Most helpful positive review
101 of 101 people found the following review helpful
For everyone, not just vegetarians
on January 31, 2005
This cook-book offers vegan and vegetarian low-fat, low-calories recipes for those on the weight watchers program or for anyone else. The book contains 150 recipes and each has suggestions for variations so you can probably cook several hundred different varieties. Each recipe is clearly marked so that you can see if it should be prepared ahead or if it is fast and easy to make and so on.
The best things about this book:
+ Good value for my money
+ Each recipe has WW points and a full nutritional analysis per serving
+ Lots of tips for varieties of the dishes, other ingredients to try etc
+ Conversion table to metric units
The worst things about this book:
- Poor paper quality. Cookbooks really should have glossy paper so that you can wipe them easily.
- Some recipes are not very filling
Many of the dishes can be prepared either partially or fully in advance. That's good if you need to: a) bring your own lunch to dinner, b) want the flavours to develop more fully, or c) if you want to avoid cooking when hungry.
You should buy this book if:
* You are a vegan or vegetarian on the WW program
* You want to eat healthy and wholesome food
* You are not a vegetarian but want to experiment with non-meat cooking