Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on November 25, 1998
My wife and I have been on the Weight Watchers 1-2-3 Success program for 5 months (with great results) and have found this book to be a Godsend. It is chock full of delicious recipes that are easy to make, healthy, and delicious. Among my favorites are the "One Dish Turkey with Stuffing"; "Glazed Carrots"; "Twice Baked Potatos"; "Apple Cake"; and "Pasta with Seafood in Lemon Dill Sauce". We will be cooking these recipes long after we are done losing weight. We have lost count of how many of the recipes we have tried, and I think there is only one we wouldn't cook again. This easily can become the most used cookbook in your home, even if you aren't trying to lose weight.
0Comment|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 1998
Of all my healthy cookbooks, this is the one that gets used the most. The recipes use common, every day foods and are very easy to follow. My family and I love the recipes, especially the beef stew (YES! Beef Stew) and apple dumplings. The pictures are beautiful and make everything look good enough to eat. We've tried about half the recipes in the book, and haven't had a bad meal yet. If you're following the Weight Watchers 1-2-3 Program, the book is a companion to it, and it's so helpful when you're struggling with how to figure out points and meals for a day or week. What a truly wonderful book!
on October 3, 2000
I've been on Weight Watcher 123 plan for 6 months and have lost 50 pounds in that time. I have used a number of recipees for entrees (Mexican Casserole), brunches (spinach frittatas), and even desert (a pretty good chocolate CAKE)! There are some unusual recipies in here like black bean pancakes that I've enjoyed...not just the plain old diet food.
My husband was NOT on a diet, so I never bother to tell him if I'm cooking "diet food" and he has never noticed a difference. Except...his waist size has gone down.
The recipes are easy to read and assemble, and I like the use of icons to show if it's a microwave recipe or a quickie meal, etc. And I also like that the ingredients for most of the recipies are ones that I would normally buy!
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2001
This book contains wonderful, easy recipes such as Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cakies, Garden Pasta With Veggies, and many more. The book emphasizes portioning, points for the 1,2,3 system, and health. It has many helpful hints, and has helped me to incorporate healthier cooking into my life. I have been on WW for 2 years. I lost 54 lbs. in 6 months, and have maintained my desired weight for 1 1/2 years. I love this book!
on September 28, 2001
I recently joined weight watchers and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to follow the points system. However, I was not sure how I would incorporate the system into making dinner for my family every night. This book has been the most valuable tool in the program. I cook every night and I use this book just about every night. The recipes are easy to follow and delicious. The twice baked pototoes, at 3 points each, are out of this world. My all time favorite is the Bean Quesadillas. I have them for lunch quite often. This book is a must if you are on the program and have to cook.
on July 1, 2002
Having joined Weight Watchers a few years ago, I purchased this book at a local bookstore. The first recipe I tried was Mushroom Barley Soup. That dish alone is worth the price of the book. As I live alone, I prepare a recipe, divide it into portions, seal each in a vacuum seal bag and freeze them for later use. I especially love the Chicken Cacciatore, Chicken Marsala, and Oven Beef Stew. It was terribly hot here today so I prepared a Tuna-Macaroni Salad. Yumm...and for five points, the servings are huge! And as a quick dessert, may I recommend the Brownie Pie. It takes minutes to prepare and has only two points a serving.
As the title of the review suggests, this book will work for everyone, dieting or not. Your family will love the recipes and you won't have to tell them that the food is low fat and healthy. I have over 500 cookbooks and this is one of my favorites. It will be one of yours too!
on February 5, 2001
I'm amazed! I've had this cookbook only 2 days, I'm not a skilled (or enthusiastic) cook, and I'm a fairly finicky eater. But the recipes in this cookbook have blown me away. For example, the hummus rivals anything I've had in a restaurant and the curried shrimp over rice is perfectly flavored and to die for. In no particular order, these are some of my favorite things about this book: recipes call for a limited number of ingredients; ingredients are normal food found at normal grocery stores; prep time is short (sometimes just a few minutes!); Weight Watchers' 1-2-3 Points plus more detailed nutritional information provided; large number of vegetarian recipes; lots of main dishes adaptable by those who pack their lunches. This is nutritionally balanced, tasty, realistic food. Thanks, Weight Watchers!
on August 24, 2002
In an attempt to help my wife with her WW diet I bought this book and started cooking from it. We started rating the meals in the book, so we would remember which ones to cook and which ones to avoid. There are not many to avoid and I almost have the lasagna one memorized, its better than any other I have had, diet or not. There are many desert recipes in this book also. Typically my wife would eat frozen entrees but with this book the portions of homed cooked food are twice that of a ready-made meal and the points aren't any higher.
My family has enjoyed meals, from this book, and three of us aren't on a diet :)
Dan
on January 23, 2002
This book is "Simply The Best" book for anyone interested in losing weight or eating healthy. The recipes are well written and easily followed. I have yet to find a recipe in this book that I don't like. I have made several of the recipes for family as well as guests. They never knew they were eating "diet" food! Almost all of the recipes use common ingredients that I either keep in my pantry or freezer, or are easily available in any grocery store. Plus, having the points printed right there with the recipe makes following the Weight Watchers plan even easier.
on January 7, 2002
I have yet to find a recipe in here that I can't make or doesn't taste wonderful! If you're just going on the POINTS plan, this is the book to start out with because it will make you want to stick with it!
I also have the "New Complete Cookbook" and I was dissappointed with it. I think I've used *maybe* two recipes from it. Most of the recipes just aren't appealing to me.