4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a little getting used to
I'm South African and the first guy to review this CD on Amazon--Where's my prize?

Published on June 21, 2006 by Mr. CP van Jaarsveld

1.0 out of 5 stars The dumbest thing I ever heard
Published on January 20, 2011 by Take No Prisoners

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a little getting used to, June 21, 2006
This review is from: Welcome to Carcass Cuntry (Audio CD)

Anyway, I ordered this with Rebel meets Rebel, and although I've eagerly been awaiting both the releases, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Jeff's country outing. First off, his "singing" voice takes getting used to. Fact is, in my opinion he can't really sing to save his life, but this is where the strange appeal of this album started for me. His out of tune, almost druken singing combines well with the subject matter, giving it a sort of real world grit. The playing throughout is okay, nothing stellar to report, but all in all it grew on me with every listen. It's not as instantly gratifying as Rebel meets Rebel, but give it a chance it it's peculiar charms might just bring a smile to your face. One major gripe I had though was Jeff's interpretation of what the bell in the Kris Kristofferson song should sound like--I always imagined a church bell--he used something sounding like a doorbell?!

All things being said, this won't be everybody's cup of tea, but if you're a Jeff Walker fan like me and you appreciate his humour you might just like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique und Brilliant Interpretation of Country Standards, December 4, 2008
R. G. Marcum "TheBadger1252" (Music Library at a University) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Welcome to Carcass Cuntry (Audio CD)
It took me a long while to get around to looking for this album. When I first heard Jeff Walker was doing country I thought he was off his rocker. I love Carcass, and I also love classic country. For the uninitiated, Jeff vocals may take a while to get used to (if ever). I love his vocals, they are what makes this a truly unique record. The musical performances on this record are top-notch. There are guys from Carcass, Amorphis, HIM, Anathema, and Faith No More backing Jeff. The production is excellent. Even though I am a fan of Carcass and of classic country, this album took some getting used to, but with every listen it grew better and better. In the month since I bought it I have listened to it every day, and sometimes all day. I'm sorry I hesitated or doubted Jeff. The highlights of the album are Sunday Morning Coming Down, Rocky Mountain High, Keep On Rocking In The Free World, and The End of the World, but really they are all great in their own way. The cover of Johnny Cash's The Man Comes Around is another highlight. I agree with the other review that the telephone bell used in Sunday Morning Coming Down instead of the churchbell may not have been the best choice, but it's still my favorite performance on the record (the lead by Danny Cavanaugh of Anathema is spectacular). There may never be another record like this, but I sure would love it if they made a few more just like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars The dumbest thing I ever heard, January 20, 2011
This review is from: Welcome to Carcass Cuntry (Audio CD)
First I'll start by saying I hate country, but man, Jeff Walker has no business trying to sing these songs. He sounds so horribly out of place, it really hurts your ears. These songs aren't really "metalized" at all, they are probably about as bad as the originals that I have never heard nor do I care to hear. Maybe I am missing the point of this but to me, this sounds like a guy that hates metal so much now that he can't help but to bank of his name laughing at how bad even he must know this is.

Welcome to Carcass Cuntry
Welcome to Carcass Cuntry by Jeff Walker und Die Fluffers (Audio CD - 2006)