Customer Discussions > Wii Fit Game with Balance Board forum

Weight limit for the balance board

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2009 5:20:43 AM PST
S. Parris says:
I know the weight limit is 330lbs, but does it function correctly if you are close to that weight. My husband is 310 and thinks that his weight will too close to the max and will cause ineffectiveness.
Is there anyone that is 300+ pounds out there that is using this that can give me some help? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2009 6:05:15 AM PST
Angie M says:
There is a gentleman that posted a youtube video about how to get around the weight limit but I don't know how much it affected the readings. According to his video he was still able to do the activities with no problem. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-j8tYpZxvY

I'm not sure if just being close to the weight limit will affect the effectiveness of the board or not. Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2009 10:04:20 AM PST
310 is fine. Your weight fluctates between two and three pounds each day. The board btw has a weight variation depending upon what clothes you tell it you are wearing.

The balance board is as accurate as the most expensive bathroom scale.

Posted on Feb 13, 2009 2:14:08 PM PST
Its not the board... the board can support 5-600 pounds... its the software.

Posted on Feb 15, 2009 1:18:25 PM PST
krosmon says:
I'm an older woman and I currently weight 313 and I am not having any problem with the board. I'm very happy with the game.

Posted on May 1, 2009 12:03:29 AM PDT
Sweetness. I was gonna ask this very same question but I'm glad I looked through the topics first. I'm 315ish and I plan on losing with this, My Fitness Coach or both! :D

Posted on Dec 23, 2009 9:52:42 PM PST
Here's a link on the weight limit issue. Supposedly 330 lbs. is the most the wii will actually weigh you at, but you can be up to 600 lbs and still use it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Balance_Board

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2009 6:52:50 PM PST
M.B. says:
That's great news! Thanks!

Posted on May 25, 2010 1:01:32 PM PDT
Dad x3 says:
Something to keep in mind: the Wikipedia article reveals that the Wii Balance Board can withstand up to 660 lbs, but there is a huge difference (no pun intended) between pressure and weight.

If a 330 lb person jumps on the Board, depending on how high they jump, they will come back down on to the board with significantly more pressure applied than 330 lbs. Even standing on the board walking in place will result in pressure variations.

Bottom line: there's a reason why the software imposes a 330 lb limit, even if the Board can theoretically support more weight. If you're over the 330 limit, it's still usable, but I'd recommend doing so with great care until you reach that weight loss milestone. Best of luck! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2010 10:31:33 AM PDT
Actually the WiiFit software will not let you even set up if you are over 330 lbs. I don't know if this holds true for all WiiFit games, but I found this out the hard way. I am about 4 lbs over the limit and it won't let me set up the board at all. I understand why they do this, but it is frustrating!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2011 10:12:23 AM PDT
S. Kovacic says:
I don't know about you but as a person who WAS over 330 lbs...very LITTLE jumping happens ;)

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 8:10:28 AM PST
hey, I jump...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 12:44:46 PM PST
I was the same way! But am below the limit now and STILL cant get it to set up. Says I am still over. Unless the Weight Watchers scales are wrong...this thing is wrong! :)

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 7:57:38 PM PST
So u have to be under the weight limit to be able to use it for other games as well. It has to be set up with the wii fit game for anything to work?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 11:40:50 PM PDT
I jump too.....to reach the Twinkies box.... :) no just kidding. I am sadly 400lbs so even if I tried to use it, it would not last very long if I had to jump or do lots of walking on it. At least I would think. (Since I don't own one yet.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 9:50:14 PM PST
Liz says:
EXACTLY. lol

Posted on Feb 10, 2014 2:51:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 10, 2014 2:55:53 PM PST
I weigh 320 lbs. I've owned 2 balance boards & both have read my weight as 285 lbs. (With the balance board on a board not just on the carpet) & both balance boards have had problems registering some of my movements. My current board starts out working fine when I'm playing a game (Wii Fit U & Punch Out) but then a delay developes & finally the board doesn't even register that I'm on it. I was using Wii Fit U & I was attempting a body test (which I had done successfully many times) I got a message that said that the game "couldn't find me". I thought it might be a game glitch so I tried Wii Fit Plus & got the same message. When playing Punch out the board either doesn't register when I duck/dodge or there's a delay.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2014 5:19:48 AM PST
Joanna says:
You are not supposed to jump on the board regardless of your weight. If you do jump on the board, it tells you, don't jump on the board.

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 7:19:00 PM PST
Tux says:
I bought an original wii console with wii fit and wii fit plus software. What balance board do I need to buy to use with this set up so that I can work out and lose weight (also about 330)? Does it matter which board?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions