Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2005 7:27:59 AM PST
Be the first to start a discussion below! Ask questions, share insights, and express your views on your favorite books and authors. Read what others are saying about popular books. Join in the fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2007 11:08:24 AM PDT
P. L. Morche says:
I brought this book up to our VP of our department at work as something each of the 6 attorneys and their assistants should read to develop what the "love language" is of the person that works for them and who they work for. Do you think these "languages" would apply to this setting (office)?
Before I order 16 of these books I would like to make sure I am not out of line by giving it to those in our department as an assignment to read to aid in their working relationship?
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2007 4:07:56 PM PDT
OhGoddess says:
I say inappropriate for work. It clearly is oriented towards love relationships, and if you want to be in love relationships with your co-workers, ok, but if you want to be in productive working relationships then get something more suitable for that type of relationship, such as the Jung and Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator. Do a wikipedia search for those names and you'll get some info and links to start with. I have used them and found them very helpful in forming good working relationships with co-workers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2008 3:38:03 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 16, 2008 1:18:41 PM PDT]

Posted on May 1, 2009 3:30:49 AM PDT
K. G. Madsen says:
I have really enjoyed this book. It's primary target is to help people improve their marriage, bit I find it very helpful in understanding your children, parrents and friends as well. You just have to 'translate' it a bit. http://www.learnerbyheart.com/love-languages-for-beginners/
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2005
Latest post:  May 1, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate (Library Edition)
The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate (Library Edition) by Gary D Chapman (Audio CD - October 1, 2006)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (5,493)