4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, May 7, 2004
J Lee Harshbarger (Ypsilanti, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weird & Gross Bible Stuff (Paperback)
This is a collection of items from the Bible that include the gross, the weird, and the bizarre, with sections like Gross-cordance, Vomit Verses, Bugs & Insects, Weird Trivia and Bizarre Healings. Some of it, though, is just things like records (longest living--Methusaleh, worst day ever--Job), or sections such as Remarkable Miracles or Laugh Out Loud. Obviously geared toward kids and more likely to appeal to boys, as an adult I still enjoyed the format of the book, with its all-over-the-place organization (as in a magazine) and its language. For example, in the section on Excuses, when it reports on Aaron's fanciful story about the golden calf ("I just melted everybody's jewelry and out came this calf!"), the book responds "'Oh sure! Right, Aaron! Just like that? You sure the tooth fairy didn't make it out of gold fillings?' Moses probably wanted to bust the Ten Commandments over Aaron's head." In the section on Angels is a story entitled, Barbecue, Angel Style (from Judges 6:11-12) and another entitled Note To Self: Don't Talk Back To Angels (from Luke 1:11-20).
These are just a few examples of the types of stories you find in this book. An entertaining presentation of stories from the Bible, while especially appropriate for someone who is into the weird and gross, even someone who is not into that (like me) may find the book enjoyable for its fresh perspective of well-known events from the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Books for Boys!!, August 26, 2009
B. Corrales "Corrbet" (McCordsville, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weird & Gross Bible Stuff (Paperback)
I love this series of books because it has really been a tool for my son to know more about the Bible. He's excited about the books and has read them various times. On this particular book, there were some weird things that happened that even took us (the Parents) by surprise and we went back to the Bible to make sure these stories where there and sure enough! It was fun discovering more of God's Word with the eye of a child through these books. Highly, Highly Recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird and Gross Bible Stuff, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Weird & Gross Bible Stuff (Paperback)
I teach a 5th and 6th grade class at church. We use these books as rewards for memory worked. They were checked out thru our associate pastor and approved scripturally. The titles would cause an interest to seek more of the Word. I have the whole series and use some as study referral for a lesson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird and Gross Bible Stuff, July 14, 2008
This review is from: Weird & Gross Bible Stuff (Paperback)
The book was in very good condition and arrived quickly. Those are the two things I look for in a good seller!

Weird & Gross Bible Stuff
Weird & Gross Bible Stuff by Rick Osborne (Paperback - February 1, 2003)
$7.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.