Customer Discussions > The Alchemist forum

Welcome to the The Alchemist forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2005 7:26:35 AM PST
Be the first to start a discussion below! Ask questions, share insights, and express your views on your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2005 2:13:54 PM PST
Paulo Coelho is probably the most influential author in this world today. I start reading his books ten years ago, and I still read this author. On the other hand, I am very surprised to see this bad critics - mostly born out of envy. This Daniela Duarte, for example, she complains about how Paulo writes, but her English couldn't be worse.

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 3:35:02 PM PDT
Tai Odunsi says:
Love the Alchemist! So much so it inspired me to write a version for young adults: http://landofintuit.com

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 3:35:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 10, 2009 3:36:06 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 10, 2009 7:40:11 PM PDT
love to read says:
This was the first Coelho book I had read, and loved it... I have read a couple of his other books, and will read the rest. but he is the type of author that say so much in his books, I need to reflect for awhile and not pick up another right away...diffently worth waiting for between each book....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2010 9:00:23 PM PST
Jan says:
The Constant Travellers
If you liked the Alchemist you will love "The Constant Travellers" a mystical quest, American style. Set in the Western US a young traveller encounters an Indian Shaman and learns that there are no accidents in life. Timeless.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2010 9:02:55 PM PST
Jan says:
The Constant Travellers
A book for those who loved "The Alchemist" is Gordon Basichis' "The Constant Travellers." This wonderful jewel of a book is a mystical quest where a young American meets up with a Native American shaman and discovers that their paths are spiritually and literally intertwined.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2010 4:56:57 AM PDT
Pilar I agree with you. Coelho is a briliant author.I love all his books becau the way he writes keeps the readers' interest until the very end and at the same time he passes many messages in many different levels and towards every direction. His stories are always so fresh and full of magic whilst they are at the same time so real! If there is a writer that deserves five stars this is he.
Gabriella Kasoulidou
Author of Angels' Gardens
http://kasoulidou.blogspot.com
Amazon.com

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 29, 2010 2:38:31 PM PST
Charlotte El says:
I enjoyed the book and understood why it came to me at this point in my life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2011 9:06:01 PM PST
respectfully, i dont see how Coelho is very influential at all, the book was OK, but i think theres a lot more inspiring living authors out there.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 8:32:18 AM PDT
I think Paulo Coelho is brilliant not for his storytelling or prose but for his humility and wisdom. I agree that there are better writers out there. But few are as endearing as Coelho.

If you liked the Alchemist, you will like my new book 3 Lives, In search of bliss

Do give it a try. If you are willing to write a review, I will be happy to gift you a free copy.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Alchemist
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2005
Latest post:  Aug 13, 2011

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Alchemist
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (Paperback - 2002)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (4,007)