Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Weigh of Life Scale
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 5, 2005
I have been dieting for the last four months. Just watching my caloric intake really. Some food items are difficult to measure with a volume measure such as a 1 cup measure. I have an older kitchen scale with an analog dial, but the scale weighs all the way up to 5 kilos (11 lbs) which makes it difficult to accurately measure a small portion of food. I purchased the "Weigh of Life" scale and it is terrific. It weighs pretty accurately, somewhat repeatable to within a gram or two. It zeros the scale each time the it is turned on. Therefore I am able to put my empty bowl on the scale, turn it on, then put my food item inside and voila! The scale reports the weight of the food only. It is much more than just a scale though. If you so desire you can enter a code, for the food to be weighed, from the included code book and the scale will report: calories, fat, cholesterol, and a whole host of other interesting food statistics for the weighed portion. I don't use that feature very often, but instead I use it coupled with a dieting computer program. The scale makes it easy to track exact food intake rather than guessing. I highly recommend this scale.
on August 11, 2005
A great scale, I love that I get so much information all at once when weighing my food. I had two problems with this scale, neither of which are major, but should be considered when buying this scale.

1) It's not very user friendly, at least not compared to other scales I've used. It will take some time to get used to entering codes and figuring out how to get what you want from it. I still find myself getting out the instruction manual all the time to figure out how to punch something in. I find that I have to keep both the instruction manual AND food code book around.

2) I find some basic foods don't have codes in the code book. Often I take the weight of a food (say a deli sliced meat) and have to do research on my own to find out how many calories and such are in that food and figure out what I want on my own.
on November 3, 2008
More than a few of the numbers on the electronic desplay screen no longer work. It's kind of hard to weigh somethig if you dont know if the number is a 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, or 9. This scale did not receive much use nor any hard use since I wasted my money on it. It is an $80 scale that should have retailed for $9.98.
on October 14, 2005
I had no trouble with this scale, until it stopped working complately, 7 months after purchase. Now it refuses to turn on or do anything. I can not return it to the store it came from because 1) it was a gift and 2)i live hundreds of miles away from said store. so i've been trying to contact the manufacturer to cash in on the year-long warranty. i've been calling the tel. number listed in the instruction manual for two months now, with no reply. actually, the message at that number gives no indication that it has anything to do with the scale at all. i have searched on the internet to find the company, "design manufacture distribution, LLC" to no avail. Who are these people and how do I contact them???
on February 10, 2007
the first one I bought, the keypad to input the code did not work correctly,so I exchanged it. the second one had different codes for the same food, which I thought was strange, but this one did not work either.It did not even weigth the foods correctly, so though it looks like a great scale, I definitely would not recommend it.
I purchased this about a year ago, it works great.
But and this is a big but, the food list is not indicative of a dieter.
If I am on a diet I want to know how many calories my chicken has before I cook it.
This scale has 15 entries for chicken but not one says raw without skin or bone.
Here is what I mean these are a few of the chicken entries:
Chicken breast, fried with skin, batter dipped
Chicken drumstick, fried with skin, batter dipped
Chicken wings, fried with skin batter dipped
Chicken breast, fried with skin flour dipped,
Get the idea? if you trying to diet, and that is what this scale is for you are not going to make batter dipped fried chicken with the skin on.
Not one entry for plain chicken.
There is Taco salad (with ground beef, cheese, taco shell),,,well how much beef ? there is a defference between one with 1 tablespoon and one with 1/4 cup ground beef.
They do not include many of the items the average dieter would use on a diet. And all the weights are caculated as if they are cooked.
There is an apple without skin, dieters don't eat apple skin but they eat chicken skin?
Soups: Bean with pork, whose? campbells or Progresso there is a big difference between the two soups.clam chowder with milk, how much milk? fat free or whole? and how much milk to soup.
I am sorry but until they iron out the kinks and make a more logical scale I do not recommend this scale. There are others out there.
on September 16, 2012
I bought this scale 2 years ago. Didn't use it too often, but when I went to use it recently, the numbers were all fragmented. I replaced the batteries, but that didn't help. I was reading all the other reviews and saw there were several people with the same issue.

I too tried to reach the company and would have been happy to pay for a repair, but was never able to reach anyone. This is a phantom company I guess and they apparently have no concerm about customer service. You are buying at your own risk.

In the garbage this will go. It was a total waste of money.

Select another brand scale would be my suggestion.
on September 24, 2009
I also had a problem with the readout. It worked quite well for about a year, but then the electronic readout stopped working. I never did use the nutrition calculator functions, I just used it for my weight watchers diet. After reading the other reviews, I guess I'll just throw this one out, and try another brand. The only silver lining for me...I bought it in a closeout store for $25.
on January 13, 2012
This scale is NOT user friendly. It does a lot of stuff but you better have time to keep referring to the Manuel if you want to do it. I have lost a lot of the digital letters and numbers on the screen and even at replacing the batteries it still couldn't be read in a lot of places. There are too many scales on the market to have to buy this one. Keep searching, this product is not good.
on February 22, 2015
I have had this scale for years. It still works perfectly. I have the code book, and the instructions are there, but it does not address how you change the weight from grams to ounces? There is a combination of buttons, but I always forget. I usually just keep pushing buttons until it switches, then I don't know what I pushed.