh surface spend $20 or more on a better one. The scale is ALL plastic and made in China, so know that before buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars good price, a few problems, November 29, 2008
Nathan (Houston, Texas United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Acurate and Cheap price, September 15, 2010
This scale is amazing for just 5 bucks???? this is a steal I recomend to every1, weighs grams well, you wont be dissapointed looks discreet no1 can tell its a scale when closed, so small and acurate a must by for all my 420 peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Was surprised when I saw it..., November 14, 2009
First of all, after retrieving the mail, I noticed a small package, I got really excited and though it was my 20mW green laser, but it was actually this scale. It was 100x smaller than i thought it would be! When they say "pocket scale", they mean it! This thing is smaller than my wallet, but a little bit thicker. Gets the job done for me, weighing out chemicals for backyard pyrotechnics and the like.

Pros:
+ 500g capacity, with .1 resolution, aka: 35.7g as an example reading, but also has oz, dwt, and ozt modes.
+ tray that doubles as cover to keep dust out
+ tare/zero and calibration functions
+ small! fits just about anywhere
+ bright backlight and easy to read numbers
+ simple to operate, ready to go right out of the box with included batteries!
+ 2 AAA batteries, not those rare button types!
+ black color and fairly easy to clean
+ made of plastic, nice and light
+ gets the job done!

Cons:
- its very small size might make it hard to weigh bigger containers/items [but im sure you could figure a way around this, something flat, tare/zero function...]
- someone else pointed out the scale auto-powers down after a short delay, which can happen while you mentally calculate how much more you need to add.
- a super slight deviation at times, such as: 45.3g then after several seconds shows 45.4/45.2g and then goes back to 45.3g. [so if you need absolutely precise measurements, you need to go look for a professional scale], this is a non-issue for me, one decimal precision is much better than +/- 2 whole grams...
- it is made of plastic, so dont expect to drop it off a table multiple times and have it be accurate, but the price makes it a no brainer to just buy a new one

All in all, this is an awesome deal! I am very tempted to buy 2 or 3 more if I find some money...HDE was very quick, 3 whole days before the expected delivery time, and received the exact product as advertised. Its the performance you would expect from a product 3-5x the price [yes including shipping].

If you need a very small portable scale that works, look no further!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little scale, mine came with something extra... something sticky, January 2, 2010
When I received this digital scale in the mail, upon opening it up my first thought was how compact it was (which is a good thing, IMO). It also had decent build quality for a $7 scale.

I went to power it on, and when I opened the battery casing, there were already batteries in there (another plus!!). It was strange, there was also some condensation (I thought was water) on the batteries and underneath them (thank god the batteries came wrapped in plastic even though they were seated in their proper slots). Upon cleaning it off, I had a strange film all over my hands that would not come off, save for washing them in soapy water. The batteries were some cheap looking korean brand, so it would not surprised me if they had leaked a small amount of battery acid. Anyways, I let the scale dry off after I cleaned it off, and I used a different pair of batteries (a couple duracells), and it worked just fine! I didn't want to try the other batteries after that crap got on my hands, but the scale is actually quite accurate and very decent for only $7!!!

I'll live with it for now, even though I might mutate into some creature later because of whatever that goop was that got on my hands. Oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny little useful wonder. It's perfect for making sure that your packages qualify for USPS First Class Mail, February 24, 2010
I purchased this scale so I could weigh small packages/envelopes and print out USPS First Class Mail (FCM) shipping labels with exact weight in ounces. I'm glad to say that this scale has not disappointed me.

If you print out your own USPS FCM labels online then you get free Delivery Confirmation so this scale has already paid for itself at least 3 times over. Before I was going to my local post office and purchasing Delivery Confirmation for .90 cents for each package but now with this little wonder I can weigh my own packages and save cash. If you mail several small packages every week via FCM then the savings really do add up.

Despite it small size (2 1/2" wide x 3 1/2" long) it can weigh large envelopes because the cover also acts as a supporting tray. If you mail 8" x 13" bubble wrap envelopes frequently like I do then this scale will be perfect.

I'm very happy with my purchase and I would highly recommend this item to anyone who is looking for a quality scale at an economical price to determine if their packages qualify for USPS FCM.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless as received, January 7, 2010
The little scale turned on with no problems, but I quickly realized that it was giving results that were very inaccurate. It would measure 10-15% less than a calibrated scale. No problem, I thought, as the instructions said it just needed a quick calibration. The problem, the ONLY way to calibrate it is with a 500g weight. My calibration weight kit does not contain this, and to purchase this weight is 2 to 3 times more than the cost of the scale. Defeats the purpose of an economical, small scale. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt by giving it 2 stars, with the assumption that it may be accurate if it came calibrated. I'm off to buy a different scale now..

4.0 out of 5 stars KillaBudz, January 6, 2009
for the price you can't beat it. the scale works as it should and would recomend it to anyone looking for a digital acale. i have owned quite a few scales in the past in which i paid in upwards of a $100, this scale is just as could a a fraction of the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!, April 2, 2009
For a small inexpensive scale this one works great. It is very sensitive and does a great job for a pocket sized scale. Be carefull to make sure you have the weighing tray centered on the weight sensor though, with it's high level of sensitivity it is easy to get a false reading if you do not have the tray in the right position.

Fast Weigh MS-500-BLK Digital Pocket Scale, 500 by 0.1 G