5.0 out of 5 stars This book is THE BEST!
Published on July 24, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
It's a fun book to read through once, but I honestly haven't made anything out of it. On a positive note, the plastic comb binding was shattered when it arrived, and the seller promptly responded and refunded my money, which I very much appreciated.
Published on December 8, 2010 by SA

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is THE BEST!, July 24, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Welcome Home for the Holidays (Gooseberry Patch) (Plastic Comb)
The many wonderful recipes and decorating ideas in this book have become tradition in our home over the past few years. My children (and even their friends) never let me forget 'Dinner in a Pumpkin'. I have also given this book as a gift several times to my children's teachers. This is a "must have" for those of you like me who love the times between Halloween and Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Fantastic Gooseberry Patch Cookbook!, March 22, 2002
"Welcome Home for the Holidays" is another fantastic addition to the "Gooseberry Patch" series of books. This book is full of fantastic cooking tips, fun traditions and holiday memories for everyone.
Learn how to cook Indian Tea, Corn Chowder, Fragrant Holiday Ornaments and Pizza Fondue! (Not Necessarily altogether, (Grin)).
"Welcome Home for the Holidays" has a large collection of reader memories and stories, and is chock full of suggestions on how to make excellent meals while also celebrating the wonders of the seasons: Autumn and Winter.
This is a definite must for Gooseberry Patch Collectors everywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like coming home, June 20, 2010
I have had Welcome Home for the Holidays since it first came out. I loved it so much I bought a copy for my sister, and now have gotten it for another friend. It's an oldie but a goodie. Gooseberry Patch cookbooks are a delight to read. The recipes are tried and true, and the stories that go with them will warm your heart. Over the years I have collected many of the Gooseberry Patch books, but this one was my first holiday book and is still my favorite.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book but lots of repeats, December 14, 2011
Bunny Hugger (AK United States) - See all my reviews
This is a really nice little book! My mother-in-law picked it up for me at a garage sale or something. There are lots of yummy looking recipes that are great for winter and lots of cute holiday ideas. Last night I made the Tangy Barbecued Meatballs on page 126 and we loved them, I've made similar recipes before but this one was the best. Later this week I plan on making the Curry Spinach Tortellini on page 163, I hope it's good! There are many other recipes I plan to try as well.

I do have one small complaint though. There are multiple recipes that are printed in the book twice with just tiny variations. For instance, Party Rye Appetizer on page 125 and Open Face Cucumber Sandwiches are both made by stirring together salad dressing mix and cream cheese, spreading it on tiny slices of rye bread, and topping with sliced cucumber. The amounts of salad dressing mix are slightly different but why include essentially the same recipe twice? There are other instances of this too but one example is enough. This type of thing makes it seem like not much thought went into compiling the book, even though I do like the book.

My favorite holiday idea from the book is to have a little sleigh with a tiny wrapped present and hand out the little gifts after Christmas dinner. I plan to start that tradition this year, actually! My husband and I have been married for just over a year so I'm trying to establish holiday traditions. This book has been a great resource for ideas and I'm sure I'll draw from it frequently (for both recipes and other ideas) over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE GOOSBERRY PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, July 25, 2014
I bought this book used in Good Condition for $3 and some change. It is one of the best things I could have spent 3 bucks on! Sooo many ideas and projects home Christmas, Halloween/Harvest Decorations , recipes and I love the most reading the ideas of traditions from others that you can take and make into your own traditions. For ME this book is perfect and I really have already started enjoying it! I just got this book yesterday and I read through the WHOLE thing already! Now to go back and tag all those wonderful ideas! This also makes a great gift for friends and family. My church hosts a Harvest Carnival every year and I always love buying at least one of these (brand new) as one of our "PRIZES" for our Carnival games! Always a big hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Hunter, January 21, 2013
My daughter and I love Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks! We are trying to get the entire line of cookbooks. They have many recipes and have tips on every page, from decorating tips to cooking tips. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars mother goose series-home for the holidays, March 3, 2013
like all mother goose cookbooks this another good one. it consintrates on the winter holidays. recipes, tips and crafts. how to make that wecolm home feeling and smells. good food to eat and to just relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seasonal cookbook, April 3, 2013
A mix of harvest recipes and fare for Christmas.Tips, traditions & seasonal gifts to make.Main dishes,Chowder,soups,stews & breads,old fashioned sweets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable,Homey...helps get you in the mood for the Holidays!, November 5, 2012
I bought this book years ago - and somehow I lost it - I've been looking and looking - and finally just decided to buy a replacement.

I love to curl up on the couch, glass of wine and the fire going on one of the first snowy nights of the season with this book. I enjoy reading all the little stories - looking at recipes I tried - and thinking about which ones to do again...if you're not in the mood for the Holidays -this book definitely will help!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Gooseberry books!, July 9, 2014
Debra Ruffing (Washington, PA USA) - See all my reviews
A favorite not just for Christmas!

Welcome Home for the Holidays (Gooseberry Patch)
Welcome Home for the Holidays (Gooseberry Patch) by Gooseberry Patch (Plastic Comb - December 1, 1994)
Used & New from: $0.01