Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Welcome to the Eat Right 4 Your Type forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2005 10:24:12 AM PST
Be the first to start a new discussion in this forum. Share questions, insights, and views about your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 6:16:39 PM PDT
Earlie Work says:
He makes Type A's sound like wimps!!! The diet sounds about right. I feel a whole lot better when I eat whole grains and legumes and maybe a little fowl and fish than when I eat a lot of red meat, but gosh. No aerobic exercise...how dull is that? I walked 16 miles yesterday....I walked it! Didn't run it! Didn't get the miles playing basketball, but I do occasionally hit a speed bag and this makes me feel great. The author makes it sound like Type A's are gonna break right in half if they attempt to muscle anything. I am ashamed to be a Type A. We are so whussie-fied according to him. You can be creative and "pound" at the same time.
I am my most imaginative when I am aerobicizing, be it power walking or riding a bicycle a long distance or anything involving endurance. I stop and have more than I can write fast enough to get it all put down.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 5:16:35 AM PST
Chris May says:
I'm confused about the contents of the book. A co-worker and I both have this book. SAME copywrite date, but the lists are different! For example, mine for type O person says oatmeat is on the avoid list .... but his book says it's on the neutral list for type O. Who has the correct book and why are there two versions? And in one book it says beer is neutral and the other to avoid.
I would really like an explanation as to why the contents are different. Does somebody have contact info for the author?
I think he's playing mind games with us. Or somebody at the publisher has a sick sense of humor. We are probably losing weight because we are watching what we eat and not because there is any real science behind these lists that he's randomly making up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2011 5:20:52 PM PDT
Hawaii Howie says:
http://www.4yourtype.com/contactus.asp

Posted on Mar 10, 2013 7:07:25 AM PDT
Earlie Work, you have to remember that his book's diet & exercise suggestions are not the same as ironclad rules--it's more a best-benefits description of food for us humans by blood type, generally speaking.
I found that in addition to what's better for me, it's a good explanation of why I don't drool anticipating a cooked-rare steak, but do when it's a good piece of fish, or sometimes can't leave the veggie tray alone. Yes, I'm type A, too.
As for the exercise, whatever you're used to, as there's always an exception to the norm. But whussie-fied? You think all athletes are type O? Or the original farmer types weren't/aren't hardy? C'mon, lighten up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2005
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2013

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Eat Right for Your Type
Eat Right for Your Type by Peter J. D'Adamo (Audio CD - December 26, 2007)
4.3 out of 5 stars (1,731)