Welcome to the A Child Called "It" forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2005 10:21:27 AM PST
Be the first to start a new discussion in this forum. Share questions, insights, and views about your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

Posted on Apr 21, 2009 8:53:01 PM PDT
My 9 yr old daughter is interested in reading this book, I think some older kids she knows have read it. I have not. Does anyone have any insite into the appropriatemess of this for her? My though is it is a bit too much for someone her age to digest, let alone really to be exposed to.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2009 4:53:01 PM PDT
Nakita W says:
hmm that depends on her maturity i read it when i was 12. it really didnt inspire me...it just made my want to kill that mother. tey borrowing it from a library ahen skimm through it then you can judge for yourself.

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 1:14:13 PM PST
nsp721 says:
I would recommend a parent to read this book before giving it to a child of any age. This way you can be ready to answer your child's questions or discuss the problem of child abuse. Both of my children, daughter, 16, and son, 11, read this book, and the older one was more affected emotionally than the younger one. So it may have more to do with personality and gender rather than age.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 11:29:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 29, 2012 11:30:29 AM PST
Remember that a child is exposed to abuse usually at an early age anyway so it would probably do more good than harm for your child to read it at a young age to be cautioned by it. Don't you think? Another great child abuse true story book at For The Wounded Soul (Child Abuse True Stories and More) that I would certainly recommend for children, parents and anyone else.

Posted on Aug 27, 2012 2:32:42 PM PDT
those who wish to read this book should know that it is fictional. Though it purports to be a true story (like the Education of Littletree), it is not. One could certainly read either one of these books, but it is important to know that they ae both fiction.

Posted on Sep 7, 2012 11:01:52 PM PDT
C. Acosta says:
These books are NOT fiction! They are the real life of Dave Pelzer, the author.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2005
Latest post:  Sep 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive
A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive by Dave Pelzer (Turtleback - Feb. 2002)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (3,254)