Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 19, 2006
I have tried alot of different books and tapes to try and help me with weight loss. I have to say I was not convinced this one would help any more than the others I already have, but was willing to give it a try and I am glad I did.

The nice thing about this CD you can listen to it at any time, so I am able to pop it into my player at work put on my headphones and enjoy the music. I noticed a difference in my cravings and eating habits within 3 days. I no longer crave the sweets and I can say no thanks to that mid afternoon snack of chips.

This is definetely one of the best investments I have made to help me in my goal to lose weight.
44 comments|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2009
So, I bought this but I was very skeptical. Having lost 20 pounds so far, my skepticism has been pretty well put to bed.
I was about 100 pounds overweight when I bought it, and I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a try. For the first couple of weeks, I just listened in the evenings without making many behavioral changes. Then I suddenly found myself motivated to start going to the gym in the morning. I also joined Sparkpeople.com, and have actually found myself able to follow the plan with a strange level of ease. Obviously, I am doing all of this myself, consciously and of my own free will, but this CD is the only x-factor I can identify that seems to make it so much easier and more enjoyable than ever before to adopt healthy habits.
I bought the CD about two months ago, and have been engaging in weight-loss behaviors for about six weeks. I have lost 20 pounds so far, and I'm still going strong. I am enjoying the taste of fresh produce in a way that I never have before, not to mention how great it feels to push my body past its comfort zone, and really feel my muscles engage. I am feeling so proud of what my body can do. I take a day off every week, where I eat whatever I want, but even on these days my behavior has been incredibly sane. I might eat a couple of cookies, but never a whole batch. I might go out for a cheeseburger, but I'll still order it with a salad instead of fries. I can't stand soda anymore. It tastes like liquid candy. I really can't think of anything that I am doing differently this time, as opposed to the zillion other times I have tried to lose weight, except for listening to this CD.
I listen to the CD every single day - I head to bed an hour early, and listen to the first track while reading for 30 minutes. Then I put the book down, turn out the lights, and listen to the second track. Sometimes I drift off during the second track, but it doesn't seem to matter. I wake up motiviated every day. I cannot recommend this CD enough. My three pieces of advice are: 1)listen every day. If you can't make time to do this, it may not work for you. 2) Give it a couple of weeks to start working before you assess its effectiveness. The messages it is sending are challenging some very ingrained subconscious ideas, and it takes time to change these. 3)Don't expect the CD to magically make weight fall away. You have to engage in the appropriate behaviors. But it will make it easier and more pleasurable to do so, at least in my experience.
Good luck, and enjoy!
0Comment|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2007
I am not a person naturally inclined to "new agey" gimmicks, but I decided to give this a try. I don't know if it is the CD or the fact that I am just sick of being overweight, but whatever it is, it's WORKING! I've been listening to the tracks for three weeks and I'm down 7.5lbs. I have lost my cravings for sweets and starches, even around the bad times of the month. My recommendation is to give it a try...you'll definitely be no worse off then you were. Besides the music is very soothing.
0Comment|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2007
This subliminal CD with Kelly Howell concerning weight loss works. I am a 6 ft. Italian woman.....If it does the trick on me, I can't imagine it not working for someone else.....
I have been keeping the weight off to. The CD has a lot of affirmations about self-love and body love as well as picking the right foods for yourself (you don't hear these-you hear music). What my husband and I have noticed (he listens too) is that we have been eating just as much, but the type of food and food combinations have changed. Naturally. Without us consciously thinking about it.
We listen to this CD every night & we started loosing weight by 30 days. My hubby lost about 15 pounds, I have lost 25 lbs. over a 5 month period naturally- without any conscious effort, kept it off, & still listen to the cd every night- and am pleased.
This is a subliminal reprogramming theta wave program. You can hear the pulsing sound waves mixed with beautiful soft and calming piano music. It is a vibratory CD, lasting one hour. (Theta is an excellent wave vibration to use for meditation. I personally like theta for certain meditation, especially meditation programs designed to implant knowledge.) The CD is by Kelly Howell and released by Brain Sync Corp. The music is by Robert Schwimmer. The cover claims that Kelly Howell is acclaimed for her pioneering work in healing and mind-expansion.

A tri-fold paper is included, which explains that Brain Sync generates whole brain synchronization and that listening with stereo headphones adds the ability to balance both brain hemispheres. Although it says you can listen to either of the 2 tracks anywhere, I do NOT recommend you listen in the car, unless you are a passenger and are using headphones. I find these types of programs are optimal for quiet meditation time or bedtime, and optimal with earphones. Depending on your job, you can play the CD at work (but, again, I do not recommend playing it if you are operating machinery. Sometimes these types of programs can make you sleepy.) I also firmly believe that you can play a subliminal CD at bedtime and fall asleep with it. Your subconscious mind should pick up the reprogramming, whether you are asleep or awake.

In this CD, you do not hear the 20 subliminal messages with your conscious mind. They are apparently imbedded in the background and are listed in the trifold. Some examples are: "Every cell of my body exudes beauty and health; I relax into my perfect weight; I burn fat; I am active and full of energy." The trifold advertises a couple of other subliminal CDs, if you are interested, including "Stop Smoking and "Deep Sleep". There is even one called "Attract Love" (ooo la la!) The trifold suggests that you listen to the CD every day for 6 weeks.

What do I think? I'm so glad that you asked. I am a firm believer in high-quality subliminal programming CDs. I have had a good deal of success with some of them. BUT, I have found you need to listen to them EVERY day for at least 30 days to effect a behavioral change. That's 30 days in a row, folks, so be ready to do that. Would something less work? Well, there are no finites (all things are possible), but, I think probably not. (The company recommends 6 weeks, so I would suggest you go with their recommendation because it is likely based on their studies with this material. )

Is this high-quality? I just started it myself, but I believe so, based on the vibration I feel and my past experience with these types of programs. That's why I am rating it a 5. I will be back with a follow up comment about the end of May 2008 or sooner.

By the way, these programs do usually start to work before the 30 day/or 6 week period concludes. You generally notice subtle differences in the way you think/react/behave. That is your indication that the subliminal material is beginning to work on you. But, one more time, in order to set patterns of behavior change in place, you really need to commit to the one hour a day, every day for the full period. If you listen more that that, you will probably achieve results faster.

There are no short cuts to losing weight that I am aware of. The "lose weight fast" pills that I have found, and the special diets, are only good for a few pounds, especially as you gets older and your metabolism is less active. Exercise helps a great deal, as does eating less calories and good foods (veggies/fruits/proteins). A CD like this one can help re-program your belief system to do the right things and keep you motivated in the right direction.
22 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2003
Since ordering this tape 3 months ago, my eating habits have transformed. Playing it as background music while preparing meals, and eating, instead of the unneccessary chatter and stress that usuallly goes on at mealtime, I am calmer inside and feel great! The pitch of the music stimulates different parts of your brain. Since the brain is where your body sends the signals, isn't it wise to stimulate it in a way that works with your body? I love the Kelly Howell Subliminal music. It is new age. When needing to lose weight a persons old habits that are not working need to be transformed into something that is working. Like anything else, decide that this is one of the tools that you are going to make work for you and just do it.
44 comments|167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2009
This CD is the best investment you will ever make if you're trying to lose weight, or change your eating habits! I'm trying to lose some weight, but more importantly, I was trying to find a way to curb my cravings for sweets & chocolate & sugar. I listened to both tracks with headphones while lying in bed. I did not fall asleep to it, but was very relaxed. I didn't actually "hear" any words or phrases, I just trusted they were there. Towards the end of each track you can kind of hear something, but I couldn't actually make out what was being said. No joke, the next day I had absolutely no desire for chocolate, cookies, or sweets of any kind. I even walked by a plate of cookies and an open box of chocolates at work, and didn't feel the slightest bit tempted!! I listen now to the "listen anytime" track while folding laundry, cooking, getting ready for work, whenever. The "listen with headphones" track I listen to while in bed at night just before going to sleep. I highly recommend this CD, it will be the best investment you make!
on December 9, 2007
It is amazing how powerful and effective this cd is!!!! After the first listen I noticed a HUGE difference right away!(i just played it as background music the first time while reading). After I got through reading I got up to decide what I was going to eat. My mind went through (by habit) all of the different fast food chains around my house. Everytime I would name off a food item to myself (burger, taco's, fries, etc) My mind would just say "no, I don't want that". I couldn't explain why I didn't want the food but I just didn't want it. Additionally, I realized that I just wasn't hungry at all. I couldn't bring myself to eat at all!!! It was so strange because I had forgotten that I had listened to the cd since it was just background noice, but apparently it seeped into my subconscious.

I've been so accustomed to just eating out of habit even if I'm not hungry and I saw my weight creeping up, but by no means would I be considered overweight, I was just not where I wanted to be. I was looking for something that I can use as an aide to help me get off the 10-20 pounds that I wanted to loose. I have listened to the cd everyday (about 4 days) since I got it and I kid you NOT, the changes were IMMEDIATE! I have managed to eat just a few small meals a day and I have to FORCE myself to even eat those. I am just NOT hungry! I know that the cd is responsible because the whole week before I started the cd I was eating food like it was going out of style! :)

One thing that I can say that I would change is the ability to be able to hear her say the weight loss phrases. I know that she says them below audio level but I personally prefer guided meditations such as her Universal Mind cd. But if its working with me not being able to hear the words then I guess I have no complaints.

The most important thing that I can say is that you have to strongly believe that you have the power to change your life's current path. If you go into this with an open mind and you believe with everything in you that you will see a change then you will. I have done extensive research on how the mind works and how the subconscious works so I am a TRUE believer in the way God designed our brains to operate. I highly recommend this cd to anyone that is open-minded and wants to loose wait!
VINE VOICEon October 24, 2008
My girlfriend and I decided to give this a try because we had both hit a plateau and really could not vamp up our exercise anymore than it was at and already have some very clean diets. I listened to the 1st track all day long at work, she has been listening to the second track two times a day through headphones.

Both of us commented that we were feeling more focused during the day and confident. I found that I would get up from my desk at work more often than emailing.

I don't know if this is a magic potion. It doesn't do you any harm. I budged 1 pound from my plateau, so it's hard to say for sure, but I think it is a nice tool to have for your efforts and your plan.

The subliminal messages are printed in the cd, they are things like I am nourished, I am active, I love exercise, I feel light, I love myself and I feel great, I let my slim self emerge and other things like that.

The music is like gentle new agey stuff. It's pleasant, I've been playing it all day, I don't really noctice it much. The friend who listens to the headphone portion says she often dozes off listening to it.

The next wave I still just listen all day, she does both tracks and has found she goes in her kitchen a lot less. I suppose it may make a difference what you are really using it for, why do you really need this. Check out the brain sync website for all the subliminal messages you recieve.

Okay so after three weeks of use, my girlfriend has budged 4 pounds and I dropped two. So, it is possible the cd helped nudge our plateau. I think this is a very good tool.
on November 25, 2007
I started listening to this during my morning commute during the first few weeks. Now I listen to it a couple of times a week. In the last three months, my eating habits have changed and I've cut out alot of sweets and extra calories. My actual weight loss has been gradual (about 7 lbs), but that's why I like it. I didn't need to lose much and wanted to eat better. Now I do. I highly recommend.