5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable shoes!
Published 21 months ago by Rebecca H. Morrow

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent sizing
Published on July 11, 2012 by Dee

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent sizing, July 11, 2012
Dee (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered two pairs of these shoes, one Women's 8.5 and one Women's 9, because I wasn't sure which size I required. I ordered from the same amazon product page. The shoes shipped in separate orders, each from a different vendor. The boxes were different, and there are slight differences in the styling of the shoes (for example, one has a pink area on the side of the sole, which the other does not). The real surprise, however, is that the sizing on the shoes was inconsistent. The 9 was demonstrably SMALLER than the 8.5. According to the stamps in the tongues, the 9 corresponds to a Euro 39, while the 8.5 corresponds to a Euro 39.5. Both pairs were too small, although the 9 was more tight-fitting and shorter than the 8.5. Clearly, the shoes were made by different manufacturers and given the Dr. Weil brand.
In addition to the sizing issue, the support was not as great as I expected. I have two pairs of Orthaheel sandals, and they are the best shoes I've found for walking and the only sandals I can wear because of plantar fasciitis. I thought that these Orthaheel sneakers would have a similar inner sole. In fact, the sole of the Dr. Weil sneakers is not as sculpted as that in the sandals; the heel bed isn't as deep, and the arch is not as pronounced. I have inner soles I purchased from REI that are far more supportive, and they can be placed in any sneakers.
Overall, a disappointment. I'll return both pairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable shoes!, November 7, 2012
I purchased these shoes as I tend to overpronate and have plantar fascitis in my right foot. I had read online that these shoes tend to run a little smaller than Orthaheel shoes, so I purchased a half size up, which fit my feet (with socks) perfectly. The one complaint I have about orthaheel is that the footbed is rather wide for my feet, whereas these shoes fit them very well. With that said, people may find the footbed a little tight if they are comfortable in medium width Orthaheels. These shoes not only position my feet well, but the pain from my plantar fascitis is almost non-existent! I also like the look of these shoes as well. Highly recommended for problems with over-pronating and plantar fascitis.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more back pain, May 14, 2013
I have low bone density & get some hip, lower spine/back pain. Been wearing these for a couple weeks & that's getting better. I hate wearing shoes but don't mind wearing these all day at work & walking around. They are a little narrow. There was also a little break in period but not too long. Unlike some support shoes my feet don't hurt when these are on or when I take them off! My birkis are great on but my arches hurt once they're off & these don't so that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Weil Footwear ROCKS!, September 15, 2012
I had high hopes for this shoe to help with my aching ankles and legs during trips to the zoo, Disney World, etc. I had 1st ordered a size 8 (I normally wear a 7/12) but my foot felt like a sausage in them. Ordered an 8 1/2 and that was the trick. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last, July 22, 2013
Finally a shoe that I am able to wear all day at my job where I stand all day. Relieves back pain and leg pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sneakers, February 13, 2013
These sneakers are the best. They fix my problem of my ankle falling in and walking on the inside of my foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, August 22, 2013
i have plantar faciitis. support f these snikers is so great that i coudn't use it with my insiders rescribed by my doctor

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, March 11, 2013
I walked a 5k the first day I wore these shoes; very comfortable and i could instantly feel the support. The size and the width were perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and lightweight!, April 7, 2013
These are great shoes but don't have enough arch support for my workouts. They are lightweight and attractive but don't work for the purpose I bought them. They would make good casual wear shoes. They run a half size small.

5.0 out of 5 stars ORHTHAHEEL, July 24, 2013
I have bad feet due to arthritis. I am continually spending money on new shoes to keep my feet from hurting. These shoes are amazing they keep your feet and other body parts from hurting

Dr. Weil Rhythm Women's Lace-Up Walking