Welcome to the The Celestine Prophecy forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2005 7:27:17 AM PST
Be the first to start a discussion below! Ask questions, share insights, and express your views on your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2006 8:38:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 2, 2006 8:38:44 PM PDT
Elisita says:
This book is terrible!!! Honestly, this book has inspired me to write a book of my own. If Redfield can get published...anyone can!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2006 12:20:32 PM PDT
Elisa, that's a good thing - to be inspired to write a book. I only hope you write your book more clearly than you state your criticism of Redfield's book, of which you say is "terrible" but you don't say terrible how. It certainly wasn't terrible in sales. As of 2006, The Celestine Prophecy sold 12 million copies in 50 different languages. Perhaps the subject of the book just isn't your topic of interest. But if it is, I suggest you give it a another chance by listening to it on CD, as read by Lou Diamond Phillips. Hearing it has a whole different feel. For some reason it sounds less simplistic. Or you could go see the movie. It was just released to select theatres around the country and they're adding more theatres every week.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2007 2:06:42 PM PST
D James says:
I absolutely agree. I remember in 2000 when my campus was trading this book around like it was the second coming. It contains the worst plot. The characters are not believable. It would have worked better as a self-help note card bulleting the major points.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2009 12:34:54 PM PDT
S. Dingley says:
Yes I agree, To lead people on that this book is based on anything other that Fiction is a bad thing to do. I wonder how many families have had more problems due to this book, telling people how to run their families. IT's Fiction. They have made a lot of money from this book, did he give his profits to people that are hungry? There is not one reference to any other works in his book. He meets many Sicentists, where are the references, none because it a fiction book.

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 12:27:41 PM PST
CELESTINE PROPHECY was one of the worst books I've ever read. Utter crap!

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 11:19:31 PM PDT
Reviewer says:
I love the 1/st book: "The Celestine Prophecy". Is one of my favorites books, ever. I was absolutely delighted while reading it. I found it very spiritual, motivational and inspiring, without being religious or else. After a few years later, I found it in my library, and need to read it once again, with more understanding than the first time. After so many years, I still recommend these meaningful book.

I also read the 2nd book: "Tenth Insight", from the same author, but liked the first book more than this. The author published another 3rd book in this serie: "The Secret of Shambala...". Maybe it has too long and hard to follow narratives, maybe it was written in another style, and I cannot really appreciated it and grasp the message the author was trying to deliver to us. The third one is the one that I really disliked.

Books:
The Celestine Prophecy - The Tenth Insight - The Secret of Shambala
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2005
Latest post:  Aug 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure
The Celestine Prophecy: An Adventure by James Redfield (Hardcover - January 1, 1993)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (1,400)