Customer Discussions > Credit Card Nation forum

Welcome to the Credit Card Nation forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2005 10:40:08 AM PST
Be the first to start a new discussion in this forum. Share questions, insights, and views about your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2006 11:11:18 AM PST
I began to read this book after I had read Paying With Plastic, and had begun to read the books As We Forgive Our Debtors and the Fragile Middle Class. Credit Card Nation is a good complement to each. Although at times I feel the book is a bit polemical, and I am continually frustrated by the author's insistence to publish in six point font, the book manages to be both informative and humorous.

The book seeks to tell us where we are, how we got here, and where we are most likely headed, if we persist in our ways. I especially found Table 4.2 on pages 122-3 most enlightening, as it shows the great disparity in both access to and type of credit available to various socio-economic groups. As such, the book provides copious ammunition for my contention that we are quickly moving towards what I call The New and Improved Fuedalism (or is it slavery?).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9c6d54a4)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Credit Card Nation forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2005
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Credit Card Nation The Consequences Of America's Addiction To Credit
Credit Card Nation The Consequences Of America's Addiction To Credit by Robert D. Manning (Hardcover - December 25, 2000)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (28)