If you're a Weight Watcher, this collection of 500 recipes in a handy loose-leaf binder could put you in the fast lane on the road to success. This cookbook is designed for Weight Watchers' 123 Success program: points are assigned to foods based on fat, fiber, and calories, and your daily point allowance is based on your current weight. So you can eat what you want, as long as you don't go over your allotted points. The better your food choices, the more you can eat before you run out of points.
Recipes are varied and cover the whole gamut: sauces; breads; soups; meat, chicken, fish, and vegetarian entrees; pasta; vegetable, grain, and potato side dishes; and, of course, desserts. The recipes are more healthful but not drastically different from foods you and your family enjoy now. Many are familiar comfort foods, such as Pizza, Oven "Fried" Chicken, Beef Stew, Tuna Noodle Casserole, Chocolate Layer Cake, and Cheesecake. Internationally inspired favorites include Dolmades (stuffed grape leaves), Orange-Flavored Fajitas, Moo Shu Chicken, Tandoori Haddock, and Senegalese Peanut Soup. The nutritional breakdown for each recipe is more complete than in most cookbooks, and includes calories, fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbohydrate, fiber, protein, calcium, and Weight Watchers' points. --Joan Price
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
At last! Weight loss is made easier — and delicious! — with this thorough, all-encompassing cookbook of over 500 simple, yet scrumptious, recipes for appetizers, snacks, sides, entrées and desserts. Also included in this classic collection are countless cooking tips, tons of speedy how-tos and 60 beautiful, full-color photographs.
Today, the experts at Weight Watchers know that losing weight is about balance and variety — and Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook reflects this smart trend. Whether it's a fancy dinner, a family favorite or an exotic, new entrée, Weight Watchers has whipped up a batch of tasty recipes that combine fresh, wholesome foods with low-fat cooking techniques to create a recipe collection you'll use for years to come. Some highlights include:
- More than 500 luscious recipes to satisfy your taste buds and all your cooking needs
- The lowdown on smart eating the health way
- Countless cooking tips, how-tos, substitutions and secrets on how we cut the fat, but not the great taste
- A collection of vegetarian recipes, plus a new chapter that highlights the best new American recipes
- All-time family favorites like homemade Lasagna and Chocolate Layer Cake, all made healthy
- The how-tos of Weight Watchers super-successful Winning Points Weight Loss Plan, including POINTS information
- Complete nutrition information and POINTS with every recipe
- Sixty spectacular color photographs
With all this, Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
is sure to become a kitchen companion you'll use for years to come.