5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice, Accurate Scale

2.0 out of 5 stars What's Wrong With Mine
Published on September 26, 2005 by RLEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice, Accurate Scale, September 23, 2005
Tex-Talk (TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weight Watchers by Conair Glass Weight Tracking Scale (Health and Beauty)
I usually find scales very annoying and nothing to talk about as they aren't accurate and are ugly. Well, at last. This one is really good looking but much more important, accurate and very easy to read, large numbers on a blue background. It has a leveling dot which floats in the display until you are standing balanced, so that each time, the weight is taken correctly. I haven't programmed it yet, but you don't have to unless you want to track your weight, otherwise it's just a regular scale. Put in the battery, tap the surface with your foot to turn it on, wait till 00.0 displays, get on, balance and there's your weight, get off and it turns off automatically. Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah! Cool!, January 7, 2007
If this isn't the coolest weight scale in the universe, well... It is so refreshing to find a decorator's choice in the weight scale department. It almost makes you feel good about what it's going to tell you!

It is easy to program. In my home, I have 2 users. You can program up to 4 users. The target weight is easy to set. You step on the scale, weigh yourself, then user 1 and user 2 become the up-or-down pound/kilo measurement, so you click on these buttons until you get to your desired target weight. After setting your user number and target weight, you get on the scale after pressing your user number, and it tells you your current weight, how much you've lost since the last time you stepped on it, how much you've lost since you started your program, and how much more you have to go to your target.

The user manual (a flyer), is easy to read and use to set up the scale. Additionally it let's you know how often to weigh yourself depending on whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight.

Additionally with my purchase I also receive a year of Weight Watcher magazine for free. All right!

This has been an enjoyable purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Weight Watcher Member Who Loves This Scale!, September 7, 2005
This scale is all I'd hoped it would be and more!

The leveling feature works well. Unlike other scales I've owned

the weight doesn't vary if you used it minutes later. I like the measuring of weight in tenths of a pound just like the scales at my Weight Watcher meetings. It's also a beautiful addition to our bathroom! I was concerned about the glass top, but, it seem to be quite sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scale review, June 5, 2010
I'm Mary and bought this scale using my husband's Amazon account. I really hate this scale! I've never actually hated a bathroom scale. Usually, I'd just tuck them under my clothes in the closet and then pull them out for encouragement from time to time. This one, however, forced me to go on a diet and start exercising. It's brutally honest! It measures in 10th of a pound and promptly tells me when I've been cheating or gotten lazy. Also, the darn thing won't give my weight until I get my hand off the table or until I'm "balanced." My husband, a Type 2 diabetic, has lowered his blood sugar and revisited his high school senior weight since he began weighing in every day. To make matters even worse, the darn thing agrees with the doctor's scale. My old scale always weighed me 8 pounds less than the doctor's. Well, that's about it..... If the darn thing didn't look so chic I'd shove it back in the closet. Think twice before you buy this machine, it's a real nag. If you choose this scale, you too might find yourself having to deal with what you put in your mouth....without fail, the scale will let you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little scale-Excellent value, March 8, 2006
P. Roberts (San Rafael, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This scale looks stylish and provides an accurate weight. I don't know what else one might want from a scale, but that was sufficient for me. I checked the weight accuracy against the scales at my doctor's, a nutritionist's and my gym. All scales, including mine, were in agreement (to within less than one pound).

Amazon was offering a $20 gift certificate for this purchase at the time (don't know if it's still available). That put the total cost to me with tax and shipping under $35. I couldn't beat or match that anywhere else.

This scale does not provide a body fat measure. From what I read, that feature is often times inaccurate. But whether it is or not, I didn't want or need that feature, so no problem.

If you can match this deal on Amazon or elsewhere for this scale, go for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars What's Wrong With Mine, September 26, 2005
RLEM (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
With just about anything I buy I look for ratings and recommendations as I did before deciding on this particular scale. Something is wrong because I did not get the same wonderful scale you all rave about. Every time I weigh there is a serious issue ranging up to a forty pound variance which is very frustrating. I am not sure what is wrong but I followed the instructions and cannot get an accurate weight. I cannot recommend that anyone buy this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely consisten and Accurate, January 24, 2006
I've had this scale for several weeks now and am very pleased. I check it for accuracy by not only weighing myself several times in a row, but also by placing it on different areas of the floor. It read the same number well over 90% of the time. Also, I am a member of Weight Watchers, and this scale is always right on w/ my weight at the meetings, and their scales are calibrated quite frequently. I would absolutely recommend this scale to anyone who asked, and have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, March 18, 2007
A lot of the previous posters probably had inaccurate readings because they did not fully snap in the batteries; I was getting weights that were all over the place at first as well, until I looked at the battery slot and realized it wasn't completely closed (a tiny push does the trick). After fixing that, the scale reads perfectly - it's the same weight regardless of where I go, and it's dead on with other scales. Plus, the .1 degree measurements are rather nice! I have no problems with this scale; in fact, it's probably my favorite one to date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scale becomes inaccurate after 3 months usage, November 11, 2009
I bought this scale in hopes of just having an accurate, reliable scale to weigh myself as I started my exercise regime. Initially the scale was fine as I checked my weight at the gym locker room (using an old fashioned sliding scale) and my electronic Weight Watchers Scale. Everything was fine and I continued to use my Weight Watchers scale explicitly for my weight readings. At the 1 month mark, I had not lost any weight according to my Weight Watchers scale but at the gym locker room, I weighed 5 pounds lighter than normal. Knowing that weight can fluctuate +/- 4 pounds a day, I assumed it was no big deal. After continual usage of my scale, I started to gain weight while maintaining my exercise program. I soon found out that my scale was indeed adding weight as I had lost nearly 9 pounds according to the sliding scale at the gym.
After this I tried two things, I tried to recalibrate the scale and I tried to change out the batteries. Unfortunately, there is no way of calibrating this thing except by taking out the batteries and hoping for a miraculous reset. This did not happen in my case. I replaced the batteries with 2 sets of fresh batteries, neither resulting in a steady or accurate weight. I do not recommend this product for extended and consistent use.
Since then I have bought a Omron Body Fat Monitor and Scale for $40, and I couldn't be happier. I have been using it for around 90 days and using the guide in the instruction manual to produce the most consistent and stable results, my weight has been VERY accurate. I also have the 1/7/30/90 day tracker to see my weight, BMI body fat %, visceral fat %, muscle %, and supposed body age. I am very happy keeping track of my progress as I strive to lose weight. The only complaint is that my body age started 30 years above my age but now has slowly gone down to 20 years above. I feel more healthy and fit but the machine tells me I'm still an old man (which I am not). All in all, I'd say if you're going to spend $40 on a scale, get a scale that doesn't have a significant and repeatable ratings of 1 star, it's just not worth the hassle and return.

Best of luck and happy exercising.

1.0 out of 5 stars WW Memory Glass Electronic Scale, October 16, 2008
jwoelf (Cambridge, NY) - See all my reviews
My only fault with the scale, but it's a major one, is that the weight is not consistent. I can weigh myself four times in a row and get 3-4 different weights. Getting the scale leveled once it is stepped upon is difficult, but even if I think I have it, it doesn't weigh the same. I may buy another scale in place of this one.

ARRAY(0xa825e5d0)